Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Amazing Zimmo posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of Pesci in the lethal weapon movies, constantly screaming gibberish in the desperate hope of getting attention.

Yeah, just saying it wouldn't be the first time Pesci played Trump

E: VV thanks for uh, spotting me the tax I guess

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

all victims are special victims

edit:

(dogs in recovery images; warning, sensitive material)

https://abc7news.com/pets/abused-dogs-comfort-each-other-during-recovery/1331858/

quote:

Sammie was shot in the head, dragged behind a car, spray painted and left for dead by his owner. The woman then took him to the pound so employees there could "finish the job," according to the Paws and Claws Facebook post.

What the gently caress?

This did it. This was the thing that finally broke me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
so we're just giving Syria to Turkey aren't we

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

sexpig by night posted:

Yes.

https://twitter.com/scottmstedman/status/1181044332519837696?s=21

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1181043939899523072

okay so we're letting erdogan do some light genocide

1. Trump's completely desperate to create a new narrative, so he's doing whatever he can to be able to say he's ending a war.

2. this might also be one of those things where Trump says something and the Army just doesn't do it

3. It could be both

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

doot doot doot here comes a genocide

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

only the part with the people he wants to genocide, though

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

My uncle went into the forest drunk with a chainsaw and then we found a chainsawed tree on his dead body. Maybe the tree fell on him or maybe aliens killed him. I guess we need to wait for the facts to come out.

This needs to be investigated by chainsaws.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

sexpig by night posted:

wouldn't be surprised if Erdogan is now investigating Biden as a favor

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

eke out posted:

only the part with the people he wants to genocide, though

After those people more or less destroyed ISIS.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Prester Jane posted:

It would be completely irresponsible of us to postulate on any possible causes of your uncles death until the official report has been released.

Don't worry, the other trees say they will have a conclusive report very soon.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Erdogan could take this away with a snap of his fingers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Towers_Istanbul

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Paracaidas posted:

We know that this person works in the US intelligence community, which is how we know they're bad.

IF (given an assumed fact) they work in the US intelligence community, should they be required to stay silent, even though they have evidence of malfeasance?

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
I'll tell my dad and uncles, hey, Turkey's about to slaughter a couple of million people but don't worry.

Most of them aren't attached to umbilical cords.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Republicans have been trying to trade Kurdish lives for something for Trump's entire presidency. Turns out millions of lives are worth basically nothing to these ghouls and they settled on "a temporary distraction."

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

gently caress. Quid pro quo, yada yada. Make it stop.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Just call Erdogan Miss Muffet, with no more Kurds in his way

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

KillHour posted:

What the gently caress?

This did it. This was the thing that finally broke me.

I... why would... I've been broken for a long time so hellworld has come back around to be hilarious to me. I don't have facebook, but I assume this was a poor doggy, and then that terrible happened to him, and then Paws and Claws just posted it on their facebook page!? The last part is what kinda fractured my brain. I know humans are lovely and abuse doggies. But I wonder how Paws and Claws could think putting that on their facebook page would be in anyway helpful to anyone on the planet. Like what is my response supposed to be to that? Do they just want to share? Do they want a donation so the next dog shot in the head and dragged behind a car and thrown on their doorway can be put out of its misery? Good loving lord.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

Cmon Kellyann, it might not be the funniest answer but its out there.

Or even better, Jared Kushner for falling out of favor.

That would definitely be the funniest answer, especially if George represents her.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Phobic Nest posted:

Just call Erdogan Miss Muffet, with no more Kurds in his way

So many Smiles to use to say gently caress off, but no, gently caress off.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1180981527162826753

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
So what's up with Duterte these days, eh?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/06/world/asia/duterte-disease-philippines.html

quote:

MANILA — President Rodrigo Duterte of the Philippines has revealed that he has a neuromuscular disease that has led to a slew of medical problems, including making his eye droop.

Mr. Duterte, who was in Russia for a state visit, told the Filipino community there on Saturday night that he has myasthenia gravis, a chronic autoimmune disease that leads to skeletal muscle weakness. He said the disease ran in his family.

Oh. Maybe there's a tiny bit of karma in this world after all.

Nah, we're all hosed.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

I... why would... I've been broken for a long time so hellworld has come back around to be hilarious to me. I don't have facebook, but I assume this was a poor doggy, and then that terrible happened to him, and then Paws and Claws just posted it on their facebook page!? The last part is what kinda fractured my brain. I know humans are lovely and abuse doggies. But I wonder how Paws and Claws could think putting that on their facebook page would be in anyway helpful to anyone on the planet. Like what is my response supposed to be to that? Do they just want to share? Do they want a donation so the next dog shot in the head and dragged behind a car and thrown on their doorway can be put out of its misery? Good loving lord.

