Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

my kensington is very needs suiting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
I got a couple of Data General workstations that have a wacky DIN-8 keyboard port that’s compatible with both their DASHER 412 6348A terminal keyboard and PC-AT keyboards

so now I have a Fujitsu, Mitsumi, and Keytronic PS/2-layout AT keyboard

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
the Data General 6348A does feel really nice though

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

post pics you dingleberry

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

wowza

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

this is exactly what I'd expect from those esperanto nerds

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

now that's an arrow key cluster with some real character

pram
Jun 10, 2001
a button cluster like that would make a lot of sense on a tkl ngl

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SO DEMANDING posted:

now that's an arrow key cluster with some real character

This would have prevented wasd

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

This would have prevented wasd

esdf is better

i gave up re-binding my controls for every game long ago though

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SO DEMANDING posted:

esdf is better

i gave up re-binding my controls for every game long ago though

I think esdf is better but it's so not worth it to rebind everything

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
i think star control 2/ur quan masters has a menu item to switch to esdf without having to rebind things individually

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Blotto Skorzany posted:

i think star control 2/ur quan masters has a menu item to switch to esdf without having to rebind things individually

Ok that's one

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i am a loving insane moron and i migrated from esdf to 3wer so i have more buttons to press simultaneously w/ my thumb

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

comedyblissoption posted:

i am a loving insane moron and i migrated from esdf to 3wer so i have more buttons to press simultaneously w/ my thumb

I have never ever heard of 3wer

that's some bespoke keybing

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
UHJK is the true way

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

I’m the C4

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

wonder if this works with the switch gamecube adapter

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

eschaton posted:

I’m the C4

I’m a CURSR TYPE

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

:whatup: 80’s keyboard brother

My desk at work:

Yes I have a mousepad for a trackball mouse. Deal with it.

Also roughly half the key caps actually match up to the respective keys. I’ll be damned if anyone uses my dock again while I’m not there

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Also, if anyone is looking for an MX-Ergo thumb trackball mouse, I’ve got two lightly used ones that I’ve purchased in the last year that I’d like to get rid of. Bought one for work and my home office, but my thumbs are too wrecked for even the most ergonomic of mice.

Elecom Deft Pro is a life changer, index finger trackball 4 lyfe

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

thumb trackball is not for everyone and I don’t recommend it for anyone that plays excessive amounts of controller vidya as it’s such a similar move you’ll probably burn out your thumb p quick.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

OSU_Matthew posted:

My desk at work:

Also roughly half the key caps actually match up to the respective keys. I’ll be damned if anyone uses my dock again while I’m not there

dual wielding function strips

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

OSU_Matthew posted:

Elecom Deft Pro is a life changer, index finger trackball 4 lyfe

hell yeah finger them balls

I’m also on the deft pro right now. makes for a decent replacement for my Microsoft trackball, though elecom’s software is lovely and forgets your button reassignments sometimes; need thumb button right click

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

OSU_Matthew posted:

My desk at work:

When I was a kid I remember seeing these from time to time and wondering what the extra f keys were for lol

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

akadajet posted:

When I was a kid I remember seeing these from time to time and wondering what the extra f keys were for lol

MMO keyboard.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

akadajet posted:

all the extra f’in you’re gonna do with this baby

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

OSU_Matthew posted:

My desk at work:

I hope you work with a bunch of deaf people or those buckling springs will eventually lead to a stabbing

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Lambert posted:

MMO keyboard.

I only ever remember seeing them at hospitals and doctors offices

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

akadajet posted:

It’s for use with an IBM Mainframe. As in, this keyboard doesn’t even technically work with modern computers—I had to desolder and replace the controller to get it talking in modern scan codes. The extra function keys were for Macros, which is exactly what I use them for (with the exception of F13 being mapped to my windows key).

r u ready to WALK posted:

I hope you work with a bunch of deaf people or those buckling springs will eventually lead to a stabbing

:getin:

mewse
May 2, 2006

I've been considering getting one of those 122 key model M's but I'm not sure I'd even enjoy the keyfeel, and having to boltmod a membrane keyboard would feel kinda pointless. Also ansi mod it because it's a weird american ISO layout with vertical enter key

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Honestly considering getting one of these bags and building my own Iris.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
keyboard socks??

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:
you're not a real developer unless you have cherry mx blue keys which are loud as gently caress in the office

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

pram posted:

keyboard socks??

they're clearly keyboard mittens

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
thanks rotor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU