Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Zlodo posted:

I'm the ceo who have a manilla folder with all the company asset accounts on him at all times

recall that earlier in the story it was established that all of the company's assets were cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

KnifeWrench posted:

recall that earlier in the story it was established that all of the company's assets were cash

the advisor hid his smile until he got into his car and drove a few blocks, then looked over at the banker’s box filled with hundred-dollar bills

and that advisor’s name was niels bohr

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

and because the profits were in cash they were in danger of collapse because ____________ and __________, it's a terrible practice to have a large pool of liquidity because ...uh...

help me out here

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

kw0134 posted:

and because the profits were in cash they were in danger of collapse because ____________ and __________, it's a terrible practice to have a large pool of liquidity because ...uh...

help me out here

buy bitcoin

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

kw0134 posted:

help me out here

the cfo had planned out severance payments for all the employees
which is definitely something you do when you're merely at "risk" of collapsing
and which definitely only indicates problems that can be solved by simply changing your financial holdings
all very straightforward

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
WhatTheFaceSwap -35 points 29 days ago

Up until now, I've only been buying and holding bitcoin ironically

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
I like the cut of this guy's jib

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

AlbieQuirky posted:

the aristocrats

:vince:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

...! posted:

absolutely free and instantly, all while Bitcoin doesn't even rely on electricity or traditional network technologies to work
the hell

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
it’s true. bitcoin is pure math and after the collapse of civilisation it will be kept running by autistic savant monks communicating by semaphore and smoke signal

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Soricidus posted:

it’s true. bitcoin is pure math and after the collapse of civilisation it will be kept running by autistic savant monks communicating by semaphore and smoke signal

the year is 3130, monks have been calculating blocks by hand for over 1000 years, each block taking decades or more to be discovered. the monks persist, unwavering in their belief that if enough blocks are mined, the block difficulty will drop and they will once again be able to discover blocks in minutes, ending the dark ages as finally, after millenia of stagnation, basic commerce can resume

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Plank Walker posted:

the year is 3130, monks have been calculating blocks by hand for over 1000 years, each block taking decades or more to be discovered. the monks persist, unwavering in their belief that if enough blocks are mined, the block difficulty will drop and they will once again be able to discover blocks in minutes, ending the dark ages as finally, after millenia of stagnation, basic commerce can resume

At the same time, Ross is still in prison, whining.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

look on a log scale 7 is practically 10 which is half way to a hundred so he really is half way there

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i dont give enough of a poo poo to check but whatever happened to all the alt shitcoins that people were hyping, like the ransomware favorite monero and that one that runs on gas

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
And may he stay there for a log log time.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Zamujasa posted:

i dont give enough of a poo poo to check but whatever happened to all the alt shitcoins that people were hyping, like the ransomware favorite monero and that one that runs on gas

Only some of them have turned out to be scams. And some of them have yet to turn out to be scams. Biggest scam, tether, is among the biggest shitcoins now.

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
I forget when :gerard::honked: recommended this but I finally got around to listening and it is as funny as promised. About not-Doctor Craig S. :wrong:’s trial, highlighted by people who love train wreck court cases.

https://overcast.fm/+Trid-zSHw

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Banzai 3 posted:

I forget when :gerard::honked: recommended this but I finally got around to listening and it is as funny as promised. About not-Doctor Craig S. :wrong:’s trial, highlighted by people who love train wreck court cases.

i've listened to this three times now and it's still funny y'all

the other two episodes are good, but not "man lies his way into owing $5billion he never had to a dead man" funny

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Banzai 3 posted:

thanks for the bump. I never got around to it originally, and then I forgot.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

klafbang posted:

Only some of them have turned out to be scams. And some of them have yet to turn out to be scams. Biggest scam, tether, is among the biggest shitcoins now.

that tether is still going is simultaneously surprising but also not

wasnt it only a thing for pumping up buttcoins "easier trading between shitcoins" since you could keep your "money" in totally-real-dollars-but-crypto

