Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Rinkles posted:

Sorry, how do I find her?

She's in the hangar on the east side of the Tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Thanks. And yup, gotta restart from the beginning. Whole thing’s a little user unfriendly.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rinkles posted:

Thanks. And yup, gotta restart from the beginning. Whole thing’s a little user unfriendly.

Welcome to loving destiny lmao

I can’t even imagine trying to play this game as a fresh player.

I’ve played a completely unnecessary amount of hours of Destiny and the second I stopped paying sperg levels of attention to it became a complete Jory, I have no idea what’s going on and have to ask about everything.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Now I just kick it with dads and dad adjacent bros in PvE while whoever else is in the zone probably laughs at my load out

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
You’re on Xbox right? I need to join in with y’all, as I definitely fall under the dad adjacent side of things.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Eh, since I have to redo the missions, thought I’d at least get the exotic rewards. But after finishing the Titan missions I’m just booted back to space.

Random question, does Destiny have transmogs?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Daric posted:

Y'all can correct me if I'm mistaken but I'm pretty sure Bungie's plan now that they're away from Activision is to slowly release content over the course of the season. So they'll probably add onto the story with that.

PathAsc posted:

Is exactly that.

Can't wait to see Bungie failing to deliver extra normal missions to the Skeep campaign (putting all new lore and story behind three manned hard mode exotic quests), to see Reddit LIVID about that and promising Bungie that nobody would play another Bungie game on launch again.

Seriously the Skeep campaign is becoming something like a "10 years franchise mmo" / "there you have your sequel game we never meant a 10 years mmo" situation.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Lol. Moist, of all the gif posters bother in here and in slack I love you the most. You’re always posting the massive owns and hilarious glitch deaths.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

limaCAT posted:

Can't wait to see Bungie failing to deliver extra normal missions to the Skeep campaign (putting all new lore and story behind three manned hard mode exotic quests), to see Reddit LIVID about that and promising Bungie that nobody would play another Bungie game on launch again.

Seriously the Skeep campaign is becoming something like a "10 years franchise mmo" / "there you have your sequel game we never meant a 10 years mmo" situation.

Yeah, that sounds exactly like them currently. The downward spiral never ends!

Once again, I can't wait until they sell this to 343 studios and get the game we wanted lol.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PathAsc posted:

I'm not out of sk ~content~ yet, but when I am it's straight back to farming up poo poo for gimmick builds. First one being double light reactor/geomag with as high int as I can get because never not voop

I feel torn. On the one hand, Vex Offensive is pretty fun, and makes it rain purples.

On the other hand, I still haven’t found a single new gun I really want to grind for. Season of the Drifter? Spare Rations and 1k Voices. Opulence? Austringer and Beloved.

This season? Ehhhh.... nothing really new or OP.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Fly Molo posted:

I feel torn. On the one hand, Vex Offensive is pretty fun, and makes it rain purples.

On the other hand, I still haven’t found a single new gun I really want to grind for. Season of the Drifter? Spare Rations and 1k Voices. Opulence? Austringer and Beloved.

My dude, new trace rifle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQp0pKg-QjQ

This was just posted, so there's not many out there in the wild yet but it looks fun

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

so, upgrade modules are a new feature introduced when the game went f2p? infusing used to be much more straightforward (iirc).

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Rinkles posted:

so, upgrade modules are a new feature introduced when the game went f2p? infusing used to be much more straightforward (iirc).

Gotta stretch out that gameplay loop

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PathAsc posted:

My dude, new trace rifle

This was just posted, so there's not many out there in the wild yet but it looks fun

The new exotics are pretty cool, but all the new legendary guns just seem... boring.

The void G-horn knockoff exotic is pretty cool, it rips in Gambit invasions.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

PathAsc posted:

I'm not out of sk ~content~ yet, but when I am it's straight back to farming up poo poo for gimmick builds. First one being double light reactor/geomag with as high int as I can get because never not voop

Does it stack?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Infusion is way easier now. No more dumb ol' planetary materials or enhancement cores. Buy upgrade modules on the CHEAPY cheap. It's a good change.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I fell out of Destiny 2 right before doing the first RAID and everything has been God drat incomprehensible to get back into. I still cannot fathom why the new tower is strung together with a bunch of God drat blind stairwells. If I have to get to the Drifter, I just fast travel over.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Infusion is way easier now. No more dumb ol' planetary materials or enhancement cores. Buy upgrade modules on the CHEAPY cheap. It's a good change.

Yeah, and infusing same name gear is only 1,000 which is cheap as heck! It’s a great way of bringing your god rolls forward as you get newer higher light drops of the same stuff.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Captain Log posted:

I fell out of Destiny 2 right before doing the first RAID and everything has been God drat incomprehensible to get back into. I still cannot fathom why the new tower is strung together with a bunch of God drat blind stairwells. If I have to get to the Drifter, I just fast travel over.

these stairs are hidden loading screens

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

CheeseFactory posted:

Does it stack?

