Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

I can easily see large corporations exploiting this for all it's worth by turning all of these struggling places into glorified company towns. Simply pick a rural area with no federal support and promise to pick up the slack when it comes to roads, sewer, schools, etc., in exchange for everyone swearing fealty to the lovely multinational sweatshop forever.

Good? Let them personally experience it. Their self inflicted suffering is preferable to holding the rest of the country hostage to their pettiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Data Graham posted:

It'll be fun to hear how the Utah Mormons square all that up

'we don't care as long as he hates the gays like us'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Midgetskydiver posted:

Good? Let them personally experience it. Their self inflicted suffering is preferable to holding the rest of the country hostage to their pettiness.

yes, it's good that companies can brutalize and destroy entire towns because I don't understand elections.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

yes, it's good that companies can brutalize and destroy entire towns because I don't understand elections.

Perhaps they could learn and some meaningful legislation could be passed.

I'm joking, obviously. There's still brown people out there.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
so is this the track now that you guys can't be all 'lol let the south secede again' after people explained there were black people there

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'company towns are good, and you deserve them' ~ someone who probably genuinely thinks they're a leftist

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

bird cooch posted:

Perhaps they could learn and some meaningful legislation could be passed.

I'm joking, obviously. There's still brown people out there.

please. as the 2008 recovery plan taught us, there is no limit to the number of minorities you'll see crushed in the name of making sure Cletus has learned his lesson. 80% of black wealth got wiped out to make Timothy Geithner's gambling debts whole, but on the other hand you did get to give it to those fuckers in Youngstown.

isn't it fun, knowing that presented a button to do that again, both you and them would hammer it with equal glee.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

nachos posted:

Republican senators are concerned at this development

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON DECORUM! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'so yea I can't really unionize or fight for better conditions functionally anywhere in town because there's like two insanely rich families that run everything like some fuckin feudal duchy operating above the law in near every sense of the word'

'lol owned your district went +2 Republican last election so I'm glad for this, bitch'

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

so is this the track now that you guys can't be all 'lol let the south secede again' after people explained there were black people there

I think most people haven't even moved that far off their bad opinions yet lol

as always, the solution to our problems would be trying again and doing reconstruction right, not writing off the whole portion of the country consigned to more than a century of white supremacist rule because it was politically expedient for the powerful

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

sexpig by night posted:

'we don't care as long as he hates the gays like us'

Speaking of, is the Q line on all this still "Trump baited the Democrats into impeaching him, they're falling right into his trap"?

I've had to break it to a (gay, Mormon) friend that the 7-D Chess line his (Mormon) parents keep feeding him is very likely coming from Qanon. He's like "What's Qanon?" and I'm all oh you sweet summer child

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Data Graham posted:

Speaking of, is the Q line on all this still "Trump baited the Democrats into impeaching him, they're falling right into his trap"?

I've had to break it to a (gay, Mormon) friend that the 7-D Chess line his (Mormon) parents keep feeding him is very likely coming from Qanon. He's like "What's Qanon?" and I'm all oh you sweet summer child

I thought Q wasn't posting after 8-chan was taken down?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Like that's stopping the movement from continuing to spin the narrative. #Wwuggawogaa

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Data Graham posted:

Like that's stopping the movement from continuing to spin the narrative. #Wwuggawogaa

no, but it's been about 2 months since Q last posted and while there's still the movement, they're a rudderless deplatformed blob that is being pulled apart by whatever grift is now appealing to them

the best example being that there's a ton that now believe a Santa Claus twitter account is secretly Q

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Q bet a lot of the movement on 8chan not going down, one of his Q drops said that told his followers not to trust anything from him that didn't appear on 8chan, so even if he did appear on another site, there's already a schism of his followers

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 5, 2019

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

sexpig by night posted:

They're classic middle class liberals. They won't personally be racist but no they don't give a poo poo about those black people.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

My favorite Q related nonsense is always going to be the dumb ‘JFK Jr faked his death to go undercover but he’s also this random dude that shows up at Trump rallies and looks nothing like him’

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1180516766205841409?s=20

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

King of Foolians posted:

Is he back on this again? I thought the new strategy for Trump was “So what if I asked foreign governments for dirt on my political rivals? It was to investigate corruption and as long as I say the word “CORRUPTION” I can do whatever I want”.
And then the republicans were starting to get in line with “His behavior is bad and troubling, but not impeachable”.
But now he’s going back to insisting that his perfect phone call has been misrepresented despite the fact that when the call transcript and whistleblower report were released, a full day-and-a-half news cycle was ALL about how the report and transcript matched pretty much exactly.

I think it’s because he can’t allow himself to be painted in any kind of bad light, he has to be the perfect good person his ego/dying brain paint him as. So even if it means saving him by painting him as doing a bad thing. He can’t loving take it, everyone else has to be bad. Not him.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

sexpig by night posted:

'company towns are good, and you deserve them' ~ someone who probably genuinely thinks they're a leftist

To be fair, it's 'company towns are bad, and you deserve them'.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Uhh, I am pretty sure when Trump says "corruption" he means "Biden", not "Naftogaz".

