Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Rinkles posted:

"Biden bribed Ukrainian Pres"

that's new

Maybe he bought a box of Roshen chocolates for his wife once?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

skeleton warrior posted:

Maybe we could meet in the middle and wait for, y’know, any facts

nah this isn't a court, if someone wants to use basic historical examples to point at and go 'yea cops killed this dude who helped put a cop in jail' that's fair

ThanosWasRight
May 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't understand in this Chuck Todd interview as Ron Johnson goes on and on about the 2016 election why Chuck Todd just doesn't say "Why the hell are you going on about the 2016 election. It's 2019. We're not talking about the 2016 election. The question on the table has nothing to do with the 2016 election. We're talking about whether or not the sitting president of the United States tried to force foreign states to investigate his political rivals in 2019. It's 2019. You can keep deflecting and talking about 2016 but 2016 is long gone Senator Johnson. What do you have to say for the presidents actions today in 2019."

These reporters are so loving feckless and stupid.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

ThanosWasRight posted:

I don't understand in this Chuck Todd interview as Ron Johnson goes on and on about the 2016 election why Chuck Todd just doesn't say "Why the hell are you going on about the 2016 election. It's 2019. We're not talking about the 2016 election. The question on the table has nothing to do with the 2016 election. We're talking about whether or not the sitting president of the United States tried to force foreign states to investigate his political rivals in 2019. It's 2019. You can keep deflecting and talking about 2016 but 2016 is long gone Senator Johnson. What do you have to say for the presidents actions today in 2019."

These reporters are so loving feckless and stupid.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1180987393115074560?s=19

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Well for one Nikki Haley was a traitor to South Carolina by removing the Confederate Flag from the Capitol.

Yes, she was a traitor to the traitors.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Something I don't understand about the Ukraine call:

There has to be a very limited number of people directly exposed to Trump's calls. Either it's a person who worked there and left or one of his aides has mysteriously disappeared into witness protection.

Either way they know exactly who the whistleblower is or Trump can't remember who is in the room with him at any given time.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

Mendrian posted:

Something I don't understand about the Ukraine call:

There has to be a very limited number of people directly exposed to Trump's calls. Either it's a person who worked there and left or one of his aides has mysteriously disappeared into witness protection.

Either way they know exactly who the whistleblower is or Trump can't remember who is in the room with him at any given time.

The whistleblower was a CIA operative....

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

pkay posted:

The whistleblower was a CIA operative....

Right but presumably they don't just pass along that poo poo to just anybody, no?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Berke Negri posted:

generally i can at least follow the internal logic of his insufferable contrarianism but this current row im just like what the gently caress

There has never been any internal logic to his takes on Russia/Trump

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/jayrosen_nyu/status/1180860117866176513

Rosen is correct, it's wild to see a light switch flip and someone as bad as Chuck Todd suddenly start acting like he gives two shits about this

He accused one guest last week of trying to Gaslight America. If you can't convince Chuck Todd to both sides an issue, who can you convince?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
There won't be a single person in the white house that hasn't tried to knife one of their co-workers in the back by tomorrow

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1180989397019348993

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

skylined! posted:

There won't be a single person in the white house that hasn't tried to knife one of their co-workers in the back by tomorrow

Lol

ThanosWasRight
May 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

skylined! posted:

It's always projection. ALWAYS.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Papercut posted:

There has never been any internal logic to his takes on Russia/Trump

its that hillary is bad so any russia details that come up must be smokescreen to excuse the 2016 loss

not really sure on the angle here of carrying water for documented new, unrelated trump crimes

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

skylined! posted:

Lol of course they were trying to do the exact same corruption that they were accusing Biden of

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Seriously how are the Dems going to be able to proceed with Impeachment without it turning into a sprawling unmanageable mess that overloads the public’s brains and resets them back to zero because that is a serious concern. There’s too much crime!

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Skrewdriver

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1180990087749935105

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1180990908000559104

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Yeah, he just threatened our elections. It's not like he did anything really bad like get a blowjob.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mendrian posted:

Right but presumably they don't just pass along that poo poo to just anybody, no?