I loving hope so

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

PathAsc posted:

My dude, new trace rifle

What’s the pulse he’s using in this? Is that the eris one?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Emron posted:

What’s the pulse he’s using in this? Is that the eris one?

Looks like the one from the raid, there is no eris/moon pulse rifle yet because it drops from the dungeon.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Eh, since I have to redo the missions, thought I’d at least get the exotic rewards. But after finishing the Titan missions I’m just booted back to space

Oh bungie apparently just straight up removed those mission rewards

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Fly Molo posted:

Raid has an aggressive frame pulse with very high range that can roll rapid hit+kill clip. The grenade launcher from Eris' altar can get spike grenades+rangefinder+full court. Plus trying to get good armor rolls can potentially pay off; if you can get your mobility up to tier 5 + lightweight frame (lol mountaintop + recluse) it's like using Stompees without requiring an exotic.

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
Is there a reason on 3 straight runs of Bergusia Forge the team damage output slowed to a crawl when the boss had 5% health left, leading to a loss? I didn't play the forges until I was well over power level for them, so I don't know if this is what it was like when they first came out, if it's new, or if the change in power-level math has made the forge a lot harder

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Why did I have to do the same mission in order to shoot those pesky vex in the chest a lot?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

heckyeahpathy posted:

Is there a reason on 3 straight runs of Bergusia Forge the team damage output slowed to a crawl when the boss had 5% health left, leading to a loss? I didn't play the forges until I was well over power level for them, so I don't know if this is what it was like when they first came out, if it's new, or if the change in power-level math has made the forge a lot harder

The spider boss only takes REAL damage to the neck. If you didn't quite kill him before his neck retracts, it usually means everyone ran out of super and heavy ammo and will run out of time just trying to get him to expose his neck again.

He's a strange boss in that he's izi pizi with the right loadout and a bitch without it. Sniper Rifles mess him up, as does the Titan Commander Shield

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Doomguy pounding on the table and he’s saying DARCII

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I haven't seen anyone use darci or whisper on the boss yet. Seen plenty of izanagi charged shots in tandem with an auto loading grenade launcher.

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The spider boss only takes REAL damage to the neck. If you didn't quite kill him before his neck retracts, it usually means everyone ran out of super and heavy ammo and will run out of time just trying to get him to expose his neck again.

He's a strange boss in that he's izi pizi with the right loadout and a bitch without it. Sniper Rifles mess him up, as does the Titan Commander Shield

Good to know! I've run it a dozen times before the power recalibration and never noticed, and with everyone sorting out their new loadouts it's no surprise pubbies (and me) are failing at it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Since the old campaign no longer gives rewards, what’s the recommended path for a newcomer?

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Rinkles posted:

Random question, does Destiny have transmogs?

Kinda?

From what I can tell you can transmog some pieces of armor but not all. I get the option to change the appearance of armor with an Eververse set I have unlocked, but I can't change it to look like any other legendary armor which doesn't make sense to me. I assume it's limited to Eververse stuff but ideally since they now have a transmog system in the game I wish they'd just gone all the way and allowed people to literally use any non-Exotic armor be it white/green/blue/purple to look however they want. Maybe they'll eventually change whatever line of code currently limits it and break some database or something but for now it's a really half-assed implementation that sucks.

Also that D1 strike-exclusive Warlock armor with the Vex tendrils? Why don't we have stuff like that for the Vex Offensive? It would be a lot more fun than leaves glued to stuff.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Monday_ posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by busted, if everything's green and purple you might be out of luck, but the typical fix is to set the white point according to the instructions, then ignore the black point instructions and leave it exactly in the center (lined up with the beginning of n in "icon").

I should mention the trick I mentioned before did help slightly, but it still results in these extreme blackout scenarios anywhere shadows exist.

Edit - In the true spirit of complaining on the internet, while posting those pictures I retried the steps and it seems to have fixed the problem. Never had that problem in any other game, wtf bungieeeee

Haptical Sales Slut fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 8, 2019

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I'm pretty sure bungie even forgot to add the moon as a viable patrol zone for old bounties like the drifters find planet materials one. They overlook a lot of things.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
a little late there zavala

https://i.imgur.com/jvyOWML.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/6ISMAqy.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

He skipped leg day.

Also the servitors got a new attack.

https://i.imgur.com/6XAXle0.gifv

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

xzzy posted:

Also the servitors got a new attack.

https://i.imgur.com/6XAXle0.gifv

Ah yes, the Servitor "Yeet" attack.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you haven't used a finisher on a servitor yet, go do so immediately.

Also there seems to be a bug where you spontaneously die if you do a finisher on an enemy that's already dead. That's not supposed to be possible since the enemy gets reserved for you when the animation starts but sometimes lag subverts that.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

but sometimes lag subverts that.

In Destiny???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

So what’s the meta scout rifle to be using in cru cru to get that throwing knife done, or anything for that matter?