Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Hostile V posted:

Cancelled my pledge for SLA Industries 2e due to the very weird update about how one day you may regret taking the Sterility drawback down the line, heavily hinting at a very bad and weird direction, and the help of some friends making me realize I actually kind of don't want the game.

drat, didn't realize they'd gotten Joss Whedon on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Kai Tave posted:

drat, didn't realize they'd gotten Joss Whedon on board.
...god drat it Kai Tave.

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

I'm considering backing Time of Legends Joan of Arc 1.5. It looks like an interesting take on historicals with a mix of narrative bits to make it more interesting. That said, it also looks overly complex and a bitch to set up. Has anyone played it? Does it play any better than the mess it looks like?

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Yeah, I'm only in for $15 for SLA, mostly because I own a bunch of the old stuff and want to see the setting updates but... have I ever played SLA? Will I? Do I even want to read more?

Maybe that $15 can be better spent.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

EverettLO posted:

I'm considering backing Time of Legends Joan of Arc 1.5. It looks like an interesting take on historicals with a mix of narrative bits to make it more interesting. That said, it also looks overly complex and a bitch to set up. Has anyone played it? Does it play any better than the mess it looks like?

I bought a maiden pledge off of someone local who backed the first kickstarter and then changes their minds. I have it played it yet, but it looks like a beast to setup. The two base pledge boxes alone are insane in size and packed with 15mm minis. I would approach this one as a minis wargame, not a boardgame. If you look at it like a boardgame I think you'll get fruatrated.

Note, I love wargames and 10mm and 15mm scale. I partially bought into this game because I love painting these scales as you can see from my 10mm LotR gallery linked below. I have a feeling this one isnt going to get to the table very often, it's a tough game style to get people together for regularly in my experience. That said, I am currently into the 1.5 kickstarter for $300.

10mm middle earth minis album:
http://facebook.com/matt.shoemaker.332/albums/10155310715035316/

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

*zot*

Could be misconstrued.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
I've backed this, bunch of mates played it at Expo (I missed out as I was working!) and loved it, so in I go! A small company as well, so all the thumbs up.

Short, 20ish minute games are all I can handle at the moment!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eaststreetgames/mob-sitters-the-game-of-babysitting-for-the-mob

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
Also the Midblight one I posted earlier is going nicely, just a few days left!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/midblightminiatures/journey-into-midblight/comments

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I full do not understand how this can possibly work, but the pledge for the Evil Dead 2 boardgame, which I had fully written off as a lost cause was fully reinvigorated by a second kickstarter campaign by Jasco (that I ignored - I really didn't think they would succeed!) and actually sent out 'tell us your address so we can ship your game' emails last week. So that's cool I guess.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Ultraviolet Grasslands just dropped their digital edition to backers only a couple of months late. It's gorgeous, there's color art on all but a handful of pages. Glancing at art, tables, and maps shows this to be the psychedelic RPG setting they promised. I think you hosed up if you didn't back this.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

mllaneza posted:

Ultraviolet Grasslands just dropped their digital edition to backers only a couple of months late. It's gorgeous, there's color art on all but a handful of pages. Glancing at art, tables, and maps shows this to be the psychedelic RPG setting they promised. I think you hosed up if you didn't back this.

...or you can buy it from their site in due course?

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
You can actually buy it from their site as the digital pdf already. And it´s still gorgeous ^^

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Memnaelar posted:

...or you can buy it from their site in due course?

You can buy it (as a pdf) now. It’s just a little more expensive.

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandypuggames/disposable-heroes-0/posts/2645415

Disposable Heroes has about a week to go, and still needs a little more juice. They're offering some rewards for spreading the game around with a description of what you like about it (art, mechanics, etc) as a way to entice more people to back it. Not a bad move really.

Love the art, and the quick replacement of heroes is funny as heck to me.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

ZRM posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandypuggames/disposable-heroes-0/posts/2645415

Disposable Heroes has about a week to go, and still needs a little more juice. They're offering some rewards for spreading the game around with a description of what you like about it (art, mechanics, etc) as a way to entice more people to back it. Not a bad move really.

