Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Larry Parrish posted:

look I hate the prolific chud posters as much as anyone but nathan j Robinson is not owning anyone but himself. hes like review brah but for stats

i want to give him a wedgie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

R. Guyovich posted:

that book has been pretty soundly discredited

What book is it? I tried reverse GIS but google brought up a book called the "Pedophile Guide to Love and Pleasure" so now I'm on a watchlist

e: posted last page

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
lol at the incel commie defenders itt

*crying* "mao didn't gently caress"

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Bip Roberts posted:

lol at the incel commie defenders itt

*crying* "mao didn't gently caress"

nobody said that you weirdo

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
Latest Red Hot Take on RLR is pretty good

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
communism is good

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Ace of Baes posted:

communism is good

:wth:

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Ace of Baes posted:

communism is good

:wrong:

It's great.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

just learned eileen jones of eXile fame has a movie podcast called filmsuck, it's pretty good. her co-host has a really interesting outsider perspective as she's russian, she has good takes (when eileen lets her speak).

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I listened to getfiscal podcast for the first time at work, it was the climate change one and they're talkin about the quran verses and catholicism halfway after they got the usual climate stuff out of the way then they looked at curiouscat questions and got one asking if people condemned to hell roast forever, that fuckin owned lmao.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

gh0stpinballa posted:

just learned eileen jones of eXile fame has a movie podcast called filmsuck, it's pretty good. her co-host has a really interesting outsider perspective as she's russian, she has good takes (when eileen lets her speak).

Oh drat, I remember reading the eXile film reviews. They had the most baffling takes. They said Predators was good.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Eileen Jones rules

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Gripweed posted:

Oh drat, I remember reading the eXile film reviews. They had the most baffling takes. They said Predators was good.

yeah but then her reviews of dark knight rises and girls are legendary. seriously her demolition of lena dunham is a wonder.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Eileen Jones rules

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

i say swears online posted:

It's very good and I never listened to o&a

I distinctly remember Opie and Anthony being big on the forums at some nebulous point in the 14 years I've been on this website. It had its own thread, I think in GBS back when GBS was the main subforum that most people seemed to post in.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
O&A is only worth listening to when Patrice O'Neal was on.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

so jim norton was on too? were they pretty closely connected to the Tough Crowd lineup?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ytlaya posted:

I distinctly remember Opie and Anthony being big on the forums at some nebulous point in the 14 years I've been on this website. It had its own thread, I think in GBS back when GBS was the main subforum that most people seemed to post in.

It did, and it got moved to rgd. It might still exist?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

i say swears online posted:

so jim norton was on too? were they pretty closely connected to the Tough Crowd lineup?

Jim was essentially the third host by the start of the Sirius run, he was on almost every day

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Eileen Jones went on the War Nerd to talk about war films and mislead me into thinking Dunkirk was an alright film and then after I stupidly watched it with a group of my normie friends I had to spend the rest of the evening biting my tongue while everyone else gushed about what a great film it was.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Is TrueAnon worth catching up on anymore? I'm like 10 episodes behind I think.

Maybe I'll just skip to the current episode whenever they find Ghislaine Maxwell dead or alive

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Bedshaped posted:

Is TrueAnon worth catching up on anymore? I'm like 10 episodes behind I think.

yes, because

1. they are about ongoing problems, not just recent events
  2. they're funny

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
It's an overall funny show, but Brace Belden is not as funny as he thinks he is and Liz usually gets drowned out. The post Epdeath episodes kind of flounder like they are wading through a sea of hot-takes failing to find their own unique comedic framing.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Brace is ok but Liz is definitely a better host.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bedshaped posted:

It's an overall funny show,

allegedly

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Bedshaped posted:

It's an overall funny show, but Brace Belden is not as funny as he thinks he is and Liz usually gets drowned out. The post Epdeath episodes kind of flounder like they are wading through a sea of hot-takes failing to find their own unique comedic framing.

I find him annoying to be honest

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Victory Position posted:

I find him annoying to be honest

overall i find him funny, but i end up thinking that as well at least once per episode.

i think he'd good if there was a 3rd co-host, or liz was given more time to speak and kind of lead them from topic to topic

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

brace and the producer were both absolute dickheads to liz on a recent episode and i think he got some pushback for it, rightly so. she should lead the conversations because she's very well read about intelligence agencies and high level financial stuff. the producer should make sure the levels are right and keep the gently caress quiet. disturbed by the recent phenomenon of podcast producers inserting themselves into episodes.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Bedshaped posted:

Brace is very much a "class clown" type guy, in both good and bad ways (though completely honestly probably more bad than good). He very obvious has kinda poor impulse control and will let various bad (or kinda offensive) jokes slip through. I find myself cringing (and I'm pretty sure Liz is usually cringing at the same times, but she'll immediately react and try to reign him in when he obviously went too far with something) a handful of times each episode I've listened to (which is about 5 or 6 now).

The kind of sad thing about it is that he can be pretty funny, but would really benefit from writing some sort of clearer outline for the episodes and just generally having better impulse control.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Helsing posted:

Eileen Jones went on the War Nerd to talk about war films and mislead me into thinking Dunkirk was an alright film and then after I stupidly watched it with a group of my normie friends I had to spend the rest of the evening biting my tongue while everyone else gushed about what a great film it was.

good critics aren't people you agree with 100 percent of the time they're the people whose opinions are well-reasoned enough to make them interesting to read regularly

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
good critics aren't people you agree with 100%, they're people I agree with 100%

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/getfiscalfansBR/status/1174300491813183494

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

brace kinda sounds like nardwuar

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Ytlaya posted:

kinda poor impulse control

his punk band had a Waffen-SS flag and he ditched his easy job to attract bullets meant for Kurds, you don't have to undersell it

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

he has also talked about his experiences with addiction

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

faculty of horror is also a good podcast but it's only monthly :(

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

gh0stpinballa posted:

disturbed by the recent phenomenon of podcast producers inserting themselves into episodes.

this was great to read.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Finicums Wake posted:

overall i find him funny, but i end up thinking that as well at least once per episode.

i think he'd good if there was a 3rd co-host, or liz was given more time to speak and kind of lead them from topic to topic

not sure who the co-host who would be, but you are right

if two people are telling him to knock it off, it would work

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Victory Position posted:

not sure who the co-host who would be, but you are right

Matt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

getfiscal