Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think the Bucs might beat the Saints before returning to form for the rest of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

kiimo posted:

If Dee Ford hadn't lined up offsides Brady loses the AFCCG to the Chiefs last year and puts up three interceptions and a 63.2 passer rating.

The pats were also two blown coverages/uncalled pick plays away from winning the game by three scores

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
gently caress Burfict

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1180491817248276481?s=21

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Burfict plays solely to hurt people, the games are incidental

See the Bengals playoff experience if you doubt this theory

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Whats the nfl's statute of limitations on a hit to the head anyways

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

Burfict plays solely to hurt people, the games are incidental

See the Bengals playoff experience if you doubt this theory

https://sports.theonion.com/vontaze...tm_campaign=top

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Raku posted:

The pats were also two blown coverages/uncalled pick plays away from winning the game by three scores

Football is funny that way. All it takes is a play here, a play there. Like how if the Patriots weren't inveterate cheaters Baltimore would be 4-0 in the playoffs in Foxborough instead of a just 2-2.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1180573352618057728

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i wish there was football on saturdays, but alas

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Zyla posted:

There’s a semi-pro league, but it’s probably going to shut down now that they have to pay their players.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Not the coach's fault.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Vengarr posted:

There’s a semi-pro league, but it’s probably going to shut down now that they have to pay their players.

they don't though

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a neat cape posted:

they don't though

like the entire point of the bill is to let players get payed for advertisements and likeness rights so the schools themselves don't have to pay them

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Alaois posted:

like the entire point of the bill is to let players get payed for advertisements and likeness rights so the schools themselves don't have to pay them

It’s still early in the process, but I think that’s not how it’s going to work in practice. The compensation the players receive will largely be payments to attend rather than actual sponsorships and advertising. Certainly a few players will get some outsize deals, but the majority of payments will be inducements to play at a specific school. Maybe it won’t come directly from the colleges, but boosters or other hangers-on; regardless, it’ll be pay-for-play.

College sports are corrupt as hell and injecting more money into them is not going to fix the systemic problems. At least it will be more equitable.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

https://twitter.com/SensDiehardz/status/1180515888379895808

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Zyla posted:

Ironically, in Canada we don't do Sunday games...probably because how inferior or league is.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Ottawa has a hell of a massage place

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/TheRealZSmith/status/1180461747444031488?s=19

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Keep throwing, Drew.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1180620471378874374?s=20

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
did anything ever come of that report that Washington was basically trafficking their cheerleaders

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

indigi posted:

did anything ever come of that report that Washington was basically trafficking their cheerleaders

No repercussions. Just some bad pr in an organization that relishes it

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

indigi posted:

im sure its happening with every team that has cheerleaders :smith:

its probably one of those, if the organizations do anything about it they'll be exposed for their own hosed up crimes

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

God drat this world

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

10 early games tomorrow. 2 late games.

gently caress the nfl.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ketchup vs catsup posted:

10 early games tomorrow. 2 late games.

gently caress the nfl.

They do that to try to create marquee matchups or something and it's always like the Cowboys playing the Giants in the afternoon and it has sucked for sooooooo long.

I typed that before I looked at the schedule and of course the Cowboys are one of those games tomorrow. I mean that's actually a half decent matchup with the Packers but there are years and years full of weeks where that wasn't the case.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm glad everyone will be watching packers/cowboys so no one will watch the football atrocity that's going to happen in LA

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, Jonathan Martin avoided jail time for that instagram post where he threatened to kill a bunch of people including Richie Incognito partially because Incognito went to bat for him.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Welp. Throw money at the Eagles -13.5.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1180841274401800192?s=21

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Adam Gase is a bad coach.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

I already said the Jets may tank worse than the Dolphins, while trying to actually win

I think Gase is proving me right here

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Raku posted:

I already said the Jets may tank worse than the Dolphins, while trying to actually win

I’m not even sure they’re trying to win while Darnold is out

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, Jonathan Martin avoided jail time for that instagram post where he threatened to kill a bunch of people including Richie Incognito partially because Incognito went to bat for him.

Richie Incognito is a land of contrasts

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/naturallight/status/1180841387434168321

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

I'm glad everyone will be watching packers/cowboys so no one will watch the football atrocity that's going to happen in LA

Shut the gently caress up, Chicken Little.

Who says it was a girl?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Raku posted:

So the browns?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It owns that Cincinnati, Washington, and the Jets all play Miami this year. Really ups the chances that the Dolphins botch their tank and only get like the third pick after intentionally “building” one of the worst rosters in history.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami gives up entirely after the first half and they’re already bad, so it’s kinda in the bag.

First half is used as a long term scouting for next year while second half is uhhh a shitshow

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

quote:

Responding to the news that the NFL had pored over last week’s Raiders-Colts game and found another illegal hit in addition to the one that got Burfict suspended, (Lamont) Smith said the NFL is treating Burfict differently from other players.

“Hmmmm . . . I wonder how many other players they’ve done that for in the last two or three years,” Smith told NFL.com.

Smith says Burfict should not be suspended longer than the five-game suspension Albert Haynesworth received for stepping on an opposing player’s head.

“It’s different when someone is trying to make a football play, not a deliberate act where someone is trying to hurt an opponent,” Smith said. “Haynesworth was trying to hurt someone and he got five games.”

exactly the argument i thought burfict's agent would use.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Amy Pole Her posted:

Miami gives up entirely after the first half and they’re already bad, so it’s kinda in the bag.

First half is used as a long term scouting for next year while second half is uhhh a shitshow

Just how bad is it to watch a Dolphin's game?

Do you need to have a fifth of Jack Daniels and razor blades next to you while watching?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

fsif posted:

Adam Gase is a bad coach.

:stare: