Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

"Calling it a Genocide would be rude, now excuse me while I continue to wail that Maxine Waters assaulted me"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Well as long as it's only a half-genocide. Look, you can kill one million kurds, but after that, you better stop!!!

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

quote:

The Turkish owner of Trump Towers Istanbul, who pays Trump for the use of his name, was reported in December 2015 to be exploring legal means to dissociate the property after the candidate's call to ban all Muslims from entering the U.S. [4] In June 2016, Turkish President Erdogan has been reported to call for the removal of the Trump name from the towers, saying "Trump has no tolerance for Muslims living in the US. And on top of that they used a brand in Istanbul with his name. The ones who put that brand on their building should immediately remove it."[5]

It looks like Erdoğan wanted the owner to get rid of the Trump name at some point.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the bulk of the income trump had before becoming president was licensing his name to overseas projects owned by incredibly shady businessmen.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Michael Tracy seems like the kind of person who goes out of their way to be as difficult and pedantic as possible. I think it's quite possible to extrapolate from that an accurate approximation of what he'd say about a particular situation.

Angry_Ed posted:

"Calling it a Genocide would be rude, now excuse me while I continue to wail that Maxine Waters assaulted me"

I've heard that she knows Dim Mak.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
"Turkey is well known for it kind treatment of Turks", no poo poo? People rarely commit genocide on themselves.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Gargamel Gibson posted:

"Turkey is well known for it kind treatment of Turks", no poo poo? People rarely commit genocide on themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_WyBR1Iplk

yeah for sure, Turkey is great to Turks

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Might've been an autocorrect error, but on the other hand Turkey did have internal struggles a couple years back with that failed coup, and all those Women's Rights advocates in the country getting doxxed by Julian Assange...

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Every Senator criticizing the NBA or players (but not team owners for some weird reason), should return any donations they take from team owners.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I think you have misunderstood many things at once.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Pretty sure they meant Kurds.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Angry_Ed posted:

mike tracey will always be fascinating, because he is the only known human being to have looked at the candidacy of Jim Webb and said "i am ride or die for this man"

there are so many forms of political madness out there that feel like they were rolled off an assembly line. Tracey is a genuinely unique flavor of nutjob, and so I can never really bring myself to hate him.

laugh at him, though, that i will do constantly

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

empty whippet box posted:

Well as long as it's only a half-genocide. Look, you can kill one million kurds, but after that, you better stop!!!

They are willing to compromise with moderates and cut the genocide in half. What I mean is that they'll cut two million people in half.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

mike tracey will always be fascinating, because he is the only known human being to have looked at the candidacy of Jim Webb and said "i am ride or die for this man"

there are so many forms of political madness out there that feel like they were rolled off an assembly line. Tracey is a genuinely unique flavor of nutjob, and so I can never really bring myself to hate him.

Huh, I didn't know that about him. I just know him for his scintillating tweets.

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Dude gets a huge sense of pride by seeing his name in big, gaudy letters.

A straight Bender "REMEMBER ME" move.

I think about this episode all the time. The first time I saw that episode was in college in Rhode Island, it was shortly after Alan Shawn Feinstein took his $1 million back from a school in Westerly, RI because they refused to name the school after him lol and now I think about it every time I hear Trump Tower, Trump Steaks, etc.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1181258801455996934?s=19

Even the fundies are mad. He's gonna cancel the order.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
Michael Tracey really sucks and I wish people would stop talking about him. He belongs in the RWM thread at this point.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

Disguising thoughtless contrarianism as insightful punditry and packaging it up into a grift isn't really unique.

Tempest815
Oct 7, 2006

FALCON PUNCH!!

bowser posted:

Aren't they boarding transport as we speak though? I thought a legal (but dumb) order was an order. Even if he just tweeted it out.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

skylined! posted:

Disguising thoughtless contrarianism as insightful punditry and packaging it up into a grift isn't really unique.

saying Maxine Waters powerslammed you through the center of the earth is -extremely- unique

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

bowser posted:

This is not how narcissists work, at best maybe he'll get distracted and they can slow roll it or something

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Oh no, if trump loses the mandate of heaven we'll suffer a 50% increase in liberty desire for our overseas holdings AND a -1 annual legitimacy

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Tempest815 posted:

Aren't they boarding transport as we speak though? I thought a legal (but dumb) order was an order. Even if he just tweeted it out.