The point is that they rescued the dog. I'm sure they'd love donors to help them rescue other dogs in similar situations, folks willing to adopt rescue dogs, and people willing to support stronger anti-abuse laws.

E: Not sure how your take-away was "Paw and Claws kills rescue dogs" when the whole story was "we managed to rescue this dog that was basically murdered".

Stickman fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Oct 7, 2019

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

imagine a just world where mattis speaks up

https://twitter.com/rabrowne75/status/1076993893185531904?s=20

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Otteration posted:

So many Smiles to use to say gently caress off, but no, gently caress off.

Sorry man, I don't really mean it. I'm just kind of laughing into the abyss at what's probably our soon extinction.

Ha?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

I forgot that this was almost an entire year in the making. The narrative going around seems to be that Trump just pulled this out of thin air as a flailing distraction when it’s pretty obviously not the case.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Goddamn it. America once again thanks the Kurds by letting them get screwed.

This is such bullshit. How much Kurdish blood rests on Iraqi and Syrian soil to help us? How many lives thrown away in service of our goals for the barest mention of existence?

Of course Trump would skip out on another bill to be paid. Goddamn this corrupt prick, all for his dumb, ugly building and his dumb, ugly ego.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm pretty sure Rudy hasn't left the front of a camera for the last two weeks. Like he probably just wears a catheter so he doesn't have to stay off of TV.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

What's the alternative? Annex Greater Kurdistan into the American foreverwar and stick around for another couple generations of Operation Bomb Dirt? Just move them all to Nebraska?

America should never have been in Syria to start with. And just like Iraq the US went in with no plan and now it's a giant loving disaster with zero good options.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1181052202540032001

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Rent-A-Cop posted:

What's the alternative? Annex Greater Kurdistan into the American foreverwar and stick around for another couple generations of Operation Bomb Dirt? Just move them all to Nebraska?

America should never have been in Syria to start with. And just like Iraq the US went in with no plan and now it's a giant loving disaster.

America should have been in Syria long enough to murder the gently caress out of Bashar al-Assad for dropping barrel bombs on civilians. For those not in the know, they're the oil barrel sized equivalent of pipe-bombs that he's used to murder his people.

So no. Syria didn't have to turn into a mess. At one point al-Assad only had about 500 troops who were loyal to him but he did have a working air force. If those helicopters were shot down he'd be little more than some pissant warlord and the greatest murder of civilians in a single conflict in the 21st century wouldn't have happened.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Rent-A-Cop posted:

America should never have been in Syria to start with. And just like Iraq the US went in with no plan and now it's a giant loving disaster with zero good options.

What we're doing now seems better than abandoning them

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Ice Phisherman posted:

America should have been in Syria long enough to murder the gently caress out of Bashar al-Assad
Because that worked a treat in Libya.

There isn't any number of JDAMs that will result in peace and democracy breaking out.

Dreissi
Feb 14, 2007

:dukedog:
College Slice

Rent-A-Cop posted:

It really is one of the more stable places in Syria at this point. And there’s a difference between leaving and leaving while also shouting ‘lol have fun Turkey.’

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1181061579988701184?s=19

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I don't understand foreign policy very well. I barely understand some domestic policies. I'm not going to parrot something I've read on twitter, in a news story, or here when I don't understand it. What I will say is that there are very, very few reasons worth going to war. "Get dat oil" is not one of them. Stopping a genocide definitely is. America's forever wars are terrible, but at least this one actually might save someone. If we stay, maybe we can figure something out, but once they're dead, they're dead.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Because that worked a treat in Libya.

There isn't any number of JDAMs that will result in peace and democracy breaking out.

There were leaders who would have been able to take over and stabilize the country at the beginning of the civil war. Assad killed them all and what you're left with now are bandits.

Obama didn't show any loving courage and so he let an entire country get pipe bombed by a dictator.

You can't blow up your way to a democracy, but you can sure murder a dictator who's making everything awful. Cancers can be cut out.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

The Kurds are fairly resilient. Turkey may end up trying to bite off more than they can chew, especially if the Turkish/Iraqi Kurds join in.

It still sucks leaving them hanging out to dry.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Dreissi posted:

It really is one of the more stable places in Syria at this point. And there’s a difference between leaving and leaving while also shouting ‘lol have fun Turkey.’
I mean short of giving the Kurds an a-bomb on the way out the Turks were always going to do their level best to murder them all the second the last American got on a plane.

The only real alternative would be to stay until Erdogan drops dead and hope the next insane dictator in charge of Turkey has something better to do than try for a genocide speedrun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

TulliusCicero posted:

"Evilly?"

Are we 10 years old now?

Also Donny literally thinks treason is "they don't like me" doesn't he?

Precisely how long has Trump been known for the childish nicknames? It's like he's a bully that peaked in middle school but hey, it worked then so it must work now!

There's no creativity, it's just "a thing happened" and the most basic of name-calling.