I love the idea and I'd be backing but last I checked the shipping to Canada was real expensive and so I didn't go for it. (Unless I'm misremembering) But it does look very cool!

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

ZRM posted:

Message me on Kickstarter so I can mark you down for bonus stuff ;)

Jimbozig posted:

I love the idea and I'd be backing but last I checked the shipping to Canada was real expensive and so I didn't go for it. (Unless I'm misremembering) But it does look very cool!

Worse, we're not even shipping to Canada unfortunately, I talked about it a bit earlier in the thread but there was just no way to make the international shipping a viable option for us. We did add PnP options for international people, but I do understand why that's not as appealing as the physical cards. It's def. a game that benefits from the tactile experience.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
One of those benighted Canadians here. Tweeted your campaign page, in hopes that my negligible clout might help some.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Aw :(

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1262568438/gratuitous-anime-gimmick-order/posts/2646226

Lunatic Sledge had to abandon his kickstarter for Gratuitous Anime Gimmick: ORDER. That's a shame, I was just now finally deciding to commit to running a campaign of the base game and I've been trying to round up people for it to try and show off GAG some.

I'm sorry that everything didn't work out as planned. I hope everybody is understanding given the circumstances. We're here for you and if you ever want to talk, send me a message. Venting does the body, mind, and spirit good.

I appreciate the hard work you put in regardless of the end result. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed that I won't see the end result, but that's just life and no reasonable or sane person will hold what happened against you. If you ever return to working on GAG, I look forward to it, but I sincerely wish you the best and I hope that you're able to rest up now that this weight has hopefully been lifted off of your shoulders. I'm sure everybody in this thread who backed the project shares the same sentiments. Get well soon.

Hostile V posted:

It's under "A World On The Brink" in the campaign pitch on Kickstarter.

Is the bug the only reason they're leaving? I thought that the bug thing was an actual issue that we would have to fear in real life, permafrost thawing out and releasing ancient illnesses that our bodies wouldn't have a chance to fight against. Not that the rest of it makes anymore sense than that, though rich people doing dumb poo poo instead of using what they have to fix the situation is pretty realistic lol

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Jimbozig posted:

I’m going to forward mine, and am happy to relay yours from Toronto as well once they wend their way through the postal systems. PM me if you’d like the forwarding address and I’ll bundle them together.

Bieeanshee posted:

One of those benighted Canadians here. Tweeted your campaign page, in hopes that my negligible clout might help some.

Same.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

FirstAidKite posted:

Aw :(

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1262568438/gratuitous-anime-gimmick-order/posts/2646226

Lunatic Sledge had to abandon his kickstarter for Gratuitous Anime Gimmick: ORDER. That's a shame, I was just now finally deciding to commit to running a campaign of the base game and I've been trying to round up people for it to try and show off GAG some.

While this is unfortunate, I really appreciate the situation just being laid out like this. While creators flake out more than I would like on these kinds of projects, things happen and sometimes projects just die. I wish every creator was as honest.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Yeah, I much prefer 'sorry folks, I hosed this one' updates to Golden-Bell-style updates.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm kind of intrigued by the Hyper Light Drifter RPG kickstarter, but I don't know that the system sounds that solid. Might be worth picking up the setting book, though.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

potatocubed posted:

Yeah, I much prefer 'sorry folks, I hosed this one' updates to Golden-Bell-style updates.
I respect when people do that, and respect even more when they have the self-understanding to say "my creative process isn't compatible with the demands of crowdfunding, so I won't do crowdfunding again".

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Any seasoned Kickstarter veterans have anything to say about Oathsworn?

My group has finished the main Gloomhaven campaign and have started on the expansion. Two of us have played about 12 sessions of KDM with a friend who has that and we've enjoyed it so this looks similar.

I wonder if getting the mini version of this plus the armory pack for $250 means I should just splurge for KDM at $400 instead.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

KingKapalone posted:

My group has finished the main Gloomhaven campaign and have started on the expansion. Two of us have played about 12 sessions of KDM with a friend who has that and we've enjoyed it so this looks similar.

