Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Inspector_666 posted:

KR's Knight trays are great, but a big guy and six Armigers are 2 cases worth of foam just there.

EDIT: Looks like you can get both Repulsors and the Redemptor into one case though, and 3 total isn't so bad.

Yeah I figured it would be two cases for the Knights. I don't mind it really, I have the coupon from NOVA and plenty of cases to fill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/07/battle-sister-bulletin-part-18-arco-flagellants/

So GW went ahead and just revealed what the leak had mentioned with the latest bulletin.

Also the new Flagellants look sick nasty.

Also the new Repentia Superior looks a lot better too.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
The Blood of the Phoenix box is $230 USD. Does anyone have a retail breakdown? I'm not in a spot I can do it myself at the moment.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Also a Blood of the Phoenix unboxing

Jain Zar, Drazhar, 5 Howling Banshees, 5 Incubi, a Falcon, a Vyper, a Venom, 5 Scourges, and 5 Helions.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Scourge- $30
Hellion- $30
Venom- $35
Incubi- $41
Falcon- $55
Vyper- $35

The two characters will probably around $35 and the new Banshees will probably be around $50

So around $320 or so for everything separately?

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Scourge- $30
Hellion- $30
Venom- $35
Incubi- $41
Falcon- $55
Vyper- $35

The two characters will probably around $35 and the new Banshees will probably be around $50

So around $320 or so for everything separately?

I would assume the Incubi go up in price as well.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

General Olloth posted:

I would assume the Incubi go up in price as well.

Oh right, I forgot the incubi were new sculpts too since they don’t much different.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Oh right, I forgot the incubi were new sculpts too since they don’t much different.

I'd have paid $9 more for the same sculpt in plastic tbqh.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

mango sentinel posted:

I'd have paid $9 more for the same sculpt in plastic tbqh.

Hmm.

Plastic ones have... bigger horns? And maybe longer chins.

(Looks like the sprues have five big klaives, two smaller klaives, and one demiklaive, so it looks like you'll be able to pose the klaivex with the demiklaive broken in half and dual-wielded.)

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 7, 2019

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
What's the source for the Eldar box price point?

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

I've bought most of the 40K models that I own from "rule of cool" point of view; Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Knights, Blackstone Fortress, the special edition commissar and canoness, and now the KT: Rogue Trader box - and I've also got my eyes on a box of Sisters of Silence. All really cool models, but from a hodge-podge of factions. It makes me wish there were some sort of rules for creating your own rogue trader or inquisitor and retinue, a là the old Inquisitor game :( Are there any good narrative missions for Kill Team out there, which are suited for that sort of play?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I pretty much only roll with rule of cool these days.

Speaking of which, finished a bunch of stuff this weekend.
A pair of Raven Guard Reivers.

Your mission is to infiltrate the fortress Galuade, rescue the hostages and neutralize Metal Gear before its assembly is complete.

And the Phobos Lieutenant from the Shadowspear box.

Two out of three are done following the painting guide on Goonhammer while the other one was based on the confused suggestions on the Citadel app.

Somehow the first one ended up looking like a geriatric Solid Snake after I had painted up the head. Should've gone with the Stormcast head I had in the first place I think. Also making a greenstuff bandana was hellish. But mostly due to inexperience with sculpting.
Still, one of the better suggestions how to paint pale skin so it's on my list for the future.

Now I just need to get one an ETB reiver box to fill out that team.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Strobe posted:

What's the source for the Eldar box price point?

Retail order solicitations from GW

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Stephenls posted:

Hmm.

Plastic ones have... bigger horns? And maybe longer chins.

(Looks like the sprues have five big klaives, two smaller klaives, and one demiklaive, so it looks like you'll be able to pose the klaivex with the demiklaive broken in half and dual-wielded.)

When you put them next to each other it does seem a bit underwhelming. But hey! It’s plastic now baby!

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

When you put them next to each other it does seem a bit underwhelming. But hey! It’s plastic now baby!

On those models, plastic is a huge QoL upgrade. Those are a loving nightmare in GWcast.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Corrode posted:

On those models, plastic is a huge QoL upgrade. Those are a loving nightmare in GWcast.

100%

Even being able to do proper sub assemblies for painting.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Never seen a sisters army in person, how do they play? You know what, going to wait for that goonhammer article.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

RestRoomLiterature- posted:

Never seen a sisters army in person, how do they play? You know what, going to wait for that goonhammer article.