Normally, the teams involved aren't quite as small as you might think, between the support dudes for the call itself who can be asked questions or chime in if there's a mistake or misunderstanding, and the intel and diplomacy folks who can pore over anything important that particularly the other guy said. It's not, in fact, normal for most of these calls to be super ultra top secret, that's part of why this whole thing is... this whole thing.

also I don't remember how much this guy got secondhand

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Of Monsters And More Monsters

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

goethe.cx posted:

No, but if he had testified in a mob trial and then turned up dead, would there really be any doubt about what happened? Plus the symbolism of shooting him in the mouth

Especially like 24 hours after sentencing. That's just so blatant. Like a 1 in 10^7 or 8 chance of just randomly getting murdered that day

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Other things that Ken Starr doesn't think is a big deal includes Sexual Assault at Baylor University.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Berke Negri posted:

its that hillary is bad so any russia details that come up must be smokescreen to excuse the 2016 loss

not really sure on the angle here of carrying water for documented new, unrelated trump crimes

That take ceases to be logical when the president is openly admitting to obstruction of justice in interviews on national TV, though.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

Lol of course they were trying to do the exact same corruption that they were accusing Biden of

Note that Naftogaz is wayyy more important than Burisma. Basically whether Ukrainian people get heat in winter or not is dependent on it.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

sexpig by night posted:

I dunno but statistically speaking yea probably

Wasn't Dallas the city where some dude shot a handful of cops standing around and it came out that like 1/3 or half of them had neo nazi poo poo or nazi-adjacent poo poo publicly on their facebook pages

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

As much as the North Korean Foreign Ministry is all about propaganda directed at foreign populations, they got to take the day off here and just unapologetically spew the truth back at us.

Edit: Forgot about the Un.

Otteration fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 7, 2019

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Especially like 24 hours after sentencing. That's just so blatant. Like a 1 in 10^7 or 8 chance of just randomly getting murdered that day

Yeah when it was first announced he was dead I figured okay I'll wait like maybe two hours before actually reading anything in case it really was a one in a million coincidence but come on. I can't believe anyone would give cops the benefit of the doubt.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/scottmstedman/status/1180990387608936449?s=21

The fun never stops...

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1180994860188360704

loving lol

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Not my president.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

This dude and his loving abuser playbook are really pissing me off

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Someone give him some warm milk and settle him down for bed already.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dude still doesn't understand what tariffs are

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

No wonder they are so angry about this, its was their money to grift

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Still genuinely doesn't know what a tariff is.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Normally, the teams involved aren't quite as small as you might think, between the support dudes for the call itself who can be asked questions or chime in if there's a mistake or misunderstanding, and the intel and diplomacy folks who can pore over anything important that particularly the other guy said. It's not, in fact, normal for most of these calls to be super ultra top secret, that's part of why this whole thing is... this whole thing.

also I don't remember how much this guy got secondhand
It wasn't supposed to be a super secret communique, it was normal statecraft. After the call it was moved to the codeword secret classification because Trump started talking about doing some crimes. Crimes crimes crimes.

It's also telling that the only way Trump describes the call is "perfect" and "cordial" like the Democrats are disturbed about the tone of the call. They are concerned about the content.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Ike was good. He hated McCarthy, took a stand and told MacArthur to gently caress off, and recognized the MIC for what it was and would be. The last decent republican.

Are you thinking of Truman, who fired MacArthur, or have I forgotten another chuck of history? :)

https://www.stripes.com/blogs/from-the-archives/eisenhower-hears-about-macarthur-s-firing-1951-1.544955

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

CannonFodder posted:

It wasn't supposed to be a super secret communique, it was normal statecraft. After the call it was moved to the codeword secret classification because Trump started talking about doing some crimes. Crimes crimes crimes.

It's also telling that the only way Trump describes the call is "perfect" and "cordial" like the Democrats are disturbed about the tone of the call. They are concerned about the content.

Trump has spent his entire life grifting/extorting/bribing/abusing like this. He likely doesn't even see it as a crime at this point. Just his natural way of doing things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Oh no!

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1180969512771948546