Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Captain Invictus posted:

I get it, but I just skimmed a tas run of it and it looks insanely boring, it's not a remake in any interesting ways. It's literally just "here's the phantoon fight but now there's spikes all over the place" or "here's the huge room after crocomire but now it's a morph ball maze with disintegrating blocks that drop you back to the beginning of the maze if you don't flawlessly time a corner jump and there's literally dozens of them in there, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay" or, maybe my "favorite", the varia suit is the reward for beating ridley

Wanting to mix things up is fine but this doesn't seem like it'll show too well, guess we'll see

It's actually a rather (in)famous hack within the SM community made by one of the foremost TASers and tech researchers Saturn. The "lol spikes everywhere" isn't just random, they're placed very intentionally to force you into learning unusual ways to move around. The hot room Ridley fight is likewise designed so you have barely enough time to win and is from back before RBO was a common-place reality. There was also a several months long challenge to get 100% as the X-Ray visor was hidden in a place few even knew existed.

A TAS is, in my opinion, not the best way to experience it due to lack of commentary and iirc some sequence breaks. Check out an LP or RTA for a better feel of the content, or attempt it yourself if you're brave :) Oats will definitely put on a good show, though he seems just as surprised as everybody else that it got in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Ramadu posted:

lol i guess TriHex didn't get in for a big ol yikes reasoning. I dunno if this is true but if it is, yikes.

That's not what retroactively means trihex.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

SoftNum posted:

That's not what retroactively means trihex.

I love the "Conveniently until AGDQ2020"

Bro, you got banned from AGDQ2020. There's nothing convenient about the timeframe.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
It's a RETRO styled game showcase they're ACTIVELY preventing him from participating in, do try to keep up

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Luckily Trihex has a bunch of folks coming to his defense

And they're all bemoaning gdq as a Liberal cuck paradise where all speech is censored so I mean I wonder who's on the right side of history?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Maybe

Just maybe

It's bad to use slurs

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
oh hell yeah, a new gdq is coming!! time to hoipe with all my friends in the comfy thread and post some splatoon fan art :D

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

trihex is 30 years old he has no excuse for dropping slurs. the way all these streamers act i all assume they'd maybe early 20s not almost my age.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

It's very very easy not to use slurs and if you can't manage to not use them live on stream you don't need to be at AGDQ, very simple.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Hoip Over IP

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

GDQ is getting proactive about banning submissions from people that use slurs on their channel (this is good!). They just need to get better about messaging people that this happened.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Can someone find that picture or twitter post or whatever about someone not able to not say ooga booga or something like that

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

cage-free egghead posted:

Can someone find that picture or twitter post or whatever about someone not able to not say ooga booga or something like that

https://twitter.com/bobby/status/962169824163061761?s=20

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

You think they'd give even the most casual vetting to someone they're gonna give about 9 hours of screentime to

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

mp5 posted:

Hoip Over IP
This needs an RFC submitted for April 1st.

420 Gank Mid posted:

You think they'd give even the most casual vetting to someone they're gonna give about 9 hours of screentime to

What a delightful individual.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

420 Gank Mid posted:

Very strong closer, good pick GDQ staff :smith:.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

420 Gank Mid posted:

Forwarding the poo poo out of this

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

420 Gank Mid posted:

Did people already forget this guy after someone pointed at his twitter handle, sometime around his FFVII run?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

KEIZARON ANIMORPHS :black101:
Garfield: Caught in the Act! It's a surprisingly solid (if short) Genesis platformer.
Star Wars - Escape from Yavin 4 is apparently a Jedi Academy mod, and it's being run by CovertMuffin! Pwahahaha!
PJ running MM7 solo! I want to see him show off the weird poo poo he discovered this year.

ALL HAIL THE RETURN OF THE #1 VIDEO GAME SOUNDTRACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKt0rjLcT0w

eonwe posted:

piss tape is real

PT is Real 2041

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

DizzyBum posted:

Garfield: Caught in the Act! It's a surprisingly solid (if short) Genesis platformer.

I remember playing the gamegear port as a kid and finding it super hard. looking forward to this

also tony hawk project 8! i wonder if that’s as good as speed game as the earlier titles

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

420 Gank Mid posted:

This is gross, and FF8 is bad. Truly shows the worst people have the worst taste.

vvv My guess is someone that takes great pride in arguing over the internet and being v mad re: video games SJW :words:

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 7, 2019

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
wtf is a Fallacy hunter

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
are they like friends with the MILF hunter

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Suspicious Dish posted:

Its kinda like someone who plays a lot of monster hunter, you don't want to interact with them

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Suspicious Dish posted:

that's the dream i suppose

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

He's apparently a VOX party chud, but I don't know a lot about Spain's politics to know how chuddy VOX is (the answer is probably "very")

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Yup.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Suspicious Dish posted:

wtf is a Fallacy hunter

I'm assuming it's a reddit arguer who is more than happy to link you 4hour abusive youtube to backup their points, but will yell "appeal to authority" at the top of their anytime you ever reference someone else's work; and then claim victory.

Sounds like a peach.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
was going to copy paste my probe from crying about agdq 2015 but i messed up the timing .

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Suspicious Dish posted:

you're thinking of the phallusy hunter

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Phallusy Star II any%

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

420 Gank Mid posted:

ahh, a really lovely person likes a really lovely game, a match made in heaven

Healbot posted:

Did people already forget this guy after someone pointed at his twitter handle, sometime around his FFVII run?

no this guy did ff9, the ff7 crew were pure and good

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
so how do we get that rear end in a top hat dropped / replaced

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
well if it's anything like before, you don't.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
"Ad Hominem" I shriek at the foolish feminazis, each fallacy only adding to the horde of argument trophies in my grisly mind palace.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

so how do we get that rear end in a top hat dropped / replaced

gdq had to have their arm twisted into banning runners that were literally advocating solutions to The Jewish Question, there's no way this dude gets dropped or replaced lmao

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah i have no confidence

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Get them to say a slur two years ago, that'll do the trick.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

McFrugal posted:

Get them to say a slur two years ago, that'll do the trick.

they could say a slur during the stream and not get in trouble unless massive backlash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Dizz posted:

they could say a slur during the stream and not get in trouble unless massive backlash

I was referencing Trihex being banned. GDQ's practice of handing out bans seems a bit erratic, honestly.