Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Basic Chunnel posted:

I get the feeling that Yukes going wackier in an attempt to appeal to the newlegacy viewership crowd is a big part of what got them kicked off the franchise.

loving duel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

KungFu Grip posted:

what got them kicked off was probably saying the games suck and they're getting burned out making the same boring ones so they're gonna make a competitor to WWE's game in house too
The fact that they only just now got around to saying what’s been obvious for years would suggest they knew that they were at least on the bubble, if not outright lame ducks in the role.

You can read it as a last ditch effort to convince 2K that they were serious now and to give them another chance, or a (frankly pathetic) attempt to put their best foot forward as they’re dumped to find a new publisher. I kind of expect them to dissolve in pretty short order, with some of their engine programmers maybe joining 2K from there.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Adam Cole, Bay-Bay?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Davros1 posted:

Adam Cole, Bay-Bay?

looks like something that would burrow in my yard.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Every now and then I get weak and think hey its not like I buy a lot of games, and I always enjoy wrestling games for at least a month or so, thats not bad, and I think maybe, maybe I will pick it up.

And then I see another screenshot. LOL

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

at this point all i really want is improvements to the creation stuff but at this point they've said so little that i assume everything will just be identical to 2k19

i mean i also want sweeping gameplay changes but i've accepted that will never happen

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

2k19: big head mode
2k20: Kevin Dunn mode

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This is definitely the “quietly release and move on” iteration at the end of a console generation, meaning up next is “slightly improve visuals for new generation, remove almost every mode because we ran out of time”

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Honestly what irritates me most in the modern gen games is just how unfun they are to play in most modes. Any gimmick match for instance. First the AI will go for the win, exclusively, and never try to do anything interesting that has to do with the gimmick of the match. Second, the interactive parts of the gimmicks are very very controlled and stiff and uninteresting to engage with.

On last gen, you could put someone through a table just by throwing them at it with a move that physically put them on it, now, you need to do a special move when they are leaned on it.

In one of the old Smackdowns you could fight in the crowd, and it would just part hilariously, but you could do anything you could do anywhere else there. Now you can only exchange strikes.

Hell in a cell. Old Smackdowns, you could do regular moves between the cell and the ring, now, just a few canned animations and strikes. You used to be able to go off the edge in any way, now, there are a few canned animations and that is it.

There used to be more weapons, and you could interact with the backgrounds when you got out of the ringside area, now, there is only what you can get under the ring, and a few places that have canned animations you can interact with. But even then, these places are very limited, and there are some locations where everything is just set dressing, like the Wyatt compound.

Modern WWE games are not very fun to play with. The customization is unparalleled, but the game is so loving boring. Especially since even the customization is limited to look, because all the wrestlers work the same way, there is no AI editing or differentiation at all, which is very easy to see after only a few matches, and stands out immediately if you sim or ever watched VGCW.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 5, 2019

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

So very realistic, then?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Tweaking the AI must be absolute hell considering how little work has been done on it even by the standards of the series. Getting it to engage with the gimmicks, getting Randy Orton to work a slower match than Mustafa Ali - like, you have to think they want to do these things.

The personality sliders, except for "taunt" and "don't taunt," and the one that makes them run away sometimes - who knows what they do. But it's not like I remember the old "favorite moves" being used more, or the old "templates" like striker and submission doing anything. I do remember Undertaker and only Undertaker being a bitch to beat in SYM, but I was 11

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Adam Cole has a weird shaped head and face as it is

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I bought last years game just to change all the intro music to the Hot Dad Wrestle soundtrack. I don’t think I played an actual match aside from a few showcase matches.
Not in a rush to buy it again until they make it fun in four player mode.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

coconono posted:

ADAM VOLE BAY BAY

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CHIKARA game's out Tuesday and newLegacy are doing a midnight release stream of it on Twitch. If you're interested in buying the game when it's out but have no idea what to expect, here's a highlights vid of the creation mode that looks like it's worth the purchase by itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN4yM9OpMFA

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Is that game gonna have some kinda Promotion/Manager is it like FPWW was at first and just setting up matches?

