Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Yikes. This is why I hate bobtailing in bad weather and am always happy when I get a 40k+ pound load to help weigh me down for that extra traction. I've had to do something similar a few times but not to the degree or length that champ did it for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/seldo/status/1178276365046435840

Seriously read that article it's 100% :black101:

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

amazing

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Somebody sign these guys up, holy poo poo.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/HoIdMyBeaker/status/1178329459876712453

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Feels like it skips a frame or two

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

snowpiercer

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

That’s just elephant toothpaste.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kou7ur5xt_4

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Multi-truck drifting!

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Are spiders to insects as we are to apes and monkeys?

Damnnnn

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Spins posted:

Damnnnn

In terms of how closely related they are, it's spiders:insects::primates:sea squirts

In terms of how 'evolved' they are, it's more like spiders:insects::Ford:Chevrolet

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Krankenstyle posted:

As I was watching it, I started to wonder why they weren't hitting the snake, but I immediately realized that you probably can't gutpunch a snake, it's a tube of abs, right? Do they even have kidneys or a liver to punch?

False.

Imagined has a new favorite as of 22:18 on Oct 3, 2019

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Spins posted:

Damnnnn

you should read Children of Time

e: why is quoting so broken?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Chard posted:

you should read Children of Time

e: why is quoting so broken?

Also try A Deepness in the Sky

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is there a thread for just plain badassery in general, even if it's not in picture form?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

CommissarMega posted:

Is there a thread for just plain badassery in general, even if it's not in picture form?

This is a great read, thanks for sharing it over here.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Content!

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1180521102751219712

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

CommissarMega posted:

I especially liked the part where Xu was forced to put on clown makeup before he would be allowed to fight one dude, and all I could imagine was this angry martial artist with crudely applied Juggalo paint beating the hell out of a tai chi master who, underneath the blood and bruises and smeared makeup, was really and truly regretting his poor decisions.

Also, gently caress the Chinese government forever. If they're communist, I'm a watermelon.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Yeah, I love the thought process behind that. Like him dressing as a sloppy clown makes things less embarrassing?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I can't imagine being so arrogant or delusional to not even consider that I might be about to have the poo poo kicked out of me by a man wearing clown makeup.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Screaming Idiot posted:

I especially liked the part where Xu was forced to put on clown makeup before he would be allowed to fight one dude, and all I could imagine was this angry martial artist with crudely applied Juggalo paint beating the hell out of a tai chi master who, underneath the blood and bruises and smeared makeup, was really and truly regretting his poor decisions.

No need to imagine it, you can watch it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8Oe1vmkcn8

First knock down is 8 seconds into the match :v:

Lady Disdain posted:

I can't imagine being so arrogant or delusional to not even consider that I might be about to have the poo poo kicked out of me by a man wearing clown makeup.

There is a long long loooooooong history of people being super delusional about their fighting abilities and learning a short sharp lesson when they step into the ring with a martial artist who actually knows how to fight. I should go post some in the GBS Schadenfreude thread.
Some of the stories are very :smith: when it becomes obvious that the deluded dude has mental issues.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Good to know that even I could flail wildly and fall on my rear end just as well as a proclaimed master of Tai chi.

Possibly better.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I briefly thought Alrosa was the name of a guy who was widely recognized as being Russia's #1 miner for his mining skills

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Phlegmish posted:

I briefly thought Alrosa was the name of a guy who was widely recognized as being Russia's #1 miner for his mining skills

Al Rosa

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Xu Xiaodong is a loving badass, holy poo poo. I remember seeing that first video some time ago, but I had no idea that beating the hell out of charlatans was his whole thing.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

You are all lauding the man for his physical bad-arsery, (which is all well and good. Yay him beating up charlatans!)

But I am more impressed/admire him more for being an inadvertent, reluctant political dissident. You have a middle aged man, who likes to fight people he doesn't like, and chose MMA because in it you can punch and kick your opponent in any god-drat way you want becoming a voice for freedom due only to the pettiness, and thin skinned nature of the CCP and their bullshit "5,000 years of culture" bullshit.

Honestly, if they had left him alone, he would just be a small business owner, teaching his MMA to his clientele, and maybe be known locally as "the stocky punchy guy that runs the gym". Instead he is an internationally known badarse.

More power to him, and long may he continue to beat up those who think that they are better than him.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

dpack_1 posted:

I guess, I mean Chigurh never really gets caught, though also doesn't get the money and is injured for his efforts, and Bell retires rather than continuing pursuit, but still the money involved is always in the hands of criminals.

Chigurh does get the money. It’s implied instead of directly shown, but it is very strongly implied. He went to the room where Llewelyn was killed and removed the AC vent. He knew from earlier in the movie that that’s where Llewelyn would hide it. The Mexicans didn’t have time to search because they sped off after shooting him.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxvwi-M3LTM

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1181213645503680513?s=21

May we all be so resilient and willing to help our fellows at 95.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

DarkDobe posted:

Also try A Deepness in the Sky

I fully endorse this post.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCiDuy4mrWU

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1181213645503680513?s=21

May we all be so resilient and willing to help our fellows at 95.

great example of how much better than boomers his generation is

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Presumably this is what they mean when they complain about rappers promoting violins in the media.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Jedit posted:

Presumably this is what they mean when they complain about rappers promoting violins in the media.

:vince:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Yes, and if you'll go ahead and unmute the video of the truck drifting, you might be amazed at what you find.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/Cyber_Cox/status/1181386409250377729

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He's heading to vegas

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

The last thing that buffet town needs is another fat boy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

He's heading to vegas

Laws yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Sheesh I bet you spell "moon" "M-O-O-N." :rolleyes: