Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
apperently their are multiple whistleblowers now.

https://twitter.com/kellyo/status/1180828433573650433?r

so i assume at least 1 is bolton, perry will be one at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm trying to figure out who the absolute stupidest person to be a whistleblower could be at this point. Because that's probably who it will be.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

I'm trying to figure out who the absolute stupidest person to be a whistleblower could be at this point. Because that's probably who it will be.

Bolton is probably the dumbest option.

That angry tomato walrus mustache ma'fk doing the right thing for all the wrong reasons would be so stupid that it would be funny.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

ImpAtom posted:

Trump will file a whistleblower complaint with whatever evidence he can fabricate about the FBI, and then angrily demand that everyone take this whistleblower exactly as seriously as the others.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

ImpAtom posted:

Betsy

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Cmon Kellyann, it might not be the funniest answer but its out there.

Or even better, Jared Kushner for falling out of favor.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

pacerhimself posted:

That angry tomato walrus mustache ma'fk doing the right thing for all the wrong reasons would be so stupid that it would be funny.

:hmmyes:

Ither posted:

I just got my wisdom teeth out and was given Norco.

I'm loving it. Can easily see why people get addicted.

As someone due to have a steadily disintegrating wisdom tooth yanked, none of these stories fill me with any degree of confidence.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

pacerhimself posted:

i feel like he hates trump for his various foreign policy gently caress ups and because he won't go burn all those countries to ash. so its possible.

earlier at the start, id say pompeo but now thats super dumb.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

MULTIPLE tax:

Pretty sure it's the one on the left.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Otteration posted:

MULTIPLE tax:

the middle one seems suspicious.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

ImpAtom posted:

John Barron.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

ImpAtom posted:

I'm going with that junior comms director that emailed out the talking points to all the democrats in the house and still has a job somehow.

ThanosWasRight
May 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Amash is ...good???

Also not having on Trump spokespeople and officials this weekend is the best thing the Media has done all Trump Presidency. This should be standard. They need to freeze these fuckers out.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

RandomBlue posted:

John Barron.

Barron = vaper = whistleblower = obvious. PTL = Q. Think about it.

Ouch.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Otteration posted:

MULTIPLE tax:

Middle kittah is already fed up with the bullshit. That's the one I'd want to take home.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/whistleblower-ukraine-trump-impeach-cia-spying-895529/

taibbi is loving dipshit with anything outside finace and police badness. sucks because i liked his trump articles and can"t breath book. i guess he got whatever GG has.

https://twitter.com/dgolumbia/status/1181013409422348288

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 7, 2019

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

RandomBlue posted:

John Barron.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Tried to whistle blow on Biden and Hillary and just ended up writing down a few dozen Trump crimes.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

RandomBlue posted:

John Barron.

poo poo, can i change my answer?

ThanosWasRight
May 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/whistleblower-ukraine-trump-impeach-cia-spying-895529/

taibbi is loving dipshit with anything outside finace and police badness. sucks because i liked his trump articles and can"t breath book. i guess he got whatever GG has.

Does he not understand that Whistleblowers have a very specific definition?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

ThanosWasRight posted:

Does he not understand that Whistleblowers have a very specific definition?

he apparently has a very specific definition of his own

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1180832299170062344

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Dapper_Swindler posted:

This article loving sucks. All this proves is the media thinks it's juicy as hell to jump in on this, or so many people are just sick of Trump's poo poo and not looking to throw this person under the bus. I share his outrage at how they treat whistleblowers but my man is out here trying to claim this whistleblower is somehow not suffering any consequences when we have Trump raving about how the whistleblower is a traitor and Graham is vowing to out and force the whistleblower to testify in public. If anything he should be using this to help leverage justice for those who have lost their jobs or have been isolated by whistleblowing instead of ignoring that he only knew they are probably CIA because the NYT snitched.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

"Americans who’ve blown the whistle over serious offenses by the federal government either spend the rest of their lives overseas, like Edward Snowden, end up in jail, like Chelsea Manning, get arrested and ruined financially, like former NSA official Thomas Drake, have their homes raided by FBI like disabled NSA vet William Binney, or get charged with espionage like ex-CIA exposer-of-torture John Kiriakou. It’s an insult to all of these people, and the suffering they’ve weathered, to frame the ballcarrier in the Beltway’s latest partisan power contest as a whistleblower."

Comparing an unknown person with an unknown past and an unknown future to past possibilities is a hallmark of good American journalism.

Edit: eyeroll .gif .mpg .vid.

Otteration fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 7, 2019

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Considering how unemployment numbers are usually tallied, I'll always view these figures with the bullshit lens.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

quote:

Comparing an unknown person with an unknown past and an unknown future to past possibilities is a hallmark of good American journalism.

its because this is a deep state CIA false flag to ouster donald the dove so dems can get re-elected and resume starting wars

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

ImpAtom posted:

The Mooch.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

Middle kittah is already fed up with the bullshit. That's the one I'd want to take home.

They're all fed up with the bullshit. We are all fed up with the bullshit.

Let us loving go!

:)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

rudy

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Law & Order SVU is doing the Jussie Smollet assault :laffo:

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

Beaten, howdy fellow football watcher.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Uncanny af

https://twitter.com/sdr_medco/status/1180606860732317696

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Otteration posted:

"Americans who’ve blown the whistle over serious offenses by the federal government either spend the rest of their lives overseas, like Edward Snowden, end up in jail, like Chelsea Manning, get arrested and ruined financially, like former NSA official Thomas Drake, have their homes raided by FBI like disabled NSA vet William Binney, or get charged with espionage like ex-CIA exposer-of-torture John Kiriakou. It’s an insult to all of these people, and the suffering they’ve weathered, to frame the ballcarrier in the Beltway’s latest partisan power contest as a whistleblower."

Edit: eyeroll .gif .mpg .vid.

the difference between a whistleblower who tells stories people want to hear and a whistleblower who tells them things they don't is quite remarkable, but yeah, that's some high-grade hairsplitting there.

the Kiriakou one does stick in the brain. one person, ever, has been prosecuted for an utterly fruitless exercise in inflicting suffering just because we could. and it is the dumb fucker who thought maybe there should be Any Consequences At All for it.

after all, if we didn't let off all the torturers, we wouldn't get any republican votes on the ACA

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Otteration posted:

Last page or whatever, but:

Contempt of Congress

(General stuff.)

Procedures

(Political and judicial possibilities.)

'The criminal offense of "contempt of Congress" sets the penalty at not less than one month nor more than twelve months in jail and a fine of not more than $100,000.'

Seems light, but gonna hard assume that fines generally start first, including the possibility of garnishment and property liens, especially if the contempt defendant receives fundraising efforts on their behalf. Then time in the pokey. At this level though, yeah, it's political, and it may depend on judges and their want of legacy.

Or we and/or the orange fecal smear just gets sick of the whole thing.

Edit: Corrections welcome, NP. :)

civil contempt can also be X dollars per day until you comply / jail until you comply

theoretically so can inherent contempt

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

That gave me strong Joe Pesci vibes, and now I can't stop thinking about Joe playing trump in the inevitable biopic

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

....wait, what? I thought SVU was the sex crimes show. How was the Jussie Smollet assault sexual? Or after like a billion seasons do they just do whatever now?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Graham Wants To Make Whistleblowers Publicly Testify In Impeachment Inquiry
talkingpointsmemo.com/October 6, 2019
"...even though whistleblower law entitles him or her to anonymity to protect from retaliation."

Brennan: Republican senators 'running scared' of president because he 'comes after them with a vengeance'
thehill.com/10/06/19
'On "Meet the Press," Brennan called out Chuck Todd's previous guest, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), who Todd accused of not answering his questions to "make Donald Trump feel better here that you're not criticizing him."

"Clearly Sen. Johnson is running scared of Donald Trump as are the other Republican senators because if they say anything against him, he comes after them with a vengeance," Brennan said.'

Thousands of Hong Kong Protesters Ignore Mask Ban as Violence Resumes
finance.yahoo.com/October 6, 2019
"(Bloomberg) -- Violence escalated in Hong Kong as protesters set fires and vandalized train stations and banks, pushing back against government efforts to quell demonstrations when it invoked a colonial-era emergency law."

My partner was fired for being gay. The Supreme Court can't set a pro-bigotry precedent.
usatoday.com/Oct. 3, 2019
"My husband was a man who loved another man — me. To argue that his firing doesn't violate employment protections against sex discrimination is absurd."

ABC News video: Eric Garner's Wife on Forgiving Officer Pantaleo: 'Hell No'

Edit: Preview is not Save. Pax.

Otteration fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 7, 2019

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

....wait, what? I thought SVU was the sex crimes show. How was the Jussie Smollet assault sexual? Or after like a billion seasons do they just do whatever now?

Yeah, they didn't really explain it other than this nasty actor daring to tarnish the reputation of the police, oh no.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

:hmmyes:

As someone due to have a steadily disintegrating wisdom tooth yanked, none of these stories fill me with any degree of confidence.

Its fine with high dose ibprofin and acetametaphin. Alternate so the dose of one is always covering you when the other will wear off. I did mine that way. My wife did her c-section that way.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

They do whatever for a long time now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Has been floating around FB (sorry), but yep, and there's is more. And is good and truthy.