Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

EorayMel posted:

What are you, some kind of man with guns FIAT regulator?

yes i am here to arrest you for all of your crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Boxturret posted:

yes i am here to arrest you for all of your crimes

Please present a list of your crimes.

edit: Wouldn’t it be nice if frosty’s mom learned a bit of code and reopened SilkRoad as a tribute to her son. She’s white, and never got rained on waiting for a car. Besides, it’s not really drug/murder portals it’s a “tribute.”

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 5, 2019

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

DerekSmartymans posted:

Please present a list of your crimes.

Just click the question mark.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

like this?

https://youtu.be/xLcI-IXACdI

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I made this joke in a previous thread but I'm pretty sure that while Tether claims each tether coin is backed by a US dollar, they never make the claim that each Tether is backed by a different US dollar.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
US stands for undersea.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Hammerite posted:

I made this joke in a previous thread but I'm pretty sure that while Tether claims each tether coin is backed by a US dollar, they never make the claim that each Tether is backed by a different US dollar.

joke?

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
how is Tether still a thing after it was proven they didn't actually have any money to back it? or am i misremembering

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Chocobo posted:

how is Tether still a thing after it was proven they didn't actually have any money to back it? or am i misremembering

:bitcoin:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

im proud of that jy`i-ph

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Chocobo posted:

It wasn’t 100% proven, only very insinuated, and they backtracked and said it is backed by USD-equivalent (= butts), so bitcoiners can still pretend, so number can still go upUpUP not crash nearly as fast to the moon.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

it would be cool if they pulled a bearwhale on tether and suddenly started blaming it for keeping the price down and throwing all their money at it to buy up all the tethers they can and video themselves destroying them

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
https://mobile.twitter.com/APompliano/status/1180557222474059776

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Boxturret posted:

im proud of that jy`i-ph

Boxturret posted:

im proud of that jy`i-ph

:weong:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Hmmm bitcoiners right. Separately the words make sense but put together they just are insane babbling.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
I don’t think my imagination is good enough

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

"just imagine if the bitcoiners are right..." says the bitcoiner in between bouts of yelling about how bitcoin is inevitable and unbelievers will die horribly

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

economies grind to a halt as the transactions choke the blockchain

wealth inequality soars to a level that makes us genuinely wonder why we worried about how bad it is now

all innovation ceases as energy production is funneled away from anything that isn't a strict necessity or the useless busywork rat race that is mining

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what does the tornado emoji mean? did the lightning bolt get too associated with idiocy?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Some bitcoiners are left, but most of them are right already.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Do you think someone, somewhere, at some point in bitcoin's history, had this reaction to an elon musk twitter raffle somehow being fraudulent?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
hello i am elon musk (aka satoshi nakamoto) please send me bitcoin and i will send you back more bitcoin

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Already sent mine to The Queen sorry, check back next week

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

I imagine them being altright. Close enough. And pedophiles.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

did anyone say coin yet?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
number go tits up

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zamujasa posted:

number go tits up

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Zamujasa posted:

number go tits up

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Of course I know the price doesn't go up every day. It goes up over time though. Was I wrong last year when I was telling you guys to buy $6K?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
number go :siren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :derp: :siren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :derp: down?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :siren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :derp: :siren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :derp:

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Gazpacho posted:

Was I wrong

Yes

Mammon Loves You
Feb 13, 2011
Didn't I tell you guys to buy anytime over the last year that number was lower than current number? Get with the program!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
1 number = 1 number!

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Gazpacho posted:

Of course I know the price doesn't go up every day. It goes up over time though. Was I wrong last year when I was telling you guys to buy $6K?
well yeah, bitcoin cash is at $219 so that was a bit of a drop. that is what you wanted me to buy right?

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

CampingCarl posted:

well yeah, bitcoin cash is at $219 so that was a bit of a drop. that is what you wanted me to buy right?

No Bitcoin Classic since it had dropped to $0.00333624 which is a REAL steal since it can only go up up up uP UP!

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
You're making a statement with absolutely nothing to back it up. Warren Buffet thinks Bitcoin is risky. He's not exactly someone I would listen to, personally, given his track record over the past 10 years.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Gazpacho posted:

You're making a statement with absolutely nothing to back it up. Warren Buffet thinks Bitcoin is risky. He's not exactly someone I would listen to, personally, given his track record over the past 10 years.

no

Mammon Loves You
Feb 13, 2011
Bitcoin good, Warren Buffett bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gazpacho posted:

lmao