Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Thank you J-Ru!

I’m curious how this would have worked if we could vote for tag teams as one unit. I know I would have put several in my top 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It is too perfect that Ishii got the most number 1 votes and yet still lost to Okada. Such as it ever will be for 141 Tough and Hard, held down because he is too perfect.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD316l1Bl_E

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Ishii knows to do the job even when it matters most :unsmith:

Fitting for the number 2 man in Chaos to be at little Kazu's side once again.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Alright, so what's the best Ishii match of all time? I've seen a handful but he was the most Number One-inest guy, so what's his best match y'all?

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Ishii vs Shibata from the 2013 G1

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
those banner images rule j-ru. the ibushi one especially.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SLUM KING posted:

Ishii vs Shibata from the 2013 G1
Ishii vs Okada from the 2015 G1
Ishii vs Goto from the 2018 G1
Ishii vs Omega from the 2018 G1
Ishii vs Shingo from the 2019 G1

He’s the G1 machine

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

mary had a little clam posted:

Alright, so what's the best Ishii match of all time? I've seen a handful but he was the most Number One-inest guy, so what's his best match y'all?

Check out his match with Shingo Takagi on 8/8 of this year and with Kenny Omega in last year's G1 on 8/4.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Hell yeah. He wasn't even on my top 20, so i'm excited to learn more about his best work.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

mary had a little clam posted:

Meltzer gave his match with Omega from last year's G1 *****1/2 so that'd be a good start.
There's also vs Okada from the 2016 G1. Shibata vs Ishii from 2013's G1 is great. Match with Moxley from this year's G1 is a blast. Ditto the match with Shingo.

Actually you can't really go wrong with most Ishii G1 matches since 2013. He's so consistent. Outside of the G1, him and Omega had some great matches like at Destruction last year. There's a surprisingly amazing match against Tomoaki Honma from the 2015 New Beginning tour. Match with Kota Ibushi from May 2014, forget the show name

For something a little different I'd recommend his match with tag partner Toru Yano from last year's G1 as well. The gimmick at the time was Yano was going to wrestle "straight", drop his bullshit.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 3, 2019

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Bryan managed to get number 3 despite a decade of WWEs best efforts. Truly he is the real GOAT.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Seams posted:

look how low matt riddle is. i wonder how much higher he'd be if he was still in the indies.

Oh God I only just got this :lol:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

Ishii vs Okada from the 2015 G1
Ishii vs Goto from the 2018 G1
Ishii vs Omega from the 2018 G1
Ishii vs Shingo from the 2019 G1

He’s the G1 machine

Ishii vs Tanahashi 2013 G1

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Dimebags Brain posted:

Bryan managed to get number 3 despite a decade of WWEs best efforts. Truly he is the real GOAT.

This really is the most impressive achievement on this list in many ways.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Punch McLightning posted:

you're awesome J-Ru, thank you

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Jerusalem posted:

Oh God I only just got this :lol:

completely unintentional on my part!

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I said this was a great thread idea when I first posted, and I stand by that. J-ru, you just mathematically solved the art of getting over. Now we just wait for the moment someone takes advantage of all this free data.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So all I have to do is get in a fight with Tomohiro Ishii, eh? Huh, he's short so this'll be a piece of ca-
The family of the deceased requests you send donations to charity and please for the love of God do not look in the casket at the service

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
This thread was neat, thanks for doing it J-Ru.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ishii vs Taichi G1 2019
Ishii vs Taichi Dominion 2019
Ishii vs Taichi New Japan Cup 2019

Ishii motivates Taichi like no-one else does and it's glorious

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

SG Bamboo posted:

Ishii vs Taichi G1 2019

"Everyone says he motivates Taichi, so I wonder how/when that'll come out in this match."

>Bell ring<
"AXE-BOMBA!"

:stare:
...all... all right.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

SG Bamboo posted:

Ishii vs Taichi G1 2019

I like to think it's legitimately a case of Taichi refusing to be known as "Ishii's worst match," then suddenly realizing he liked having good matches and kept doing it with everyone else.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'm holding out hope that Kawada will second Taichi for a future Ishii match because Taichi will have finally made his perfect father proud

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
drat. Thread ends like, two days before at least eight guys on my list are displaced.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Now figure out who has the stastical best opinions in Rowdy Ringsports

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

beautiful top 20, thank you forever J-Ru. Idk why I was surprised that Okada was number one hahaha. For some reason I almost expected Jericho or Omega to top out. But Okada is the right choice and holy gently caress I didn't know he was only 31.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Helicity posted:

Now figure out who has the stastical best opinions in Rowdy Ringsports

I do.

source: Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer Newsletter

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Ishii vs Tanahashi 2013 G1

This is actually my all time favorite match, please go seek it out if you haven’t seen it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sticky Nate posted:

I do.

source: Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Does someone need reminding of their G1 prediction score?

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Cavauro posted:

hell yeah. i'm excited about numbers. someone do a simulation tournament of the top 16 or 32 or 64. and a royal rumble. don't forget

I may be trying to do something like this

does this look like the right bracket?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

beat him darby

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm horny to it

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Minoru Suzuki-Maki Itoh would be a very fun match actually

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

IceAgeComing posted:

Minoru Suzuki-Maki Itoh would be a very fun match actually

It would own super hard

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I have decided that to build it up they'd do an eight-person tag match with Suzuki teaming with the Up Up Girls against Itoh, Chris Brookes and two other people I don't know yet since this is a work in progress

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Chris Hero being a complete afterthought was predictable, but doesn't make it any less sad. This forum was going nuts over him just a couple years ago, and then he went back to the fed and may as well have loving vanished.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Him being happy bumming around sports halls and festival tents in the UK is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Benne posted:

then he went back to the fed and may as well have loving vanished.
Given how much he was (is?) on TV, he pretty much did.