I wonder if getting the mini version of this plus the armory pack for $250 means I should just splurge for KDM at $400 instead.

don't buy the loving rape game

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I feel like maybe you could elaborate on that.

E: oh kingdom death. I misread you as saying Oathsworn was also a rape game.

moths fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 8, 2019

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Arivia posted:

don't buy the loving rape game

I assume this refers to KDM and not Oathsworn, right? The latter looks interesting and I’m considering backing, but it doesn’t look like there’s anything objectionable at first glance.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Vidmaster posted:

I assume this refers to KDM and not Oathsworn, right? The latter looks interesting and I’m considering backing, but it doesn’t look like there’s anything objectionable at first glance.

Yeah I just meant KD:M, I don't know anything about Oathsworn.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Rape game? Isn't there just an optional pinups mini pack that got some heat?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

KingKapalone posted:

I have no strong opinions on it or deep knowledge of it but I do love that the day 1 backer reward is a straight up mystery box. Not a fan of the enormous scale on the minis.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

The Moon Monster posted:

I have no strong opinions on it or deep knowledge of it but I do love that the day 1 backer reward is a straight up mystery box. Not a fan of the enormous scale on the minis.
Me either which is why I'm looking at the GH-style "your guys are minis but the monsters are standees" level.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I appreciate that the minis aren't a major component of the retail package and that so far all the stretch goals have a standee equivalent and the addons are very much cosmetic bling for the minis crowd.

As to whether I care about the game, well. Gonna have to watch some play videos. The theme doesn't immediately grab me the way Aeon Trespass: Odyssey did. Or Tainted Grail or Etherfields, for that matter. And lord knows that I don't need more giant box lengthy campaign games (we've played Gloomhaven a whole bunch but still haven't finished that, let alone the others I own or have coming). But...they're definitely my bag, so I can't completely rule it out...

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Echophonic posted:

I'm kind of intrigued by the Hyper Light Drifter RPG kickstarter, but I don't know that the system sounds that solid. Might be worth picking up the setting book, though.

A friend of mine is the driving force behind this and he does real quality work. He also put together the Baby Bestiary for 5e, if anyone is familiar with that. Dude has been hitting the pavement for theist 5-10 years in the independent RPG/supplement market and if there’s a project I’d recommend supporting, it would be any of his!

e: and by driving force I mean “literal project creator Andreas is my bud” :v:

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Re: Wolves of God.

It honestly does look good, but I'm also very mad that he went with that instead of the mesoamerica but magic made both the conquistadors and the aztec empire explode one.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

NewMars posted:

Re: Wolves of God.

It honestly does look good, but I'm also very mad that he went with that instead of the mesoamerica but magic made both the conquistadors and the aztec empire explode one.

Last I heard, that one's still in the pipeline though?

Ogdred Weary
Jul 1, 2007

A is for Amy who fell down the stairs
The PunkApocalyptic RPG Kickstarter is over in about a day. It's by Rob Schwalb who made Shadow of the Demon Lord

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/432417423/punkapocalyptic-the-rpg

Serf
May 5, 2011

wolves of god is now officially up on kickstarter

i'm still not into the setting really but it has the potential to be more interesting than i gave it credit for initially.

i do really appreciate the stretch goals section:

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

taichara posted:

Last I heard, that one's still in the pipeline though?

I haven't heard anything about it since google+ was a thing. Has he said anything about it since then?

Also it does look good, but I'm a bit disappointed that it doesn't seem to provide rules for playing a crazy celt as well. Ah, oh, well, there's always the future.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

NewMars posted:

I haven't heard anything about it since google+ was a thing. Has he said anything about it since then?

Also it does look good, but I'm a bit disappointed that it doesn't seem to provide rules for playing a crazy celt as well. Ah, oh, well, there's always the future.

He's active over on rpg.net. Last month he posted this, where he noted that next up (over the course of years) are "Marian England 1555, a very alt-history Caribbean 1555, and about eight or ten years from now Ming China 1555".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Serf posted:

i do really appreciate the stretch goals section:

Okay, but why did he use the old english form of churlish? I get this is an old england game, but he didn't do that anywhere else in the section. Just feels really weird