Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

The hell is a snoopy cap lmao

Snoopy and him flying around like the Red Baron.

I do wonder how it affects hair though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Complications posted:

Just crack open a physics book, in the end it's all just a few dozen equations. I'm sure what's going on is just some minor transcription errors that any common a garden genius can spend an afternoon on and handle. Really, setting up pipelines is far more important to the firehose of amazeballs content waiting just around the next patch.

I just heard about the hair pipeline, so your assertion has the ring of truth. Thank God CIG-G has their priorities straight. WIth all the attention I've seen on drink and egg fidelity I was starting to worry about the hair.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

The hell is a snoopy cap lmao

The thing on his head, so called because of the black “ears” on the sides:

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Tokamak posted:

I'm sure the guy who had a hand in coding the current mess was just a moment of clarity away from making something awesome.

Well you know, he is the guy who single handedly discovered a method to move a spaceman in zero-g and no atmosphere just by flailing his arms wildly. Even Garriot was dumbfounded.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
lmao

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/490747767?t=01h28m01s

i wonder how many incense candles this darjanator has of chris roberts in his masturbation chamber

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
i mean when even boredgamer is like "uh ok dude ur an idiot" its time to revaluate yourself lol

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
FailureToReport, the FUDster and known Derek Smart puppet, is now streaming Alpha 3.7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG7UHWAs8gE

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

And the stream crashed when he was shooting at motionless NPCs :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/user/VrkasTheSkulltaker/live <<< VrkasTheSkulltaker? :lol:
https://www.twitch.tv/failuretoreport

Quavers fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 6, 2019

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yamiks was streaming SC yesterday.

God it was boring.

The part i caught he was trying to do a delivery mission. It took forever. On the plus side, he managed to actually get the mission done without the game or server crashing!

Fun parts included:

Climbing into his cockpit with box in hand, box stick to his hand and clipping into the ladder as he climbs.
Taking forever to actualy land
Dying to a heart attack while squatting
Crawling across stairs and... well, let the clip speak for itself

https://clips.twitch.tv/PrettiestLitigiousAlmondTBTacoLeft

Didn't they spend like ages trying to rework all the anims and somehow they can't get the body to follow the terrain? Even Fortnite does it better than this with its cartoony graphics.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Quavers posted:

Star Citizen Alpha 3.7.0j PTU patch notes

Known Issues
  • AI ships traveling along a route will often get stuck.
:lol::lol:
:wtc:
How did they gently caress up something so simple as "Go from position A to position B"

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

Vertisce has created yet another subreddit to "dicuss Star Citizen without the drama". This one, however, is private! I'm sure it will be even more successful than all the other ghost town subs setup by other white knights (Samfreez has go his own little kingdom as well).

So, who's going to write a begging email to Vertisce asking to be let in to r/LowNaStarCitizen?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

Even fortnite does it better than this with its cartoony graphics.

Fortnite is a game made as a game by developers that understand what a game is.

It's made hundreds of millions of dollars, if not billions.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but for those who are into it, they love it.

It works.

It cost $0 to play.

It's like the complete opposite of Star Citizen.

If it had motion capture featuring Mae Demming it would be perfect.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kosumo posted:

Fortnite is a game made as a game by developers that understand what a game is.

It's made hundreds of millions of dollars, if not billions.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but for those who are into it, they love it.

It works.

It cost $0 to play.

It's like the complete opposite of Star Citizen.

If it had motion capture featuring Mae Demming it would be perfect.

Ah, actually, when i talk about Fortnite i generally talk about the real Fortnite, Save the World, not that Battle Royale crap that made Epic so rich. It wasn't free and with the deluxe pack it cost me i think over $60.

But yes, people who love it (and BR) they do love it.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Peter.Quint posted:

Vertisce has created yet another subreddit to "dicuss Star Citizen without the drama". This one, however, is private! I'm sure it will be even more successful than all the other ghost town subs setup by other white knights (Samfreez has go his own little kingdom as well).

So, who's going to write a begging email to Vertisce asking to be let in to r/LowNaStarCitizen?

I'm sure they will enjoy their private circle jerk. I dobut it will stop them posting in the main sub though and getting their daily dose of salt.

zebedy
Feb 25, 2006
well?

skeletors_condom posted:

I hope for his own sake that he is BSing.

MY OFFICERS

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

zebedy posted:

MY OFFICERS

I laughed out loud when I read that.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

:laffo:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/1180158116303921153
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/1180158273485451270
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/1179811043624787971

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
3.Heaven

RECONNECT TO SERVER LYING ON THE FLOOR

quote:

-character is laying on the floor where the game had originally crashed at
-character unresponsive to physical input rather than head movements

quote:

At daymar on foot when game crashed. Spawned back into laying position while plummeting into planets core.

