Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"years of women killing it"

killing what, innocents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
she liked the show until the literal slay queen

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

A not insignificant number of children are actually named Khaleesi

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
In Ta Nehisi Coates 2017 book "We Were Eight Years in Power" the author wrote that the only living person deserving of the "black prince" title bestowed upon Malcolm X was Barack Obama, a man of intelligence, peace and human rights.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Azathoth posted:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Eh, I'm sure there's a lot of Anakin's graduating high school soon.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chuka Umana posted:

In Ta Nehisi Coates 2017 book "We Were Eight Years in Power" the author wrote that the only living person deserving of the "black prince" title bestowed upon Malcolm X was Barack Obama, a man of intelligence, peace and human rights.

lol

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Terrorist fist jab

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Lyndon LaRouche was a early supporter of the presidential campaign of Martin O'Malley

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Azathoth posted:

This is what made the last season good

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Chuka Umana posted:

the book title alone could be its own post itt lol

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

spacemang_spliff posted:

This is what made the last season good

yeah seriously, everyone bitching about the ending or character development really missed the point of the entire series: the tears of the devoted fans. That’s what made me hoot and holler during the red wedding.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YHkZg6LInY

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Mitt Romney celebrating the death of Bin Laden by eating pizza with Rudy Guiliani and some firemen

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IumkoOmMpTU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IumkoOmMpTU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

chaleski posted:

Mitt Romney celebrating the death of Bin Laden by eating pizza with Rudy Guiliani and some firemen

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IumkoOmMpTU

Ah, already posted

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df7jOd6HcIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGZqOkeYbB0

Finicums Wake has issued a correction as of 07:46 on Oct 6, 2019

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
It's 2019 and people still support the nation state and controlled immigration

the performance of rule britannia at the bbc proms gets more sad by the year.

Chuka Umana has issued a correction as of 01:30 on Oct 7, 2019

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

corn pop

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4KROpdUkrM

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Those comments are a gold mine.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Nobody knows how many kids the prime minister of the UK has

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
everything that has led up to and is currently ongoing in flint michigan

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Lol brexit

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEvT_Dw9Bpw

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

everything that has led up to and is currently ongoing in flint michigan

barack drinking / not drinking that glass of water in front of that stunned crowd forever burned into my mind.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Chuka Umana posted:

Those comments are a gold mine.

Yeah, a bunch of fascists praising a violent murder. Not surprising though.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
When Tim Pool explained he wears that dumb beanie because it protects him from Antifa attacks

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Someone in the guillotine.txt thread thought "guillotine" was just hyperbole and we only wanted tax reform and stuff

lol

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

timefly posted:

Someone in the guillotine.txt thread thought "guillotine" was just hyperbole and we only wanted tax reform and stuff

lol

We can all agree on taking a little off the top

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

timefly posted:

lol

I've always sort of seen the guillotine as the bad cop to the "voluntarily giving up your wealth"'s good cop.

e: except bad cop actually gets to do it if they don't listen

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

christmas boots posted:

I've always sort of seen the guillotine as the bad cop to the "voluntarily giving up your wealth"'s good cop.

e: except bad cop actually gets to do it if they don't listen

We can certainly try convincing them that giving up their wealth would be a win for everybody. If we told billionaires we needed 99% of their wealth or we'd revolt, and they started hiring mercenaries in response, and violence became unavoidable ... well, the death toll would be much much higher if we never revolted. They are letting millions and billions suffer and die when they have the power to end it, they have more than they can spend, but instead they choose to hoard money and watch the number in their bank account go up. Many, even most, might be decent people without the money but as it is they're guilty as hell

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

timefly posted:

We can certainly try convincing them that giving up their wealth would be a win for everybody. If we told billionaires we needed 99% of their wealth or we'd revolt, and they started hiring mercenaries in response, and violence became unavoidable ... well, the death toll would be much much higher if we never revolted. They are letting millions and billions suffer and die when they have the power to end it, they have more than they can spend, but instead they choose to hoard money and watch the number in their bank account go up. Many, even most, might be decent people without the money but as it is they're guilty as hell

Repent or burn as it were

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gz6mZYxS0A

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
the lovely lisa page

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

"The people of Scotland have spoken. It is a clear result. They have kept our country of four nations together. Like millions of other people, I am delighted.

"As I said during the campaign, it would have broken my heart to see our United Kingdom come to an end.