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Plank Walker posted:

now I want Neal Stephenson to write this up as a novel

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Soricidus posted:

read Souls in the Great Machine

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Zamujasa posted:

that tether is still going is simultaneously surprising but also not

wasnt it only a thing for pumping up buttcoins "easier trading between shitcoins" since you could keep your "money" in totally-real-dollars-but-crypto

Yup, and it still is. That's why it is still going strong, because it turns out that pumping bitcoins is the only thing bitcoiners care about. Not even kidding: tether has the fourth-largest "market cap" of all the bitcoins and the number one daily "volume," beating even bitcoin.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

klafbang posted:

tether has the fourth-largest "market cap" of all the bitcoins

:psypop:

quote:

and the number one daily "volume," beating even bitcoin.

:psyboom:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

its amazing what you can do by just printing off as many tokens as you want

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

each tether is backed by one USDcoin

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

TVsVeryOwn posted:

each tether is backed by one USDcoin equivalent

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

klafbang posted:

And may he stay there for a log log time.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
officialcoinbanditsredditor for 1 week 1 point 3 hours ago

Hey everyone, new to Reddit and great to see all of the Bitcoin discussions.

Meet Bandit, your Bitcoin Superhero!

BANDIT'S MISSION

To re-balance and democratize the investment world, Bandit is offering the power of Coin Bandits to the first 500 users for free, forever. Bandit wants everyone to get access.

HOW BANDIT WORKS

Data Science is being used successfully in the investing world and is usually only available to “elite” investment firms and rich investors. Bandit wants everyone to have access to quality Data Science at an accessible price and easy enough for the most novice or everyday investor to benefit from. Bandit is one of us.

BANDIT INVESTS REAL MONEY

Bandit will post on social media and place actual trades. Track Bandit's wallet and decide for yourself.

AVOID PITFALLS

Bandit helps avoid common pitfalls, fear of missing out (FOMO), overcome greed when times are good and reduce fear of getting in when things aren't rosey.

Check out our growing discussion about the basics at https://www.coinbandits.com

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

...! posted:

Coin Bandits

so this is just robomcafee, right? buy coin, tell subscribers, post publicly, suckers buy, price goes up, credibility increases, repeat?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

official coin band: its redditor

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

gschmidl posted:

Looks like Germany and France are essentially noping out of Libra, and now Visa and MasterCard are also getting cold feet.

paypal has severed

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

TVsVeryOwn posted:

each tether is backed by one USDcoin

a tether is worth a dollar, and each tether is backed by itself, therefore they're backed by a dollar equivalent

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

It is funny how much the heat is turning up on Libra. It's basically proof that regulators don't really give a poo poo about Bitcoin as an actual systemic risk. If they did they would respond to it like they did to Libra.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Qwertycoatl posted:

a tether is worth a dollar, and each tether is backed by itself, therefore they're backed by a dollar equivalent

don't be ridiculous. a tether can't back itself.

each tether is backed by a different tether :rolleyes:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
it be backed by t’ether

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

each tether XT is backed by one tether cash which is backed by one tether classic. one tether classic is backed by one tether XT.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'd like to picture tether jumping up in the air matrix style, tethers spread wide...pants just exploding off tether's body, before going in for the ultimate face tether of tether's truly, tether all the way down my throat...violently tethering tether's tether as tether attempts to get enough friction for tether to tether without losing tether's tight grip around my face, tether wrapped around my back, tether tethers hot ropes of tether down my tetherhole like a facehugger alien

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

EorayMel posted:

I'd like to picture tether jumping up in the air matrix style, tethers spread wide...pants just exploding off tether's body, before going in for the ultimate face tether of tether's truly, tether all the way down my throat...violently tethering tether's tether as tether attempts to get enough friction for tether to tether without losing tether's tight grip around my face, tether wrapped around my back, tether tethers hot ropes of tether down my tetherhole like a facehugger alien

where do you find all these things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Boxturret posted:

where do you find all these things?

What are you, some kind of man with guns FIAT regulator?