DAYMAR CAVE - MISSING CLIENT CHAD CAMDEN - STUCK IN FLOOR

quote:

ACTUAL RESULT:

Body stuck in T-Pose in the floor

NPC GLITCH OLISAR

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKtA38w24wE

NPC running / glitching around. Be careful if you come too close it will actually kill you

WAKING UP WHILE WEARING THE BACKPACK RUCKSACK IS VERY HARD TO DO

quote:

Because of the rucksack the camera/eyes are only just above the chest and when pressing F there is no GET UP text visible.

TRAM AT ARCCORPS TAKES ME INTO HIGH ALTITUDE

---

Plus, you know, lots of falling through cave floors.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Quavers posted:

• Players in the same ship may see the ship in different locations.

I'm sorry, what? How does that even happen?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Pixelate posted:

Plus, you know, lots of falling through cave floors.

It's hard to layer floors in a submarine environment.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

Yamiks was streaming SC yesterday.

God it was boring.

The part i caught he was trying to do a delivery mission. It took forever. On the plus side, he managed to actually get the mission done without the game or server crashing!

Fun parts included:

Climbing into his cockpit with box in hand, box stick to his hand and clipping into the ladder as he climbs.
Taking forever to actualy land
Dying to a heart attack while squatting
Crawling across stairs and... well, let the clip speak for itself

Didn't they spend like ages trying to rework all the anims and somehow they can't get the body to follow the terrain? Even Fortnite does it better than this with its cartoony graphics.
Yamiks really pissed off a fanboy :ssj:

:argh: :bang:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/giogetmoneyTV/status/1180439440377991168
https://twitter.com/humanevil51/status/1180534292964937730

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Condolences to all the people working at these companies.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Agony Aunt posted:

They spent ages creating their own inverse kinematics tech but never defined all the possible cases that the tech should be able to handle and, in good SC fashion, have never gone back to fix it. So the IK tech can handle a commando running across some rocks, but can it handle a commando walking on top of tables? how about a commando crawling down on some stairs? Oh, wait, we know it can't do that last one.

Fortnite has very well-defined use cases and it was specifically tested to handle the stuff you can construct in the game.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quavers posted:

There was one in chat. Well, its was either a crazed fanboy or someone just trolling. Doing the usual ED = bad therefore SC = good. More content than any AAA game. etc. And of course, being highly abusive to people who dared to say different. The sort of person who gives the SC fanbase a bad name.

Love those comments though. I mean, they never looked at his streams about ED? Yamiks has ripped ED apart a fair few times. All CIG need to do is make SC a decently playable product and Yamiks would be all over it.

Of course, therein lies the problem.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sandweed posted:

Condolences to all the people working at these companies.

Holy poo poo. He's stepped up his efforts. No longer content with giving the kiss of death to one game at a time.

I shall name him "Destroyer of Game Worlds"

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

He stepped it up a while back. Definitely lives up to his username.

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

There was one in chat. Well, its was either a crazed fanboy or someone just trolling. Doing the usual ED = bad therefore SC = good. More content than any AAA game. etc. And of course, being highly abusive to people who dared to say different. The sort of person who gives the SC fanbase a bad name.

Love those comments though. I mean, they never looked at his streams about ED? Yamiks has ripped ED apart a fair few times. All CIG need to do is make SC a decently playable product and Yamiks would be all over it.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PMSL.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Woah, look at this rear end in a top hat doxxing reddit users!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Quavers posted:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Its funny because I've actually talked to Lethality on discord a few times because he has the same brain disease as me where we like unreleased MMOs, and hes actually a pretty nice guy. Even after I told him I'm a goon

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

eonwe posted:

Its funny because I've actually talked to Lethality on discord a few times because he has the same brain disease as me where we like unreleased MMOs, and hes actually a pretty nice guy. Even after I told him I'm a goon

Hi Lethality :wave:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hello

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

What is your favorite unreleased MMO?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

It's the new world isn't it.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quavers posted:

What is your favorite unreleased MMO?

Star Citizen!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

eonwe posted:

Yeah he seems like an okay guy, he's just got tragic taste in early access games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Agony Aunt posted:

Yamiks wasn't even getting 30 FPS with a 1st gen thread ripper!!! How are you not outraged!!

I don't even know what a thread ripper is and I'm infuriated!!