Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

This is awesome. :allears:

re:

https://twitter.com/LabasOfficiel/status/1180567778350243843?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
look, good on them for staying the night but they gotta get the Extinction Rebellion goobers in line, because look at those nerds diligently erasing the anti-cop graffiti

https://twitter.com/YahooActuFR/status/1180517446148640768

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

ElNarez posted:

look, good on them for staying the night but they gotta get the Extinction Rebellion goobers in line, because look at those nerds diligently erasing the anti-cop graffiti

They might be idealistic nerds and their non-violent stance is (very) debatable but gathering such a broad spectrum of people is a victory in itself. There's vests, Ext-Rebellion, Justice et vérité pour Adama... Really good stuff.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

They might be idealistic nerds and their non-violent stance is (very) debatable
Greens are just liberals finally realizing liberalism hosed them over. To quote the last Chapo "it's like seeing the trash collectors empty all your eco trash cans in the exact same trunk in the back of the garbage truck".

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

They might be idealistic nerds and their non-violent stance is (very) debatable but gathering such a broad spectrum of people is a victory in itself. There's vests, Ext-Rebellion, Justice et vérité pour Adama... Really good stuff.

being a member of xr france (and having participated in the action) myself I have an eye on the internal debates generated by this action and boy lemme tell you

the idealistic nerd faction of xr is currently up in arms because a couple of « nique la bac » tags are violence and there’s a lot of people who are very angry about that

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

:qq: but what about the image of the movement??? :qq:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Flowers For Algeria posted:

being a member of xr france (and having participated in the action) myself I have an eye on the internal debates generated by this action and boy lemme tell you

the idealistic nerd faction of xr is currently up in arms because a couple of « nique la bac » tags are violence and there’s a lot of people who are very angry about that

I hate nerds

Media and macronists are very upset at a tag saying "un couteau en ceramique" lol, so they're dumb effort to erase tags is loving pointless

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Awesome Flower by the way !

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm so depressed lol

Media is doing their poo poo where they analyse every little poo poo the latest terrorist took as if that's their job or interesting in any way whatsoever

Kurtofan has issued a correction as of 08:47 on Oct 6, 2019

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

:qq: but what about the image of the movement??? :qq:

Looks good to me.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Sous les pavés, la plage

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Optics or no optics the cops will want to arrest everyone

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

well there have been no arrests in relation to this action

so far

there’s another thing planned for tomorrow, i’ll be there i think, even though it’s organized by the nerds. if you wanna get in on it, there are briefings today at 13:30 and 16:30, 20 rue édouard vaillant in pantin (metro line 7)

no need to register in advance, just show up

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

You should recommend them to watch Les Misérables when it’s out in theaters, they might reevaluate their stance on that one. I went to a screening at Saint Germain des Prés (lol) and people were complaining afterwards that the movie depicted the BAC in a very negative light when really... it was quite tame.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Ugh i forgot about the homophobes today

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I hope the media won't cover the hell out of those homophobic protests like they did back in the day haha (they are going to do that aren't they)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

You should recommend them to watch Les Misérables when it’s out in theaters, they might reevaluate their stance on that one. I went to a screening at Saint Germain des Prés (lol) and people were complaining afterwards that the movie depicted the BAC in a very negative light when really... it was quite tame.

is that a modern reimagining

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

well there have been no arrests in relation to this action

so far

there’s another thing planned for tomorrow, i’ll be there i think, even though it’s organized by the nerds. if you wanna get in on it, there are briefings today at 13:30 and 16:30, 20 rue édouard vaillant in pantin (metro line 7)

no need to register in advance, just show up

well to be fair i am a nerd so i shouldn't judge people, at least they show up, which is more than what I do :s

power to you anyway

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
That's kind of a self-fixing problem (if you can call it that) if they keep coming to protests and the usual crackdown happens.

