Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

the choice between "potentially antagonize our good friend turkey" and "guarantee the deaths of the poor dumb fuckers who trusted us" is not a complex one. this was going to happen eventually. it didn't have to happen this fast, this chaotic, or this incompetently, but it was going to happen, barring a COMPLETE change in conditions on the ground in Syria.
The cost to America to keep Turkey out was nothing, in the grand scheme of things. I don't see the inevitability at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Bottom Liner posted:

So Trump created an international crisis to distract from his interior one. No other way to possibly parse this. Hopefully he hosed himself on both fronts though because no one is defending this poo poo.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves they may have just dropped off a big sack of cash at Trump Tower's front desk

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It appears that literally no one on any side knows what the gently caress is going on on the ground. US troops are in some areas still denying Turkish use of airspace, other places are being reported as bombed but actually aren’t, the Department of Defense has absolutely no plan for what to do and are scrambling to get a clear picture on what’s happening and Turkey is moving forward as fast as possible without any rhyme or reason to try and get ahead of any backtracking by Trump.

Trump just created an international disaster entirely of his own making without so much as consulting anyone besides maybe Jared Kushner.

Is this about right?

Well he's claiming he consulted everyone which means he consulted no one.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1181310448110579714

"This is good news...for Trump!" say increasingly nervous Trump

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

loving piece of poo poo. I can’t wait until he rots in prison forever.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/ddale8/status/1181311819660632064

Delusional.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

bowser posted:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1181310448110579714

"This is good news...for Trump!" say increasingly nervous Trump

It's not an endless war, it's a smattering of bored troops

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Trump was saying he was up 17 points in some new poll. Any idea what poll that is?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Rip Testes posted:

Trump was saying he was up 17 points in some new poll. Any idea what poll that is?

Trump's brain

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Rip Testes posted:

The "Great and Unmatched Wisdom Survey"

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I can't imagine what a letter from Trump to a gold star family must be like.

"I'm sorry to write to you about your son Billy. He was a good, beautiful soldier. And that he's dead is unfair. It's so unfair. But not as unfairly as I've been treated by the Fake News Media. Do you think they'll report on the fact I wrote you this letter? No, they won't. Because they just hate how crazy I drive them!

When you see Billy, tell him his good friend Donald wants him to come to the White House!"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Rip Testes posted:

Why are you even asking like there’s a real poll he’s referring to? The shithead literally fired all of his internal pollsters a few months ago because they were displeasing him and whoever he has now is full on Emperors New Clothes.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
What a self-centered piece of human garbage.

(copy/paste as needed)

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Rip Testes posted:

Nothing that 538 sources, as far as I can tell

Rasmussen shows almost no movement

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

ThanosWasRight posted:

You know while you were all distracted by the genocide unfolding in real time bureaucratic things were happening.

FTFY

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Probably those campaign pseudo polls they use to grift idiots they then roll into a daily 'do this it polls really well' briefing for trump.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The pissbrain literally tweeted out an online Brietbart poll just the other day!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Rip Testes posted:

The one that exists solely in his swiss cheese brain.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

OctaMurk posted:

Trump's brain

no no

Brad Parscale's brain

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rip Testes posted:

The Justin Parscale special.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

https://twitter.com/jiveDurkey/status/1181310176504270854

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Nail Rat posted:

"I'm sorry to write to you about your son Billy. He was a good, beautiful soldier. And that he's dead is unfair. It's so unfair. But not as unfairly as I've been treated by the Fake News Media. Do you think they'll report on the fact I wrote you this letter? No, they won't. Because they just hate how crazy I drive them!

When you see Billy, tell him his good friend Donald wants him to come to the White House!"

Remember his weird speech to the Boy Scouts?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Probably those campaign pseudo polls they use to grift idiots they then roll into a daily 'do this it polls really well' briefing for trump.

Yeah it's probably those mailers they send out (they send physical ones out like the emails the campaign sends out to get donations) that are like HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK DONALD TRUMP, AS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT EVIL, WILL FIGHT FOR YOUR NEEDS AS AN AMERICA?
A) HARDER THAN EVER
B) VERY MUCH
C) AVERAGE

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

theflyingorc posted:

Nothing that 538 sources, as far as I can tell

Rasmussen shows almost no movement

Folks: why are you acting like he bases poo poo on ANY actual real thing? It's the spirochetes talking now. The brain worms are all that's left.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

The cost to America to keep Turkey out was nothing, in the grand scheme of things. I don't see the inevitability at all.

the cost to America/Turkey relations would be significantly larger than nothing, unfortunately. they really want that territory, and they really want to be able to Demographically Correct (tm) the local population. we had an excuse to keep them around while they were our attack dogs against ISIS, but now that excuse is wearing a little thin.

recall the Gospel according to Schumer: throwing minorities in concentration camps is a small price to pay, to stay on cordial terms with the people who want them dead.

it is a monstrous thing that should not happen, and that it is happening now, and in this way, is the worst possible way for it to happen.

but the united states does not deploy soldiers on moral grounds.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Sir Lemming posted:

What a self-centered piece of human garbage.

