Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Thanks, I had banished that godawful cgi putin to the darkest recesses of my mind.

A shameful snipe, have a good lookalike of a better Vladimir:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Chris Morris extremely good. Find the 15 minute interview, watch all of it, destroy the PREVENT program and implement full communism.

Please.

Or I will.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Pesky Splinter posted:

IIRC Reel Politik did a short episode on some :airquote: comedy :airquote: show that, where the premise was a badly CGI Putin interviewed people and made jokes about how he's a repressed gay, or something.

It was so dire they pulled the plug after barely 2 episodes.

In regards to the failings of current tv satire, Chris Morris has a pretty good take from this recent interview:
https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1179419540939268097

That show had legit "Black people, am I right?" level takes about Megan Markle, basically saying she was bringing down the tone.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Today’s Mash Report was really good, no Geoff Norcott either!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

the gently caress, being aware that there was no drone at Gatwick isn't "trutherism" it's merely truth, and it's not at all related to regressive rock!

Closing the departure gate early is a sin tho yeah

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49936218

EU: We need fundamental changes
UK: We're willing to clarify our proposal

I'd :lol: but for the fact that this is successfully spun as the EU being intransigent and wishing to punish Briaitnae instead of our government having a laughably unworkable and utterly bonkers 'plan' to institute something that can never achieve what was promised anyway.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

thespaceinvader posted:

Honestly it sounds like you're well clear, she sounds like a goddamn nightmare to work with long term.

Like, if your concern watching The Bodyguard is that we're teaching The Children bad morals because they might learn to gently caress consensually...

I justcannot fathom how deeply you're missing the entire point of that show.

He should still gently caress with them as much as possible

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lord Ludikrous posted:

So I have been sacked from the new job I started. In the middle of an afternoon training session with another manager my line manager comes in and explains that due to some “comments I’ve made” some “concerns had been raised” and “they felt I wasn’t the same person that I came across as in my interview” and that “I wasn’t going to be a good fit”. Leaving them with no choice but to let me go.

I’m frankly at a loss as to what these comments were, as I’m very careful about what I say to whom in a new job for obvious reasons. From my perspective everything was going extremely well and I was getting on with everyone and picking things up nicely. She refused to elaborate when I asked what these comments were, saying only that “I was on probation, the decision has been made and they have no wish to discuss it further.”

I cant help but think the other woman in the part of the office I was in simply didn’t like me and badmouthed me to our manager.

I’ve been in touch with my old boss and can probably get my old job back, but still, what a loving waste of everyone’s time.

You have a right to know why you have been terminated, even if you are on probation. Refusal to tell you what comments in particular seems incredibly dodgy that it is the real reason and would be worth a formal request to your line managers manager.

Note, they are perfectly within their rights to get rid of you during your probation simply for not liking you as a person, so its up to you if you want to go through that. However if you truly believe you were fitting in and you didn't say anything 'jokey' that could be misread, you'd be doing the next person a disservice for letting a clique get away enforcing their will on the workplace.

Edit: Just saw your second post about this. Definitely do this now. Your recruitment agency will have been paid a fee for your placement, which the company will now most likely refuse to pay because of your early termination on grounds that they didn't do their job correctly. This will not make said recruitment agency very happy with you for obvious reasons and will mean you are unlikely to get interviews from them ever again. I would speak to the recruitment agent about what happened because they will also pressure the company for the real reason. Its in their interest to get paid after all.

Also people like this woman are the reason I barely say anything outside of my opinions on the weather for the first 2 weeks or so. You never know what batshit opinions people in authority have.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 5, 2019

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

It's a good thing I was never able to enter the workplace, because I'm congenitally unable to keep my mouth shut on stuff like that. I got in loads of trouble at school for being gobby at teachers, I was totally ready to argue with my professors on any point I disliked in uni, and I would absolutely have mouthed off at bosses and colleagues for stupid opinions (or, god forbid, stupid policies from On High).

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
LL I hope you stole everything of value before leaving

Good friend of mine gave his business a great start when he and everyone else at his factory got hosed over and made redundant- the entire staff cleaned that place out within hours with the explicit help of the in house security staff (who also got sacked at the same time) right down to pulling copper wiring out of the walls

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

DesperateDan posted:

LL I hope you stole everything of value before leaving

Good friend of mine gave his business a great start when he and everyone else at his factory got hosed over and made redundant- the entire staff cleaned that place out within hours with the explicit help of the in house security staff (who also got sacked at the same time) right down to pulling copper wiring out of the walls

I’d have thought a business firing everyone on the same day would at least hire an outside security firm for the Big Day. I guess they just didn’t give a gently caress?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Trust me when I say you're much better off if you see the words (everything about it) and don't have a particular post instantly produced by your terminally internet-poisoned brain.
Wait, so it's not a Fetlife reference?

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

Pochoclo posted:

I’d have thought a business firing everyone on the same day would at least hire an outside security firm for the Big Day. I guess they just didn’t give a gently caress?

If the company went bust then they wouldn't have any money to hire anyone.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Pochoclo posted:

No management above my mates supervisor had ever shown up when he worked there, and with the general lack of work sent to them they used to joke that head office (large us firm that deals with banking equipment) had forgotten them entirely

He had only thought about taking a few bits till someone pointed out the cctv systems had already gone in the back of a van

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Assuming there were more than 20 people fired, then legally they had to give everyone 30 days notice. If they didn't, then stripping the building sounds like just collecting the pay you're entitled to.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

This reminds me of the (satirical) Women Against Feminism twitter account, whose tweets all start with variations of "I don't need fimsem..."

Maybe there should be a Global Bratniay account?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
They love carrying water for the tories

https://twitter.com/benm_d/status/1180381351301844992?s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Briatnae Sperrs was a very popular pop act on the belfast live music scene in the 90's.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/wesstreeting/status/1180036839849234432?s=19
https://twitter.com/wesstreeting/status/1180038247814238208?s=19

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider
It is not good that the Tory party is collapsing, says Labour MP.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lord Ludikrous posted:

[snip 5000 words on lovely manager]

Should’ve asked her opinion on transgender people, bet that would’ve been a hoot.

You should have. It would have been fun to watch her dance after you mentioned to your agency that you'd expressed pro-trans sentiment on the day you were fired.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

namesake posted:

Chris Morris extremely good. Find the 15 minute interview, watch all of it, destroy the PREVENT program and implement full communism.

Please.

Or I will.

yeah this is way better than the clip they shared saying "hasn't trump owned you by being so wild??" a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liV5wKAihh8

Jon Snow though, wowsers. How could this have happened to minorities in america's celebrated and fair justice system??

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Glasgow meetup folks, I'm aiming to be at the counting house at noon sharp, bus allowing.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1180419752503762944

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Millenials definitely love their skateboarding.

I heard they're getting into pogs too.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
"gritty" is a word often used to describe comical animal puppets this is my normal opinion

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Maybe the true divide between millennials, xennials, gen x, and gen z is "pogs were a thing at primary school" "pogs were a thing at high school/college", "pogs, pff" and "poggers!"

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Ealing off licence game is strong

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

RabidWeasel posted:

"gritty" is a word often used to describe comical animal puppets this is my normal opinion

well, I mean, yeah...

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

weird move to replace the dog that goes "ah uh um ahhh um uhhhhh" when elon musk is so popular

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:gritin:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

But no-one would ever use the word gritty to describe Gritty, because Gritty is most definitely not gritty

https://twitter.com/grittynhl/status/1063126626735738881

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/kadhimshubber/status/1180126154017120257?s=19

Johnson to become normal after doing the mad thing.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Gonzo McFee posted:

Johnson to become normal after doing the mad thing.

doesn't seem wrong, just getting "back to normal" would help his image, and being able to promise all the unicorns again while shaking the magic money tree will definitely win a lot of people over. so long as the election is quick, before all the bad stuff starts happening

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Maybe the true divide between millennials, xennials, gen x, and gen z is "pogs were a thing at primary school" "pogs were a thing at high school/college", "pogs, pff" and "poggers!"

What's a pog

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

feedmegin posted:

What's a pog

Gen Z has PAWGs now

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

feedmegin posted:

What's a pog

Well, it's not quite a pig, and it's not quite Jacob Rees-Mogg, but maaan... (laughing)

so, to answer your question, I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

mehall posted:

Glasgow meetup folks, I'm aiming to be at the counting house at noon sharp, bus allowing.

I will not be because I missed my train like a loving oaf.

Be there closer to half past now