Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Calaveron posted:

I did two essences to the point where it tells me I need to work with Eris but I talk to her and nothing and I can’t interact with the big bowl that’s near her either

Have you done the strike? That's a "work with eris" step though the game doesn't do poo poo to tell you this.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

It's a sad feeling to log back into Destiny 2 after awhile and realize your entire PS4 clan has died.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Calaveron posted:

I did two essences to the point where it tells me I need to work with Eris but I talk to her and nothing and I can’t interact with the big bowl that’s near her either

check your pursuits tab, in the quest section. there should be two thingies. probably want you to do "three eris bounties" and "generic moon activities"

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yeah, the constant loving with pursuits/sidebar/etc is really not helping with the flow of information for the basic storyline stuff :bungie:

They need to pick one way to guide players and then stop changing it every other patch lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah it's tricky when your next quest is an icon on the map but the previous one was a Pursuit and the next one is a Pursuit telling you to Talk to Someone on a different planet

Or the ever popular "pursuit telling you to complete another pursuit, but not by name"

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

That's all so dumb because they figured this poo poo out pretty well in the first game!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah it's tricky when your next quest is an icon on the map but the previous one was a Pursuit and the next one is a Pursuit telling you to Talk to Someone on a different planet

Or the ever popular "pursuit telling you to complete another pursuit, but not by name"

holy hell "eyes on the moon" for the vex offensive was some bs. that wasn't the bounty name! where did 'eyes on the moon' come from!?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah i looked forever on that one and then was like ehhh I'll just kill some poo poo and then it completed

That phrase is loving nowhere

lexxyth
Jan 21, 2015
The invite is invalid or has expired.

Can somebody share a new invitation for the ps4 discord? I wasted 90 minutes failing the nightfall strike yesterday with 2 pubby groups :shepface:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Especially since when you pick it up it says you need to have finished the first moon mission. And then it says you've not completed some mission. Wait was that the same one? I've finished all the moon missions how the...

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Akuma posted:

That's all so dumb because they figured this poo poo out pretty well in the first game!

This sums up everything about d2

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

holy hell "eyes on the moon" for the vex offensive was some bs. that wasn't the bounty name! where did 'eyes on the moon' come from!?

Eyes On the Moon is the part where you go talk to Eris.

Which you have no idea until after you've done the killing part.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

lexxyth posted:

Can somebody share a new invitation for the ps4 discord? I wasted 90 minutes failing the nightfall strike yesterday with 2 pubby groups :shepface:

I been saying this for like three posts now. I had to change discord accounts for reasons and don't have the kink one anymore.

By the way, for what reason does this game have such poo poo match making? Like guided games has been in beta for over 3 years. It is do dumb to be forced to go to Reddit to do a 3 person job.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

lexxyth posted:

i like it when discord makes links that are set to never expire time out

https://discord.gg/FeExg3p

here u go

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Pubbies going into Nightfall Ordeals without the appropriate weapons are the worst.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I’m so sick and tired of Eris and the hive and screechy enemies fought in oooo spooky ambiances named like the farthell and the bone anus of scrutiny, I wanted a good vex expansion fighting in like non Euclidean robot hells with lights and synthesizer music and poo poo like that

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i agree. moon sucks.

https://i.imgur.com/ve41vQR.gifv

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Calaveron posted:

I’m so sick and tired of Eris and the hive and screechy enemies fought in oooo spooky ambiances named like the farthell and the bone anus of scrutiny, I wanted a good vex expansion fighting in like non Euclidean robot hells with lights and synthesizer music and poo poo like that
But... the current season is Vex focused.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
including the raid lol

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shadowkeep was just a three hour detour to show us the pyramids are here for reals. No more exposition than that, but it's a real threat!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I want a big pyramid dungeon to explore. It seemed like a cool area but Bungie didn’t do much with it.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
So I played the poo poo out of d1 and fell out with d2 shortly after they killed off talky robot who's name I no longer recall, though I did shoot a big worm thing to death to avenge him I think. Now that this newest dlc has been out a week would it be worthwhile to jump back into things?

Getting burnt out on battle royales and I'm pretty sure I'll never play another call of duty, but maybe shooting robots and zombies in space will fill the gaming void in my soul until BotW 2 comes out.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mill Village posted:

I want a big pyramid dungeon to explore. It seemed like a cool area but Bungie didn’t do much with it.

You can glitch in and explore, hopefully the lore nerds tear it apart for our enjoyment and we find out the darkness has like a fuckin articulating clitoral spike or something

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Y'all can correct me if I'm mistaken but I'm pretty sure Bungie's plan now that they're away from Activision is to slowly release content over the course of the season. So they'll probably add onto the story with that.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Daric posted:

Y'all can correct me if I'm mistaken but I'm pretty sure Bungie's plan now that they're away from Activision is to slowly release content over the course of the season. So they'll probably add onto the story with that.

Is exactly that.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That doesn't mean the story we did get should be devoid of any information at all.

Oh we found a SPOOKY ARTIFACT. No idea what it means, that's for future stuff!

Might as well have hitched a ride on an alien spaceship and raidioed home that you're off to finish the fight.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

That doesn't mean the story we did get should be devoid of any information at all.

Oh we found a SPOOKY ARTIFACT. No idea what it means, that's for future stuff!

Might as well have hitched a ride on an alien spaceship and raidioed home that you're off to finish the fight.

I appreciate the poo poo out of this lol

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
You guys that have been playing for a while, what are you working on now? I've got the two new sets of armor and all of the legendary guns from eris and the vex thing. Is the raid the only thing left to do for Shadowkeep for now?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
For now. I’m working on trying to get some exotics I don’t have and did everything up to the raid portion for the new exotic quest that dropped yesterday.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm not out of sk ~content~ yet, but when I am it's straight back to farming up poo poo for gimmick builds. First one being double light reactor/geomag with as high int as I can get because never not voop

Mouzer
May 9, 2006
Feed the fish!

Edit: read up, the new link is posted. Thanks yo!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/StkvTDl.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/ew14usF.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/3KXZCHN.gifv

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Ugh I want that little scoot scoot so bad!

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
My favorite thing about this game is using one of the myriad weapons that promote getting in close to the enemies and then getting boss-stomped halfway to Nessus.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Have you watched much about the raid?

Datto has a 48 min video of the boss fights and it looks pretty good. Seems to be very run and gun rather than puzzley.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I never finished the vanilla campaign. How do I get back to it?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Rinkles posted:

talk to Amanda holiday. You may have to start from the beginning again, though.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Rinkles posted:

Amanda Holliday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

hiddenriverninja posted:

talk to Amanda holiday. You may have to start from the beginning again, though.

Sorry, how do I find her?