(copy/paste as needed)

are you Natasha Rothwell?

https://twitter.com/search?q=trash%20from%3Anatasharothwell&src=typed_query

(I like as many of those as I see in my TL, of course)

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rip Testes posted:

if it's like the polls they showed him when someone leaked all of his internal polls showing him down by double digits in every key state, they're "messaging polls" i.e. "if i told you that reliable reports have indicated that joe biden is corrupt and that trump is awesome, how likely is it you would vote for trump?"

they're basically push polls but you use them to see which message does best, but they basically brought the results of those to him and told him no see this is what the polls say

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
I am seriously starting to wonder at what point we are going to find out that Trump "fell down the stairs*" at the White House and is incapacitated.

*45 ACP stairs please don't arrest me secret service

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

VH4Ever posted:

Folks: why are you acting like he bases poo poo on ANY actual real thing? It's the spirochetes talking now. The brain worms are all that's left.

Seriously, this is his opinion on Hong Kong

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1181306217366507520

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

the choice between "potentially antagonize our good friend turkey" and "guarantee the deaths of the poor dumb fuckers who trusted us" is not a complex one. this was going to happen eventually. it didn't have to happen this fast, this chaotic, or this incompetently, but it was going to happen, barring a COMPLETE change in conditions on the ground in Syria.

this is the bill coming due a little ahead of schedule, but sooner or later the Kurds were going to pay the price for thinking we'd reward our friends.

US policy towards Kurds has been to let our allies do what they want within their own borders to them. I'm pretty sure giving an ally cover to invade a neighboring country in order to ethnically cleanse Kurds across the border is a new one.*

*With regards to Kurds specifically. I'm well aware we've given cover to commit cross-border genocide many other times.

Flip Yr Wig fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 7, 2019

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
by tomorrow I’m guessing trump will be begging to switch subjects back to impeachment and his perfect Ukraine call

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Flip Yr Wig posted:

US policy towards Kurds has been to let our allies do what they want within their own borders to them. I'm pretty sure giving an ally cover to invade a neighboring country in order to ethnically cleanse Kurds across the border is a new one.

yea what the gently caress, we've always been poo poo friends to the Kurds but 'lol go ahead and kill em bro' is indeed some pretty horrible new cruelty.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

This has to be some dumb scriptkiddie poo poo right? No way you burn a zero day just to type some text to a close network. Unless it is some sort of distraction?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Thousands will die, possibly more for no reason other than Erdogan said nice words about Trump's lovely dumbfuck towers

I'm done. Completely done. Send his rear end to the Hague. Crimes against humanity. gently caress impeachment. gently caress this country. Someone please invade us, we are too loving stupid and cowardly to stop him

Just :fuckoff: already you demented, genocidal, rapist piece of poo poo

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 7, 2019

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

syntaxrigger posted:

This has to be some dumb scriptkiddie poo poo right? No way you burn a zero day just to type some text to a close network. Unless it is some sort of distraction?

I think the screen just froze on an ad for that Mike Rodgers show.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Nail Rat posted:

Good news, there is literally no way that Trump would take the time and effort needed to write even a single letter to any of them, he's just saying that. There is a 95% chance he used whatever he was supposed to write/sign as a placemate for his McDonald's burger, and a 5% chance he just signed his name over a random page from the service folder and then had that mailed to them.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Flip Yr Wig posted:

US policy towards Kurds has been to let our allies do what they want within their own borders to them. I'm pretty sure giving an ally cover to invade a neighboring country in order to ethnically cleanse Kurds across the border is a new one.*

*With regards to Kurds specifically. I'm well aware we've given cover to commit cross-border genocide many other times.

remember that time Saddam gassed them, using chemical weapons we'd given him, with our blessings?

in the grand scale of things this is a lateral move at worst.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1181307856026570752

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

syntaxrigger posted:

It froze on a CNN promo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

theflyingorc posted:

Turkey lets you base nukes to menace Russia with. Kurds don't.