Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I almost feel like Rick Perry got scared when he was briefed on the nuke poo poo the DOE does, and just decided to hide until just now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

sexpig by night posted:

it's really insane he's trying to shift this all to Rick, Rick's actually liked in Texas and has always been seen as a buffoon and general right wing freak but never some super corrupt guy. My right wing Texan mom literally is all caps texting me about how insane this is.

Also it doesn't even...help...Rick 'making' him make the call (lol) doesn't even account for why he...shook down Ukraine...

Rick is gonna testify but trump found out and wanted to repeat Nixon vs dean but dumber.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

DC Murderverse posted:

this is an incredibly long twitter thread of someone reading through a biography of LIW's life but it's fascinating and deals with a lot of the stuff in that post

https://twitter.com/AnaMardoll/status/934583893709197312

yeah that's it

in a less obnoxious to read format: http://www.anamardoll.com/2017/11/prairie-fires-chapters-1-5.html

well, the first bit, there are other chapters in other posts

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Prester Jane posted:

Edit: did I mention that Rose Wilder was a pedophile? Cuz it really needs to be emphasized that Rose Wilder was a pedophile who groomed a number of victims and kept trying to get her (favorite) victims elected into political office once they came of age.

Citation for this? Because I can't find anyone else claiming this, but you keep repeating it.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Someone else upthread (sorry can't remember exactly who) said that Rose Wilder was very close to Ayn Rand so she was probably trying to get Libertarian women elected. I know nothing about the pedophile claims though.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I love it when they bitch about others violating civil rights. THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN DOING FOR 3 YEARS NOW

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Apparently the DPD is refusing to confirm the identity, but yeah looks like the key witness who testified that Guyger didn't shout any of the normal commands you'd expect to hear from a cop dealing with a suspect was indeed murdered.

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1180616791837405184?s=20

This is tragic and all. But honestly I'm not surprised. The second he said anything he had a bullseye painted on his chest by cops and chuds alike

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 6, 2019

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Kale posted:

I'm just so tired of the whiniest administration in the history of Western Civilization. The one satirical reaction to Trump's joint press conference whine-fest referring to him sarcastically as the "most put upon person" kind of nailed how I see him at the end of the day. The big three Donald, Rudy and Lindsey.....just so loving soft man. We've been listening to this guy just constantly air his grievances and whine about every person that dares criticize him every single day for nearly three years now. I never would have predicted he would be more bearable as a candidate in the long run.

So the question I will be pondering come 2020 is "How about it America, do you really want a whiny sadsack miserable gently caress as President for another 4 years?"

I'm trying to find that clip of Jon Stewart just before the election talking about how Trump abides no slights ever and can't ever ever let go of a grudge, and that if he'd be elected it would be a nonstop shitshow where nothing would ever get done. I can't find it though

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well Trevor Noah was hosting by then wasn't he?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
It’s Time For Everyone To Join The Impeachment Fight
crooked.com/Oct.4.19

California just legalized public banking, setting the stage for more affordable housing
theguardian.com/4 Oct 2019
'"The California governor, Gavin Newsom, on Wednesday signed the Public Banking Act, or AB 857, which will allow city and county governments to create, or sponsor, public banks. Those banks will in turn provide public agencies access to loans at interest rates much lower than they could find at private banks.
The Democratic congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tweeted her support on Wednesday after Newsom signed the bill, writing: “Public banking is next level!”'

Trump's impeachment polling is historically unprecedented
cnn.com/October 4, 2019
"More amazingly, more Americans are in favor of impeaching Trump now than they were at a similar time during the House's investigation of Nixon in 1973 and 1974."
Maybe, of course. Throw it at your FB (or whatever) uncle anyway.

Staff at Florida bar pulls $14,000 off walls to donate to Hurricane Dorian relief
abcnews.go.com/Oct 2, 2019
"Siesta Key Oyster Bar in Sarasota, Florida, has made it a novelty for patrons to write messages on dollar bills and secure them to its ceiling and walls. Now, the establishment is donating thousands to Hurricane Dorian relief."

Climate strike with activist Greta Thunberg draws thousands in Iowa City
siouxcityjournal.com/18 hrs ago

Ralph Nader: Why Isn't the 99% Revolting?
truthdig.com/Oct 04, 2019
Crap headline, it's his 19 leftist theses, none of which contain the word "revolt" (can't copy a quote for internet reasons somehow, sorry).

Oust Pelosi From the Presidential Succession Line
Opinion/bloomberg.com/October 4, 2019
"Democrats should make it legally impossible for impeachment to deliver them the White House."
"But even a little uncertainty about that outcome might be enough to push otherwise open-minded Republicans away from voting for impeachment or conviction. Removing Pelosi and the third-in-line official, Senate President Pro Tem Charles Grassley, from having any chance of becoming president would be a worthwhile gesture for Democrats to make, indicating that they accept the reality that a Republican will be president until January, 2021, no matter what happens."