"And I know that sentiment was shared by people, not just across our country, but also around the world…. because of what we've achieved together in the past and what we can do together in the future.

"So now it is time for our United Kingdom to come together, and to move forward.

"A vital part of that will be a balanced settlement - fair to people in Scotland and importantly to everyone in England, Wales and Northern Ireland as well.

"Let us first remember why we had this debate - and why it was right to do so.

"The Scottish National Party was elected in Scotland in 2011 and promised a referendum on independence.

"We could have blocked that, we could have put it off but just as with other big issues, it was right to take - not duck - the big decision.

"I am a passionate believer in our United Kingdom - I wanted more than anything for our United Kingdom to stay together.

"But I am also a democrat. And it was right that we respected the SNP's majority in Holyrood and gave the Scottish people their right to have their say.

"Let us also remember why it was right to ask the definitive question, Yes or No.

"Because now the debate has been settled for a generation or as Alex Salmond has said, perhaps for a lifetime.

"So there can be no disputes, no re-runs - we have heard the settled will of the Scottish people.

"Scotland voted for a stronger Scottish Parliament backed by the strength and security of the United Kingdom and I want to congratulate the No campaign for that - for showing people that our nations really are better together.

"I also want to pay tribute to Yes Scotland for a well-fought campaign and to say to all those who did vote for independence: 'we hear you'.

"We now have a chance - a great opportunity - to change the way the British people are governed, and change it for the better.

"Political leaders on all sides of the debate now bear a heavy responsibility to come together and work constructively to advance the interests of people in Scotland, as well as those in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, for each and every citizen of our United Kingdom.

"To those in Scotland sceptical of the constitutional promises made, let me say this we have delivered on devolution under this Government, and we will do so again in the next Parliament.

"The three pro-union parties have made commitments, clear commitments, on further powers for the Scottish Parliament.

"We will ensure that they are honoured in full.

"And I can announce today that Lord Smith of Kelvin - who so successfully led Glasgow's Commonwealth Games - has agreed to oversee the process to take forward the devolution commitments with powers over tax, spending and welfare all agreed by November and draft legislation published by January.

"Just as the people of Scotland will have more power over their affairs, so it follows that the people of England, Wales and Northern Ireland must have a bigger say over theirs.

"The rights of these voters need to be respected, preserved and enhanced as well.

"It is absolutely right that a new and fair settlement for Scotland should be accompanied by a new and fair settlement that applies to all parts of our United Kingdom.

"In Wales, there are proposals to give the Welsh Government and Assembly more powers.

"And I want Wales to be at the heart of the debate on how to make our United Kingdom work for all our nations.

"In Northern Ireland, we must work to ensure that the devolved institutions function effectively.

"I have long believed that a crucial part missing from this national discussion is England.

"We have heard the voice of Scotland - and now the millions of voices of England must also be heard.

"The question of English votes for English laws - the so-called West Lothian question -requires a decisive answer.

"So, just as Scotland will vote separately in the Scottish Parliament on their issues of tax, spending and welfare so too England, as well as Wales and Northern Ireland, should be able to vote on these issues and all this must take place in tandem with, and at the same pace as, the settlement for Scotland.

"I hope that is going to take place on a cross-party basis. I have asked William Hague to draw up these plans.

"We will set up a Cabinet Committee right away and proposals will also be ready to the same timetable

"I hope the Labour Party and other parties will contribute.

"It is also important we have wider civic engagement about to improve governance in our United Kingdom, including how to empower our great cities. And we will say more about this in the coming days.

"This referendum has been hard fought. It has stirred strong passions. It has electrified politics in Scotland, and caught the imagination of people across the whole of our United Kingdom.

"It will be remembered as a powerful demonstration of the strength and vitality of our ancient democracy.

"Record numbers registered to vote and record numbers cast their vote. We can all be proud of that.

"It has reminded us how fortunate we are that we are able to settle these vital issues at the ballot box, peacefully and calmly.

"Now we must look forward, and turn this into the moment when everyone - whichever way they voted - comes together to build that better, brighter future for our entire United Kingdom."

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

I love this. So nice that he started drinking again after while still in office. Good for him

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
"Compassionate Conservatism"

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
When Rebekah Brooks demanded a journalist dress up as Harry Potter during a conference right after the 9/11 attacks and the journalist took stress leave from how loving horrible trainwreck of an idea it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Tony Blair hosed Rupert Murdoch's Chinese spy wife.