Though, looks like Perry wasn't doing much actual anti-corruption, either:

quote:

Among other changes, Perry pushed for Ukraine’s state-owned natural gas company Naftogaz to expand its board to include Americans, two people familiar with the matter said. Two long-time energy executives based in Perry’s home state of Texas were among those under consideration for that role, one source familiar with the administration’s dealings with the company said.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/LiveAction/status/1180521023265001474

Sorry for this tweet source, could not find another with the quote.

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 5, 2019

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

those Volker/Sondland texts mention fixing "personnel issues" as something that the US was pushing for along with the "corruption" investigation

quote:

[7/19/19, 7:01:22 PM] Kurt Volker: Good. Had breakfast with Rudy this morning-teeing up call w Yermak Monday. Must have helped. Most impt is for Zelensky to say that he will help investigation—and address any specific personnel issues—if there are any

I bet we just learned what that personnel problem was: not enough rich republican donors on the board of their state-owned natural gas company

eke out fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 5, 2019

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LiveAction/status/1180521023265001474

Sorry for this tweet source, could not find another with the quote.

The entire Republican Party went to the mat to make sure Brett Kavanaugh got on the SCOTUS, even if it came out that he filmed himself murdering homeless people for sport and kept various body parts in his home office as keepsakes, because he was purpose-built to obliterate Roe v. Wade. And that time is fast approaching.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

You’re in a land war with Russia and the United States is shaking you down for your energy contracts before offering aid.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

nine-gear crow posted:

The entire Republican Party went to the mat to make sure Brett Kavanaugh got on the SCOTUS, even if it came out that he filmed himself murdering homeless people for sport and kept various body parts in his home office as keepsakes, because he was purpose-built to obliterate Roe v. Wade. And that time is fast approaching.

I wonder to what extent the GOP actually understands the extent to which the reversal of Roe is going to be a “oops I caught the car” moment for them. I’m not sure they do at all.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ogmius815 posted:

I wonder to what extent the GOP actually understands the extent to which the reversal of Roe is going to be a “oops I caught the car” moment for them. I’m not sure they do at all.
That may be the only thing that will get Succ Dems onboard for the necessary court packing

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Ogmius815 posted:

They don’t, but I think Roberts and possibly Kavanaugh might. My money’s on Roe staying good law, but virtually every restriction being upheld like in this Louisiana case

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

That may be the only thing that will get Succ Dems onboard for the necessary court packing

The Dems have to win the Senate first to do that

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

evilweasel posted:

Keeping other gop senators afraid of following Romney’s example is the one vaguely intelligent thing he’s done.

In much the same way as a cockroach brain being hardwired to scurry in bright light is "smart". He doesn't have any control over it but over his lifetime it has tended to get him to a safer spot so here we are.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ogmius815 posted:

They don’t care about the future. They only want to harm and kill women, and that’s the outcome they’ll get. Because rich women will still be able to get abortions, the democratic party won’t try to reverse it beyond perhaps some token measures (tax credits for birth control pills).

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

OddObserver posted:

Uhh, I am pretty sure when Trump says "corruption" he means "Biden", not "Naftogaz".

Though, looks like Perry wasn't doing much actual anti-corruption, either:

So basically they did exactly what they accused Biden of doing.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

goethe.cx posted:

They don’t, but I think Roberts and possibly Kavanaugh might. My money’s on Roe staying good law, but virtually every restriction being upheld like in this Louisiana case

That's probably the best case example. Which means I need to get the hell out of this state because I'm not raising kids here with that kind of evangelical garbage empowered to continue.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

They kinda had their shot in 2016 when everyone was screaming “if Trump wins he gets two, probably three SCOTUS picks and then everything you love about the 21st century goes bye bye, please loving vote this time!” And they all just kinda looked at each other and went “[distended fart noise]” and then gasped in horror when it turned out that staying home or voting for Jill Stein got them two new Heritage Foundation white guys who hate abortion on the court. gently caress man, how did that happen :iiam:

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

So White Vocal Band

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nine-gear crow posted:

They kinda had their shot in 2016 when everyone was screaming “if Trump wins he gets two, probably three SCOTUS picks and then everything you love about the 21st century goes bye bye, please loving vote this time!” And they all just kinda looked at each other and went “[distended fart noise]” and then gasped in horror when it turned out that staying home or voting for Jill Stein got them two new Heritage Foundation white guys who hate abortion on the court. gently caress man, how did that happen :iiam:

Perhaps the Dems should have run a candidate that could have beaten a senile racist

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ogmius815 posted:

They will be obliterated in the polls and support. Same as destroying Healthcare

They don't care because they have 35% and they are a death cult

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Throwing Turtles posted:

So White Vocal Band

Too White Crew

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

TulliusCicero posted:

They will be obliterated in the polls and support. Same as destroying Healthcare

They don't care because they have 35% and they are a death cult

It’s fairly clear that their dumb healthcare bill cost them the House, which so far has cost them their entire 2018-2020 legislative agenda and an impeachment inquiry. What will loving up abortion access cost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ogmius815 posted:

It’s fairly clear that their dumb healthcare bill cost them the House, which so far has cost them their entire 2018-2020 legislative agenda and an impeachment inquiry. What will loving up abortion access cost?

probably 2020, it sounds like the GOP is also running on killing obamacare again too lol.