I played sisters for a long time. Idk how they play now but basically you've got absolute torrents of bolter fire and other mid/close range, dedicated berserk melee units, many opportunities for a mini psychic power via acts of faith and good armour. I wonder how they go in 8th considering that power armour isn't so great any more and they're a T3 stand and deliver close range army.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
Super crazy question, but on a scale of 1-10 how viable would an "elite" all Scion (maybe with some Ogryns and what not but like 70 % Scions) Astra Militarum list be? With Las cannon Valkyries or maybe leman Russes to pop any armor I come across.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

ANAmal.net posted:

:smuggo:

If it makes you feel any better, I trashed a bunch of metal scouts and stuff right before 8th dropped and they became the best troops Marines had. Also Dark Angels were never going to be good, so if you just make them slightly less good but they look cooler (bikes suck rear end to paint), I call that a win. The Chapter Tactic, much as it sucks, also lends itself well to gun-lining, so you got that going for you.

To be fair, the main inspiration for buying more marines was a neat Primaris Azrael conversion posted in here a few months ago. I'm now well underway with my own version, so maybe the urge to field him will get me through the 10 Hellblasters also sitting on my desk.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Bob Wins posted:

Super crazy question, but on a scale of 1-10 how viable would an "elite" all Scion (maybe with some Ogryns and what not but like 70 % Scions) Astra Militarum list be? With Las cannon Valkyries or maybe leman Russes to pop any armor I come across.

not overly, sadly.

Guard are built around having lots of units that can take objectives, and a lot of long range heavy hitting armour.

Scion lists have neither, and just don't hit hard enough to have units that cost basically what Marines do.

This will almost certainly change when you can 'build your own' regiments when their psychic awakening book drops.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Wow I loving hate assembling aggressors. I wanted to take five but I'm going to take three because gently caress building two more

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost

JBP posted:

I played sisters for a long time. Idk how they play now but basically you've got absolute torrents of bolter fire and other mid/close range, dedicated berserk melee units, many opportunities for a mini psychic power via acts of faith and good armour. I wonder how they go in 8th considering that power armour isn't so great any more and they're a T3 stand and deliver close range army.

Didn't Celestine get nerfed pretty hard in 8th? I wonder if they'll update her rules for this new release.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

Wow I loving hate assembling aggressors. I wanted to take five but I'm going to take three because gently caress building two more

They are frustrating as hell, op

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Gaussian posted:

Didn't Celestine get nerfed pretty hard in 8th? I wonder if they'll update her rules for this new release.

Maybe they should have beta codexed Iron Hands

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TheBigAristotle posted:

Maybe they should have beta codexed Iron Hands

Leave my horrible sons alone

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010

Yeast posted:

not overly, sadly.

Guard are built around having lots of units that can take objectives, and a lot of long range heavy hitting armour.

Scion lists have neither, and just don't hit hard enough to have units that cost basically what Marines do.

This will almost certainly change when you can 'build your own' regiments when their psychic awakening book drops.

Bummer, I run an all Scion (mostly I do add some Ogryn) list in Kill team and wanted to know if I could roll mostly the same thing in big boy 40K if I just supplemented them with some tanks or something. I love those dudes.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Gaussian posted:

Not sure, as I said haven't played my SOBs for ages. I hope they pump her up if that's the case. I'm going to play a game against iron hands tonight and get hosed up but I've also mapped out a very tricky strategy which relies on so many moving parts that it can not fail.

Was really happy with my last game. Would have beaten this dude's Custodes and deathwatch if not for some poor luck and a couple of bad choices. I'm enjoying playing 40k with some frequency, it's fun.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Black Templar over metal owns bones.

Currently working on a Redemptor Executioner, and I'm using an acrylic pen to edge highlight most of the edges. Is that considered cheating?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Black Templar over metal owns bones.

Currently working on a Redemptor Executioner, and I'm using an acrylic pen to edge highlight most of the edges. Is that considered cheating?

Do whatever works for you and you think looks good. The primaris stuff has lots of clean edges though, so you could give the edge of a brush a go and see if it works for you. I usually hate edge highlighting but it was fun doing my executioner.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
I made it a personal goal to paint all the remaining models in my sisters army before the new models are released so I can go all in on the new ones without any guilt for ignoring the old models I've hoarded for... a literal decade. I've got 2 vehicles and about 24 infantry to go. I might actually make this.

