Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Marxalot posted:

"10/02 06:02 pm - Brexit Island was embargoed by Cloaca."

:shobon:

Deadmeat5150 posted:

First Edition of the Goon Gazette

First and a Half Edition of the Goon Gazette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Joined the game, got war dec'ed by a bunch of pubbies, became a professional baseball manager, enemies make $0 off me while I make millions from baseball. Good times.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Just :laffo: that this game is literally a baseball simulator with a politics mechanic tacked on.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Wait... so I can fund a baseball team via international war profiteering?

Hmmm I might have to check this thing out.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Resting Lich Face posted:

Yes you can.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Resting Lich Face posted:

Better than that, you hide your stolen cash in baseball investments so it doesn't get stolen back when someone invades you.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Worth noting that this game is 5 years old, and in just a month GOONS has already managed to crack the top 20 strongest alliances, and keeps gaining ranks by the day.

Also, once we get 30-40 or so more goons on board, we will have enough people to vote for and change the name of the black color trading Bloc to whatever name we want.

Yes, whatever name we choose. Decided by goons...

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kim Jaym Il posted:

Worth noting that this game is 5 years old, and in just a month GOONS has already managed to crack the top 20 strongest alliances, and keeps gaining ranks by the day.

Also, once we get 30-40 or so more goons on board, we will have enough people to vote for and change the name of the black color trading Bloc to whatever name we want.

Yes, whatever name we choose. Decided by goons...

We should've gone brown so we could change it from Typhon's self-aggrandizement into something they hate.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

super sweet best pal posted:

We should've gone brown so we could change it from Typhon's self-aggrandizement into something they hate.

Typhoid Mary Brown

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Typhoid Mary Brown

:vince:

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Typhoid Mary Brown

I suddenly have a desire to change the alliance's color.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Are you down with the brown?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Oh man, it's been years since I thought of CN, I think I might have to join up when I get home from work.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
You can make your nation pages -powerfully- loving ugly in this game. They're bbcode enabled.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=180449

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Marxalot posted:

You can make your nation pages -powerfully- loving ugly in this game. They're bbcode enabled.

I've seen userpages with alternate wallpapers. Idk if you've considered something equally eyesearing for that.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Does any decision I make early on affect anything too greatly?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Deki posted:

The best decision is to join the discord where the people there will build your nation up to a fighting standard where you can start helping GOONS alliance kick rear end ASAP

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Deki posted:

don't switch your continent without gov orders

stay in beige as long as possible until getting built up

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Marxalot posted:

Oh hell yeah you can. I'm going to make this SO much worse when I get home from work.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Marxalot posted:

That'll do

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=179020

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Baseball is so amazingly broken that I just copped 20-25m today while catching up on a show. That's about what my country makes in a month.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Please come play so we can form our own Baseball Cabal and coordinate home and away games and make a bajillion dollars without having to tip pubbies

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Is baseball money infinite but slow?

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Deki posted:

Is baseball money infinite but slow?

My nation with ~25m dumped into it by day 1 goonmunism makes 950k a day and maxed baseball does ~5/hr if you're not in a hurry

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

I am so bad at baseball :ohdear:

Jhordhynne
Jan 12, 2010

:same:

I just lost 22-0.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
My team is, special. I think my home field might be little league sized.

quote:

The Lardlandia Butter Burgers have an overall record of 3 wins and 3 losses. In their history they have scored 7 runs, 6 of which were home runs

jumba
Sep 6, 2004

Hang in there!
Fun Shoe
Baseball has been in this game for years. GOONS discover baseball last week, and suddenly there are cries on the forum to get baseball banned. What will we ruin next?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

jumba posted:

Baseball has been in this game for years. GOONS discover baseball last week, and suddenly there are cries on the forum to get baseball banned. What will we ruin next?

Alright I care about baseball now

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

jumba posted:

I'd like to have the supposed logic of this explained so I can laugh at it, because it's making no sense so far.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
It turns out messages are also bbcode enabled

bird food bathtub posted:

I'd like to have the supposed logic of this explained so I can laugh at it, because it's making no sense so far.

A couple of us running baseball for a few hours can make what the entire alliance (probably) does in a day. Now it needs to be nerfed I guess (some pubbies have made billions off it before we got here)

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Played the other game in the past, didn't know what I was doing, and failed horribly.

Hope thing are better here. Joined as Boss Mancalledm of Holy Crap! it's Eastendland.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=180910

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
All this fine I could've been playing baseball instead of mass raiding and pillaging for funding? drat.

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Oct 6, 2019

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
The forums for this game are in a pretty dire state. There's also another thread about K2 curing alzheimers and or cancer or some poo poo, I ti;dr'd it hard.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Oh Noctis... you stupid piece of poo poo.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Marxalot posted:

The forums for this game are in a pretty dire state. There's also another thread about K2 curing alzheimers and or cancer or some poo poo, I ti;dr'd it hard.

:wtc:

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Marxalot posted:

lmfao

oh man, im tempted to join just for the forums posting and pubbies, i didnt think this level of forums hilarity was even possible today. butt, i got hobsbawm to read now

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
He went on in another thread to talk about how the poo poo they used to put in K2/Spice being some kind of cancer cure or something. I didn't read it.

I did make an acab thread hoping to bait out some neonazis though.

e: :shobon:

VVV official public discord for the game

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 6, 2019

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Is that screenshot from the arghghg channel or the mythic channel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Marxalot posted:

"Libertarian King"

Well there's your problem.