Kurtofan posted:

I hope the media won't cover the hell out of those homophobic protests like they did back in the day haha (they are going to do that aren't they)

what does your heart tell you

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

is that a modern reimagining

No, not at all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VwngY8eE8E

It's more "police brutality: the movie"

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Kassad posted:

That's kind of a self-fixing problem (if you can call it that) if they keep coming to protests and the usual crackdown happens.

what does your heart tell you

Well I gotta admit I watched a part of France 2’s JT today and their coverage of the fash protest was pretty long but concluded with « but they’re not expecting many people and they’re unpopular », whereas the coverage of our occupation was far more positive with very little mention of ony degradations or violence.

We’ll see tonight, they’re trying to get interviews of our coordinator team.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Well I gotta admit I watched a part of France 2’s JT today and their coverage of the fash protest was pretty long but concluded with « but they’re not expecting many people and they’re unpopular », whereas the coverage of our occupation was far more positive with very little mention of ony degradations or violence.

We’ll see tonight, they’re trying to get interviews of our coordinator team.

Glad to hear flowers, you people are a big inspiration to me

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Well from what I gather tomorrow’s occupation, which is supposed to last several days if possible, is going to be more relaxed, and anyone can come hang out with us (please don’t bring alcohol or drugs, we’re nerds). Location is undisclosed right now, bit everything will be revealed tomorrow around midday. If you wanna be there first with a group to come help seize the place, PM me or Signal me if you’ve already got my number.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Kurtofan posted:

This is about IVF rights being extended to same-sex couples and single woman? That's the only mention of stuff happening in France here in Anglo-media.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

OhFunny posted:

This is about IVF rights being extended to same-sex couples and single woman? That's the only mention of stuff happening in France here in Anglo-media.

Yeah pretty much, they're against the extension in general, they're far right shitheads, their security at their protests were fash fucks (and police, who didn't tear gas them curiously)

Kurtofan has issued a correction as of 05:12 on Oct 7, 2019

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Anyway Nadine Morano thinks Mosques shouldn't be build in France until "we figure what's going on with Islam"

I hate this idiot

https://twitter.com/BFMTV/status/1180792349917696000

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

Anyway Nadine Morano thinks Mosques shouldn't be build in France until "we figure what's going on with Islam"

I hate this idiot

https://twitter.com/BFMTV/status/1180792349917696000
« la France est un pays judéo-chrétien, de race blanche », yeah great mind there. The most American of our politician, really.
Also she announced she would quit twitter in 2012.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Why do they keep inviting these ghouls lol

I mean I know why but still, i want to tear my hair

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Judeo-Christian is a just a way to somehow remove Islam from the lineage.

DESPITE SHARING LIKE A BILLION PROPHETS GODDAMIT

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
As if the "Christian" part hadn't spent a good 2000 years hating the "Judeo" part, too.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
another brilliant win for Jupiter

https://twitter.com/CedricMas/status/1181123973981102080

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Extinction rebellion elsewhere

https://twitter.com/erkanallesffm/s...ingawful.com%2F

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

what the

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
poo poo

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ExCUSE me??

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
But, certainly, making amenities for cops is necessary, in order to make sure politicians can't call for your violent repression on the radio

https://twitter.com/franceinter/status/1181088393767333888

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

The jokes about German revolutionaries live on.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Kurtofan posted:

Why do they keep inviting these ghouls lol

I mean I know why but still, i want to tear my hair

It's only going to get worse, I think.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
according to Alain Finkelkraut, far right ideologue, "France was never a country of immigration"

Finkelkraut is the son of a Polish Jew who escaped antisemitism and an Ukrainian mother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

according to far right ideologue, "France was never a country of immigration"

Finkelkraut is the son of a Polish Jew who escaped antisemitism and an Ukrainian mother
Thank god he declares that when we are in the 5th waves of migration since world war one, imagine what would have happened in the past otherwise.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 18:10 on Oct 7, 2019