I can tell you how I play 'em, but I am not a competitive player. I usually run a 3 exorcist castle, stack the shield of faith warlord trait and Celestine to get a 4++ bubble on some strategic point. Celestine did eat a big nerf, but she's still very good defensively, and a decent counter-charge. The nerf was basically four-fold: 1) she can no longer double jump for a 24" move but that was kind of bullshit anyway 2) she comes back to life in the same spot, not anywhere on the board 3) if she's your warlord she has to take a lovely trait 4) The gemini bodyguard no longer being in her same unit makes them much easier to kill and stay dead

The +1 to hit act of faith plus vessel of the emperor's will on the 3 exorcists is a pretty decent alpha strike.

Everything else goes up the board more aggressively, usually in transports. Immolators are good against anyone stacking minus to hit people are often more afraid of the overwatch than they statistically should be.

Repressors still have fire ports, so load them up with melta. The blessed bolts strategem converts storm bolters into poor man's plasma, and would be a mainstay if I had more storm bolter models.

Between repressors allowing dominions a vanguard move and shooting protection, and immolators being able to always advance and fire, the parts of the army that aren't castled are pretty mobile, so that's my general strategy: mini-castle, and send everyone else to get up in the enemy's face.

Acts of faith give you all the exciting action of spending command points, and sometimes even do something.

The other common build I see posted online is to use the order of the bloody rose to get the +1A +1S and stack that with preachers and the fight twice AoF to crap out a very high number of attacks but I haven't tried that yet as I am a big dumb idiot at playing melee armies.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Bob Wins posted:

Bummer, I run an all Scion (mostly I do add some Ogryn) list in Kill team and wanted to know if I could roll mostly the same thing in big boy 40K if I just supplemented them with some tanks or something. I love those dudes.

Look, not saying you can't but you'll be pushing poo poo uphill because you're playing the army against its own strengths.

I'm also wanting to make a Scion army to complement my steel legion, so I'm hoping they get a lot better with psychic awakening rules.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?
https://twitter.com/PrimarisLt/status/1181260465143533568

GW's marketing arm has become dangerously self-aware.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Yeast posted:

Look, not saying you can't but you'll be pushing poo poo uphill because you're playing the army against its own strengths.

I'm also wanting to make a Scion army to complement my steel legion, so I'm hoping they get a lot better with psychic awakening rules.

We'll just have to wait and see.

I've always thought that there had to be a way to make the Tempestus Drop Force out of Vigilus Defiant work, but as I only own the one Valkyrie I was never able to make them more than a brief distraction. I've always wondered if three Vals full of Scions would work.... :shrug:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The Tempestus Drop Force is a very Imperium-worthy version of the sniper rifle: requiring entirely too many moving parts and the willing sacrifice of no fewer than 12+<crew> lives to carry out. Use it to put scary guns ~2" away from a troublesome character or vehicle despite the vocal objections of your opponent, issues some orders to reroll 1s to wound, and then the Drop Force warlord trait or relic (I forget which one it is) for the +1 to hit within 6" of the user and suddenly you have ~18 plasma shots (or 8 melta and a couple plasma pistols) hitting on 2s that can't explode and wounding on probably 2s rerolling for 2 damage each.

It's a very large and unwieldy scalpel. Built Imperium Tough(tm). :v:

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Strobe posted:

The Tempestus Drop Force is a very Imperium-worthy version of the sniper rifle: requiring entirely too many moving parts and the willing sacrifice of no fewer than 12+<crew> lives to carry out. Use it to put scary guns ~2" away from a troublesome character or vehicle despite the vocal objections of your opponent, issues some orders to reroll 1s to wound, and then the Drop Force warlord trait or relic (I forget which one it is) for the +1 to hit within 6" of the user and suddenly you have ~18 plasma shots (or 8 melta and a couple plasma pistols) hitting on 2s that can't explode and wounding on probably 2s rerolling for 2 damage each.

Suicide Scalpel

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
3 manticores costs about the same, can't get shot at, and gets to deliver that payload every turn.

It's like an indirect-fire sniper missile :getin:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

How do you beat Custodes lol

Actually I don't think I did much wrong. I failed 5 charges of 4-6 inches in a row including a ravens blade and rerolling a 2 into a 1 and he saved one shield man with a wound 13 times in one turn. Game sucked anyway.

JBP fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Oct 8, 2019

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

They're kind of the midway point between space marines and imperial guard. They got the 3+ shooting and 3+ armor save but are still T3 so they go down pretty easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Strobe posted:

+1 to hit also means that the Scions get an additional shot for each hit roll of 5 or 6.

Extra points for style if your Valkyrie passengers is 2 full plasma command squads, a tempestor prime with command rod, and that new psyker with the +1 to hit power.

Ends up ~23 plasma hits. And you still have 2 spare seats if you want another auxilia or whatever.