Do not want Pelosi in charge, but there are no "open-minded Republicans". None shall rule. All of them are either currently supporting the orange fecal smear or have been too silent for too long to matter. Negotiation is no longer necessary.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Silver2195 posted:

Citation for this? Because I can't find anyone else claiming this, but you keep repeating it.

It's in the book Prairie Fires, here are some relevant sections on Rose from that Twitter megathread:

https://twitter.com/AnaMardoll/status/935293805187629058?s=19

https://twitter.com/AnaMardoll/status/935296403366019073?s=19

https://twitter.com/AnaMardoll/status/935297077030002689?s=19

https://twitter.com/AnaMardoll/status/935294471251660800?s=19

There's a bunch more if you read the entire thing but those are the ones I found most readily.

Edit: it just occurred to me that she was basically the 19th century female Michael Jackson in terms of how she was grooming those poor boys.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 6, 2019

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Well Trevor Noah was hosting by then wasn't he?

Yeah, Stewart, aside from a few cameos like when Fox's CEO got busted, was long gone before Trump ever got going on his 2016 run

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Cool cool. Arresting people by due process is a violation of civil rights.

Meanwhile detaining legal American citizens for being brown is fine.

The fact that chuds either don't know or don't care about that kind of inequality makes me wonder how we even fix the problem.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Did this make it in here?

https://twitter.com/JRehling/status/1180505950613958658

read the thread, it's uh, really something :coffeepal:

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

it's really insane he's trying to shift this all to Rick, Rick's actually liked in Texas and has always been seen as a buffoon and general right wing freak but never some super corrupt guy. My right wing Texan mom literally is all caps texting me about how insane this is.

Also it doesn't even...help...Rick 'making' him make the call (lol) doesn't even account for why he...shook down Ukraine...

Rick Perry Digs in for a Fight
theatlantic.com/Jun 20, 2011

All Quiet on the Southern Front
nytimes.com/OCT. 5, 2011

Texas Gov. Rick Perry is indicted, accused of abusing his power
latimes.com/Aug. 15, 2014
"Texas Gov. Rick Perry was indicted by a grand jury Friday, accused of two felony counts of abusing his power by eliminating funds for the state’s ethics watchdog.

The byzantine case involves the drunk-driving conviction of a Democratic prosecutor, deep-seated partisan tensions and a test of Perry’s powers as the longest-serving chief executive in Texas history. It comes as Perry attempts to resurrect his image and renew his presidential ambitions after a disastrous 2012 run.

With the governor already planning to step down at the end of his term in January, the impact is likely to be greatest outside his home state, where Perry is probably still best known for the pratfalls of his unsuccessful White House bid."

An earlier poster mentioned something about Perry's penchant for avoiding phone and internet contacts while grifting, preferring direct contact?

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Flesh Forge posted:

If that's the pseudophedriine formula, I can tell you from direct experience that's why he doesn't sleep.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Flesh Forge posted:

This explains the constant sniffing.

Also this:

https://i.imgur.com/6FZm01q.mp4

Kale
May 14, 2010

Rex-Goliath posted:

I'm trying to find that clip of Jon Stewart just before the election talking about how Trump abides no slights ever and can't ever ever let go of a grudge, and that if he'd be elected it would be a nonstop shitshow where nothing would ever get done. I can't find it though

I think I know the one you're referring to anyway, but I think it was John Oliver.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Flesh Forge posted:

There’s nothing in the Sudafed pictured that you couldn’t get in the us. Here is what is pictured https://www.sudafed.co.uk/products/mucus-relief-day-night-capsules#how-to-use here is a similar American versions https://www.sudafed.com/products/sudafed-pe-head-congestion-mucus. The UK Version has caffeine while the American one has the generic ingredient in mucinex. Whether pooping a bunch of Sudafed explains his symptoms or not, there’d be no reason to have people stock up on in England and smuggle it back

The rest of that thread is some guy claiming he repeatedly witnessed trump snorting aderral, coke, and meth, in front of a bunch of other people and for some reason he’s just been ignored about it

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1180653341539483650

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

EwokEntourage posted:

The rest of that thread is some guy claiming he repeatedly witnessed trump snorting aderral, coke, and meth, in front of a bunch of other people and for some reason he’s just been ignored about it

that's some minor comedian who worked on the apprentice and is only noteworthy for being the one person to push the "Trump is always high on every freaking stimulant man!!" theory that resistance types eat up

the basic claim of "Trump does a lotta stimulants" doesn't seem too crazy, but it would be a lot easier to believe this guy actually has any personal knowledge of it if he didn't say poo poo like "But at night and at parties he switched to cocaine and high-end Methamphetamine that was hand-delivered by Bikers." you've gotta avoid saying things like "hand delivered by Bikers," it makes the lie too obvious

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

It still fits with him being cursed with permanent postnasal drip for just being a colossal jackass.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

