Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
Beverly in LA was pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Hannibal Smith posted:

I'll always plug the unofficial RSS feeds: https://stitcher-rss.128.io/

That will let you access the premium shows in any podcast app, and will let you download and do whatever you want with them. I've been a premium subscriber for a couple of years and I can't even remember the last time I opened the app.

I use this with gPodder to download all episodes of podcasts locally so I can always access them.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Snowmankilla posted:

What are some cool limited series that have popped up?

As someone mentioned....My Wife The Robot Car was fun. Stolen Idea.....also Besser's was good. If you never listened to Strictly Business from Drew Tarver....you should definitely get around to that one.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I'm always thinking about making jokes Iike We're/I/They are normal now! But you can't make niche podcast jokes in real like you just can't.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
e wrong thread

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I'm always thinking about making jokes Iike We're/I/They are normal now! But you can't make niche podcast jokes in real like you just can't.

I catch myself saying "We loooove your family"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

the first episode of this new Scam Goddess podcast with PFT was pretty fun, check it out??

I also enjoyed The Dream on Stitcher Premium last year if you want more scam related content (but that's more of a documentary thing)

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
andy daly's got a new podcast along with sean conroy called cabinet of curiosities. andy is a weirdo declasse aristocrat and conroy is his manservant. different guests offer objects and the stories behind them for his cabinet of curiosities in front of a live audience. it's AWFUL.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, it really needed the guests to be playing characters with fake objects. I wouldn't say capital-A awful, but it's certainly not good.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

That's both too bad (because Andy Daly's great, so it's a shame he's doing less than stellar work) and a bit of a relief (because there are already too many podcasts to listen to).

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
.... --LY great! The latest ep was especially good, and Jen Kirkman was amazing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I think the premise is a bit thin and maybe not well explained to the guests, and the people he's had on haven't been great storytellers. I think maybe spending more time with the guest in general conversation and dedicating less time to the item would do some good, or maybe less frequent episodes with more guests per each and make it more like an Antiques Roadshow parody. There has to be something driving it more than the "interesting" story behind the curious items.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

the Insane Piano posted:

.... --LY great! The latest ep was especially good, and Jen Kirkman was amazing.

What was her object, polling results that drive a person insane?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I love Andy Daly but I loving hate Sean Conroy

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I like him on I4H, but he's got a real Matt Belknap quality on Cabinet and I mean that in the worst possible way.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't want to start any drama or anything, and because i don't listen to enough Ear Wolf stuff, but who is Matt Besser and why is he passive aggressively sending Dan McCoy a copy of the card game Butthurt after Dan offhandedly commented after some LA Comedy circle jerk article came out talking about How Did This Get Made that The Flop House predated it.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

twistedmentat posted:

I don't want to start any drama or anything, and because i don't listen to enough Ear Wolf stuff, but who is Matt Besser and why is he passive aggressively sending Dan McCoy a copy of the card game Butthurt after Dan offhandedly commented after some LA Comedy circle jerk article came out talking about How Did This Get Made that The Flop House predated it.

thanks for linking to that article, or the original article, or anything useful

you're old enough to register in 2003, posted in the Earwolf thread, and still don't know what UCB is?

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

twistedmentat posted:

Source your quotes

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Matt Besser is famously amicable, I don't credit this story for one moment.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

he played one of dewey coxs bandmates in walk hard

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

twistedmentat posted:

Founding member of UCB, big improv instructor, has a long running improv podcast (I think one of the originals) on Earwolf -- he's also a big baby and him reacting badly to things would not surprise me.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

twistedmentat posted:

Besser, of all the LA comedy scene things to defend, HDTGM ain't it

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
"I'm Your Host with Jacquis Neal" on the Earwolf Presents feed is amazing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Analytic Engine posted:

thanks for linking to that article, or the original article, or anything useful

you're old enough to register in 2003, posted in the Earwolf thread, and still don't know what UCB is?

The only thing i know about UCB is Amy Pohler came from it. I have never seen anything from it, but I'm in Canada and there's a good chance it was never on TV or never had a DVD release here or at least popular enough to be somewhere that i'd encounter it.

And it was a Facebook post by Dan McCoy, so I can't link it.

scary ghost dog posted:

he played one of dewey coxs bandmates in walk hard

It pisses me off SO MUCH I cannot find that movie anywhere. I missed it and all I hear that it is amazing.

piratepilates posted:

Founding member of UCB, big improv instructor, has a long running improv podcast (I think one of the originals) on Earwolf -- he's also a big baby and him reacting badly to things would not surprise me.

Ah okay, that's who he is. Like I'm not a big Improv nerd, or even a serious comedy one, so I don't know the ins and outs of the personalities. Nathan Rabin mentioned something about him being kind of a turd from when he was at AV Club.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

It pisses me off SO MUCH I cannot find that movie anywhere. I missed it and all I hear that it is amazing.

Where are you at?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Where are you at?

Action Boyz STARZ plant spotted

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
You'll love it twistedmeat, it's the best movie the Apatow crew made. I like Stepbrothers but Walk Hard takes everything to a new level

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Teenage Fansub posted:

Where are you at?

As I said, Canada. We are so hosed with streaming options or rental. Oh it is available to rent on youtube. Next day off I am going to watch it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Walk Hard, like Hot Rod or similar ilk, are better of just looking at YouTube clips than sitting through the whole movie.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

GoutPatrol posted:

Walk Hard, like Hot Rod or similar ilk, are better of just looking at YouTube clips than sitting through the whole movie.

Hush.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I always meant to give Walk Hard another go, as I absolutely hated it. I don’t usually turn movies off after 20 minutes or so but I couldn’t deal any longer. Was massively looking forward to it due to who was involved but from word go it just didn’t work for me at all. Always hoped it was just one of those nights where things didn’t click for some reason.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I always meant to give Walk Hard another go, as I absolutely hated it. I don’t usually turn movies off after 20 minutes or so but I couldn’t deal any longer. Was massively looking forward to it due to who was involved but from word go it just didn’t work for me at all. Always hoped it was just one of those nights where things didn’t click for some reason.

Id definitely give it another shot. I think you would have stopped before it stopped being a straight up Johnny Cash parody and then started parodying a ton of musicians, which is when it really got good for me.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
you don't want none of this poo poo

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Analytic Engine posted:

You'll love it twistedmeat, it's the best movie the Apatow crew made. I like Stepbrothers but Walk Hard takes everything to a new level

It’s basically if Abrams, Zucker & Zucker made the best music biopic. It’s great on a lot of levels.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Dewey, I’m cut in half pretty bad.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he’s not green. He’s red.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I recently re-watched it for the first time since I saw it in theaters, it was better than I remembered. Really loving funny.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Aw yeah, not only did Superego Season 5 start, but they announced Season 6 and a release date.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Tavarin posted:

Aw yeah, not only did Superego Season 5 start, but they announced Season 6 and a release date.

When's the date? I can't find anything about S6.

I was so excited for a new season until I realized it was just coming out from behind the paywall and I'd heard it a year ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

JethroMcB posted:

When's the date? I can't find anything about S6.

I was so excited for a new season until I realized it was just coming out from behind the paywall and I'd heard it a year ago

On stitcher premium on January I believe.