You mean US troops? I have a feeling they haven't moved an inch.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

fool_of_sound posted:

Oh no, if trump loses the mandate of heaven we'll suffer a 50% increase in liberty desire for our overseas holdings AND a -1 annual legitimacy

Doesn't it affect stability, too?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

While it’s certainly possible that Erdogan has some kind of leverage or Kompromat on Trump, I think all that really needed to happen was he rings up Trump on the phone, tells him how great he is, tells him how great Trump Tower Istanbul is, says he really wants to get on with this invasion of Syria, and those US soldiers are really inconvenient, and gosh, it must be so expensive to defend a bunch of brown people Trump hardly understands, don’t worry about it Turkey will handle everything you really drove a hard bargain with us Mr President!

Trump barely knows who or what the Kurdish people are, they certainly don’t spend hours talking about them on Fox News or anything, so they obviously can’t matter.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

fool_of_sound posted:

It’s ok. We get a plus 5 MAGA bonus from Fox News and the synergy bonus with Rush.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

fool_of_sound posted:

This is so insane. What is the mandate of heaven and how do you know if ANYONE has it?

"If you don't do what I want my imaginary friend will be upset and won't let me play anymore" - Pat Robertson

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Minenfeld! posted:

Doesn't it affect stability, too?

50% increase in shock and fire damage suffered!!!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Tempest815 posted:

I would think that the military would slow-walk this a bit knowing that the last time he tried to do this the order effectively got reversed, but I thought I saw reports the withdrawal was already in progress.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So best case scenario here is that his cowardice overcomes his need to be correct and he reverses the order, institutional Republicans lose faith in his quid pro clownshow continuing to work for them, and the Kurds get to live. Right?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

bowser posted:

The mandate of heaven? Did Trump become a Chinese emperor recently?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

So best case scenario here is that his cowardice overcomes his need to be correct and he reverses the order, institutional Republicans lose faith in his quid pro clownshow continuing to work for them, and the Kurds get to live. Right?

nah if he reverses the order republicans get all warm and fuzzy that he can be reasoned with sometimes

and then he does this again next month

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

syntaxrigger posted:

This is so insane.
Welcome to evangelical protestantism.

Everyone knows that if the Pope doesn't sign off on it, it's heresy.

Also square bullets only for Turks.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So Trump has great and unmatched wisdom AND the mandate of heaven? loving OP.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Honestly who tf knows right now. This is by far the most the military/state/pentagon/senators have ever pushed back against anything he's done and it's really impossible to say how it will shake out.

Like we got some unfiltered 'I'm a golden god' tweets this morning, we're in uncharted waters

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Tayter Swift posted:

You mean US troops? I have a feeling they haven't moved an inch.

There is on the ground reporting of troop movement already, albeit unverified.

Front page of Kurdistan news site: https://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/1ba53611-dcbe-4c8c-b853-a90f3246c9d5

quote:

On Saturday, Erdogan told an annual conference of his ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP), “We will carry out a ground and air operation” across the border into Syria, east of the Euphrates River. “Maybe, today; maybe, tomorrow,” he affirmed.

This is going to happen before Lindsey Graham can write his stern letter to trump.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

evilweasel posted:

nah if he reverses the order republicans get all warm and fuzzy that he can be reasoned with sometimes

and then he does this again next month

Eh, yeah that makes sense. I almost wondered if they ever got tired of putting out his flaming turds but I remembered this is almost year 3 of his presidency and there's an entire pundit class paid to do so. But if anything is going to cause an R revolt it would have to be something he can do unilaterally, like gently caress with troop movements.

Then best case scenario is he tries to go forward with this anyway, military pretends not to hear him, power of the executive is eroded somewhat, Kurds get to live, Trump rages tries, to gently caress up everything like the MIC was afraid Nixon would and has to be stopped, impeachment becomes bipartisan. That doesn't sound nearly as likely.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
To he fair, Might and Magic 6: The Mandate of Heaven is a pretty good video game.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

bowser posted:

Lol are Middle Ages China now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Pat Robertson should crawl back into whatever crypt he was exhumed from and save everyone the trouble of burying him when his coal heart finally stops burning with its dark magic.