I honestly wonder how well the question “would you support the President just shutting the gently caress up” would Poll.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
If the example box they posted is correct, it's phenylephrine and not pseudoephedrine; not the one you can make meth out of and usually the one my patients complain doesn't work. It's still strange as hell that he's got a UK brand in his New York office, but I can believe that he or whatever minion procured it doesn't know the difference. (Paracetamol is the European name for Tylenol) He may still be sensitive to it, but if not lol if he snorts that up and believes it's going to get him whacked out.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

eke out posted:

that's some minor comedian who worked on the apprentice and is only noteworthy for being the one person to push the "Trump is always high on every freaking stimulant man!!" theory that resistance types eat up

the basic claim of "Trump does a lotta stimulants" doesn't seem too crazy, but it would be a lot easier to believe this guy actually has any personal knowledge of it if he didn't say poo poo like "But at night and at parties he switched to cocaine and high-end Methamphetamine that was hand-delivered by Bikers." you've gotta avoid saying things like "hand delivered by Bikers," it makes the lie too obvious

"Hand delivered by Epstein's sex slaves" would be a hell of a lot more factual.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

eke out posted:

Delivery: Bikers, for Trump.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I don't get how anybody could abuse Adderall for funsies. I once accidentally doubled up a dose and holy poo poo that was awful.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
He could just have a mighty powerful CYP2D6 enzyme system in his liver that burns through it too fast, combined with a tolerance borne of abuse.

For contrast I'm a poor/slow metabolizer because unless I take half doses of everything I get rekt. Last time I took a Vistaril, close cousin to pedestrian rear end Benadryl, I felt like I had been dunked in a barrel of lidocaine for half a day.

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 6, 2019

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

eke out posted:

Might say this doesn’t pass the smell test

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Vote for this guy. Support this guy. "Meet with Shifty. Keep them coming!" Your right-voting uncle needs to come clean.

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

eke out posted:

Did he mean Bikers like Hell's Angels or just dudes on bikes? Because in NYC you absolutely get your drugs hand delivered by dudes on bikes.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Ok so when the Ukraine call transcript was first released it was kind of important that there wasn’t an explicit quid pro quo (that Trump specifically outlined on the call). However, everyone could see that there was an implied threat in Trump’s classic mob shakedown.
Trump naturally took to the defensive, insisting that there was no quid pro quo at all and the Ukraine president didn’t feel threatened or pressured at all.
And now the Secretary of State makes a speech where he basically admits “Hell yeah, we quid pro quo, we do it all the time and it’s actually cool and good.”

Lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Trump is clearly on uppers; that's a clinical diagnosis just watching him.

Generally people with a drug addiction will bridge it with something accessible, or something less intense, but in the same vein. Like for example meth addicts will take ephedrine however they can get it, or people on benzos will chug nyquil etc.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

BrandorKP posted:

Praire Fires is a book on parts of it.

DC Murderverse posted:

this is an incredibly long twitter thread of someone reading through a biography of LIW's life but it's fascinating and deals with a lot of the stuff in that post

https://twitter.com/AnaMardoll/status/934583893709197312

Thanks, sometimes search engines let you down.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Shifty Pony posted:

I don't get how anybody could abuse Adderall for funsies. I once accidentally doubled up a dose and holy poo poo that was awful.

It's basically meth, so,

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Shifty Pony posted:

People will abuse anything. Spend some time working in a a retail pharmacy, it will break your faith in humanity.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
he probably stockpiles it because he's dumb enough to think it works and/or someone he normally got his psuedo from was able to get UK cold medicine in bulk cheaper and is ripping Trump off. i mean there are a number of explanations but whatever it is i think we can all agree: trump's at least trying to get high and he's an idiot

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Tayter Swift posted:

Might say this doesn’t pass the smell *SSSSNNIIIIIIFFFF* test

:sniff:

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Furnaceface posted:

People will abuse anything. Spend some time working in a a retail pharmacy, it will break your faith in humanity.

I can, unfortunately, second this. Adderall is, in broad strokes, methyamphetamine but tempered by delivery as a series of salts. But people can and do abuse it because like any other psychoaffective medication, the objective is functional normalcy and not a high. So people who want a high take more than they need, badaboom.

People will abuse all sorts of things that on paper shouldn't even provide a high. Gabapentin, for nerve pain, may as well be heroin for how often some patients attempt weeks-early refills.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Strange Poon posted:

he probably stockpiles it because he's dumb enough to think it works and/or someone he normally got his psuedo from was able to get UK cold medicine in bulk cheaper and is ripping Trump off. i mean there are a number of explanations but whatever it is i think we can all agree: trump's at least trying to get high and he's an idiot

It's very likely he's just bridging between something more potent.

And abusing sudafed absolutely does do something. I had a young guy wednesday night who admitted to taking an entire box who was loving wired. BP was 170/100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandtrout Catsuit
Feb 15, 2008

They were all over his body now. He could feel the pulse of his blood against the living membrane.

Furnaceface posted:

I've had patients who snorted splenda, salt, powdered drywall, and of course any pharmaceutical they could cheek. Had a guy who was selling crushed melatonin for $200. People will snort anything.