Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Wow somebody notify Scott Morrison so he can give an official statement on how terrible it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah I saw that the other night. Good on em

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Isn't that why a bunch of idiots were complaining about it and calling the goose a SJW?

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://twitter.com/MsVeruca/status/1180257322456666113

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
it's easy to forget how terrible boomers are when the only boomers you interact with are your family, who are not boomers

i got the trifecta of 'cops are good', 'you're not aboriginal, you're too white' AND 'trans people are evil liars' tonight

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

Whitlam posted:

calling the goose a SJW
ahaha

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

tHe LeFt ArE sO eAsIlY tRiGgErEd

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Whitlam posted:

Isn't that why a bunch of idiots were complaining about it and calling the goose a SJW?

Oh my god please tell me this is true

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Zenithe posted:

Oh my god please tell me this is true

https://www.autostraddle.com/untitled-goose-game-is-an-adorable-fifteen-dollar-fck-you-to-authority/ posted:

And it is anarchy, in its way. Kathryn VanArendonk interviewed the game’s creators over at Vulture. She mentioned that the alt-right has begun associating the goose with SJWs (Social Justice Warriors). Their response? They’re glad the goose is a leftist icon. “Anything the left can take joy in and pride in and have a bit of fun with, we love. And if it pisses off some alt-right people, then great.”

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/mrjoeaston/status/1180804011902943233

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

ungulateman posted:

it's easy to forget how terrible boomers are when the only boomers you interact with are your family, who are not boomers

i got the trifecta of 'cops are good', 'you're not aboriginal, you're too white' AND 'trans people are evil liars' tonight

I'm sorry you experienced such concentrated brainspiders =(

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Former opposition leader Bill Shorten says he "misread" the level of anxiety caused by Labor's franking credit policy and failed to promise enough tax cuts to people earning under $125,000 a year to win the May election.

Mr Shorten has accepted blame for Labor's surprise election loss as the party prepares to release an election post-mortem in which he is expected to feature heavily.

The franking credit policy, which would have ended up to $6 billion a year in tax refunds for retired shareholders who had not paid personal income tax, contributed to swings against Labor as high as 15 per in polling booths where people aged over 60 made up more than 15 per cent of the population.

"We misread the mood about franking credits," Mr Shorten said in a press conference on Sunday. "In hindsight there were a lot of people who felt vulnerable."

Mr Shorten said Labor's tax package did not go far enough and voters had the impression the party was not "putting jobs first and foremost".

"We were doing tax reform but there was not enough in the way of tax cuts for people under $125,000," he said.

Labor had proposed tax refunds of up to $1080 for workers earning under $125,000, a figure matched by the Coalition. The Morrison government then offered greater tax cuts to higher income earners over the next decade. Labor offered slightly higher tax offsets to low and middle income earners.

Mr Shorten, who is now the opposition's government services spokesman, ruled out a return to the Labor leadership. His intentions were first reported by the Herald Sun on Sunday.

"I've hung up my leadership running shoes," he said. "You don't have to be the leader to be a leader."

Shadow treasurer Jim Chalmers said Mr Shorten had "set an example for the rest of us" by taking responsibility for the loss.

"We did have some big, controversial tax policies, and we did spread ourselves too thinly on the commitments that we made, that that growth story was obscured, and we got in our own way a little bit," he said on Sky News. "We can't afford to drag our bums around and mope around about the last election. We need to look to the future."

Dr Chalmers said Labor was still reviewing its policies but would not make an identical pitch to voters at the 2022 poll.

Biiiiiiiiiillllll
Biiiiiiiiiillllll

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

This week I'm finally starting a job that's officially casual but will reliably give me 5 days of work a week, which will let me move out soon. What's the skinny on renting in Melbourne? Typical areas, pros and cons, that sort of thing. The last time I rented was years ago for uni and that was in Geelong.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Xerxes17 posted:

This week I'm finally starting a job that's officially casual but will reliably give me 5 days of work a week, which will let me move out soon. What's the skinny on renting in Melbourne? Typical areas, pros and cons, that sort of thing. The last time I rented was years ago for uni and that was in Geelong.

Where is the job and what do you want from life

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Downer is in hot water for claiming migrants are setting up ghettos.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I’m on 90k, I don’t need a tax cut I need a functioning society you loving dickheads

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

I’m on 90k, I don’t need a tax cut I need a functioning society you loving dickheads

If only others on 90k agreed with you lol

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Solemn Sloth posted:

:same:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Apparently there are a lot of heat records being broken around the east coast today. It's the 7th.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Solemn Sloth posted:

I’m on 70k but loving same

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Zenithe posted:

Apparently there are a lot of heat records being broken around the east coast today. It's the 7th.

Brisbane is getting blasted by desert winds.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There was another climate march today here in Melbourne. loving police helicopters wont go away though even though the protests are long gone.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

JBP posted:

Where is the job and what do you want from life

Very close to Southern Cross Station, would like a small apartment that's fairly close by train to SCS or walking, don't want to spend too much either. My gut tells me Footscray?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Xerxes17 posted:

Very close to Southern Cross Station, would like a small apartment that's fairly close by train to SCS or walking, don't want to spend too much either. My gut tells me Footscray?

Pretty much every train line goes through there, so look at how long you want to spend commuting and work it out.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Xerxes17 posted:

Footscray has loads of good stuff to do, isn't insanely expensive and you'll be at work in 10 minutes on the train. It's a good place to start but yeah you can go almost anywhere and face a nice commute. I live in Footscray and give it 5 stars across the lifestyle board.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

imagine actively choosing to live near jbp

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

JBP posted:

Footscray has loads of good stuff to do, isn't insanely expensive and you'll be at work in 10 minutes on the train. It's a good place to start but yeah you can go almost anywhere and face a nice commute. I live in Footscray and give it 5 stars across the lifestyle board.

YMMV. I mean yeah look at Footscray, and if you're in the market for an apartment you'll probably do okay, but even two bedroom townhouse type places are in the vicinity of $650k+. Also don't buy off the plan if you're looking for an apartment because there's a bunch of indefinitely half-completed stuff that nobody knows what to do with because a bunch of foreign investors had or tried to pull out when a certain country changed their laws about sending money overseas.

No I'm not bitter, my housing search is going fine, why do you ask?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
lol channel 7 shepherding some pro-fascist actress through protesters to the safety of police in Hong Kong

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

fauna posted:

imagine actively choosing to live near jbp

Rich people have flooded into every area in which I have dwelt. I am the vanguard.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Solemn Sloth posted:

lol channel 7 shepherding some pro-fascist actress through protesters to the safety of police in Hong Kong

Well what's Michaelia Cash even doing in Hong Kong???

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

JBP posted:

Rich people have flooded into every area in which I have dwelt. I am the vanguard.

you leave, property values go up. checks out.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

jbp is the literal force of gentrification. house prices boom and fall at his will

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Graic Gabtar posted:

you leave, property values go up. checks out.

They go up when I move in and the poor people leave it's great.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Anidav posted:

Former opposition leader Bill Shorten says he "misread" the level of anxiety caused by Labor's franking credit policy and failed to promise enough tax cuts to people earning under $125,000 a year to win the May election.

Mr Shorten has accepted blame for Labor's surprise election loss as the party prepares to release an election post-mortem in which he is expected to feature heavily.

The franking credit policy, which would have ended up to $6 billion a year in tax refunds for retired shareholders who had not paid personal income tax, contributed to swings against Labor as high as 15 per in polling booths where people aged over 60 made up more than 15 per cent of the population.

"We misread the mood about franking credits," Mr Shorten said in a press conference on Sunday. "In hindsight there were a lot of people who felt vulnerable."

Mr Shorten said Labor's tax package did not go far enough and voters had the impression the party was not "putting jobs first and foremost".

"We were doing tax reform but there was not enough in the way of tax cuts for people under $125,000," he said.

Labor had proposed tax refunds of up to $1080 for workers earning under $125,000, a figure matched by the Coalition. The Morrison government then offered greater tax cuts to higher income earners over the next decade. Labor offered slightly higher tax offsets to low and middle income earners.

Mr Shorten, who is now the opposition's government services spokesman, ruled out a return to the Labor leadership. His intentions were first reported by the Herald Sun on Sunday.

"I've hung up my leadership running shoes," he said. "You don't have to be the leader to be a leader."

Shadow treasurer Jim Chalmers said Mr Shorten had "set an example for the rest of us" by taking responsibility for the loss.

"We did have some big, controversial tax policies, and we did spread ourselves too thinly on the commitments that we made, that that growth story was obscured, and we got in our own way a little bit," he said on Sky News. "We can't afford to drag our bums around and mope around about the last election. We need to look to the future."

Dr Chalmers said Labor was still reviewing its policies but would not make an identical pitch to voters at the 2022 poll.

Biiiiiiiiiillllll
Biiiiiiiiiillllll

Biiiiiillllll

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Synthbuttrange posted:

There was another climate march today here in Melbourne. loving police helicopters wont go away though even though the protests are long gone.

Totally there there to spy on you :tinfoil:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

https://outline.com/Vv5Hpm

Bob Brown's convoy hurt Labor, says Richard Di Natale

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

jbp chasing poor people down the street pelting them with brushtail possums to maintain his reputation

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for September:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Labor: We are going to close this loophole
People actually in the working class: Okay
People who used to be in the working class and havent forgotten their roots: Okay
People who have always been rich: NO
People who used to be in the working class and have forgotten their roots: NO

Labor: OH dear god, we are attacking our base!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

BILL STILL SAD

EDIT: IDIOT UNLESS STRONG (Brisbane Strong)