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 6, 2019

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
As much as i bitch about the wwe games ill still be buying it, does anyone know if steam does a midnight for these games? I am buying on pc this year just cuz i have a rig that will run it now and modding is a magical world that i have discovered

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Brokenogre posted:

i have a rig that will run it now

Go tell yourself that, these games run like rear end.

I mean, maybe they got better, but I kinda doubt it. I wouldn't count on it running well. But if don't you can at least refund.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

I had 2k18 for PC and 2k19 for PS4 - I think having more stuff on CC gives these games more longevity than having the mods, which are really finicky, but 2k19 was also a better game

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Fat Lowtax posted:

I had 2k18 for PC and 2k19 for PS4 - I think having more stuff on CC gives these games more longevity than having the mods, which are really finicky, but 2k19 was also a better game

Yeah as someone who has waffled between the two. PC runs better if you have a rig, but PS4 is just better. The mods aren't making these games better in general, I mean, I like getting my own music into the game, but the CAW community on PC is minuscule, and on PS4, it wont be long before you have a good version of about anyone you might want. But nobody is fixing bugs or anything like that on pc, the mod community is pretty much purely focused on cosmetic stuff.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

the different platforms should all share the same community creations. crossplatform is a thing now, they're all stored on 2k's servers, there's no good reason not to

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

remusclaw posted:

Yeah as someone who has waffled between the two. PC runs better if you have a rig, but PS4 is just better. The mods aren't making these games better in general, I mean, I like getting my own music into the game, but the CAW community on PC is minuscule, and on PS4, it wont be long before you have a good version of about anyone you might want. But nobody is fixing bugs or anything like that on pc, the mod community is pretty much purely focused on cosmetic stuff.

Honestly I am usually just making my own CAWs I think i downloaded maybe 3 characters on CC last year and that was more cuz I wasn't sure what to do with movesets

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Brokenogre posted:

Honestly I am usually just making my own CAWs I think i downloaded maybe 3 characters on CC last year and that was more cuz I wasn't sure what to do with movesets

Stats and movesets and whatnot are incredibly overstuffed now to very little benefit. Its just a ton of info you need to input that affects nothing much.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

remusclaw posted:

Stats and movesets and whatnot are incredibly overstuffed now to very little benefit. Its just a ton of info you need to input that affects nothing much.

How dare you insult the difference between Leg Durability 44 and Leg Durability 45 this way. It matters and is important

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

How dare you insult the difference between Leg Durability 44 and Leg Durability 45 this way. It matters and is important

My personal favorite is reversal, which is presented in 1-100 granularity and has the effect of deciding whether you get 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 reversals.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

In fairness there were a fair amount of modifiers that you’d get from streaks or slumps or whatever in universe mode

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/2K_UK/status/1181180876228571136#__prclt=6J3lPLNM

https://mobile.twitter.com/WWEgames/status/1181188693668683776

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

We have our first rating for 2k20 https://twitter.com/JohnnyGargano/status/1181252170978603009

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i don’t think i’m going to buy this game.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I mean last years was fine so I'll probably get this when they do the black friday special

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

WatermelonGun posted:

i don’t think i’m going to buy this game.

Honestly with the stunt they are pulling right now I am questioning if i wanna buy it. I mindlessly buy these games every year, Usually right after the roster reveal. The roster reveal they are currently holding hostage behind a tweet saying 10K likes and we reveal more

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Brokenogre posted:

We have our first rating for 2k20

Lars Sullivan is rated 88

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Rarity posted:

Lars Sullivan is rated 88

HEYOOOOOOOOOO

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

hey 2k finally got those 10K likes and we got some semblance of a roster reveal here, some new names on there too

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/10/08/playstation-5-officially-named-launching-holiday-2020-changes-coming-to-controller

With PS5 launching Holiday 2020, I bet this is why Yukes got cast off this year, the last game of the current gen. Hoping this means they took the development internally for next gen.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Davros1 posted:

Adam Cole, Bay-Bay?

between this and the action figure is Adam Cole just immune to face modeling

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

2k20 my career trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fmxgaxOUuY

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That woman's eyes look like something out of an MDickie game

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Yeah im guessing its just a bad CAW, The career mode looks like it could be kinda silly and fun this year though so thats nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoJ4yZORCgI&t=1282s

NL got a hold of the Action Arcade Wrestling 3 Chikara game. They broke it pretty much immediately.