Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1181310151254532098?s=20

1. That didn't happen. But,

2. Shake the bushes, bitch. I've seen enough ammo dumped to supply 10 more forever wars.

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Fister Roboto posted:

It owns so loving much that this administration is going to get away with literal, provable crimes because the system that would hold them accountable is based entirely on people politely following the rules.

I'm 99% certain that if Trump loses in 2020, he can just say "nah" and everyone will shrug and accept it.

The small fry keep getting arrested and prosecuted, I have almost zero faith the big bastard will, but don't forget all the stuff lodged in New York, they loving hate him and I think they might grab him when he isn't in power anymore.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

House just subpoenaed the Pentagon and OMB for documentation on withholding aid from Ukraine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-impeachment-live-updates/2019/10/07/cec4666e-e873-11e9-9306-47cb0324fd44_story.html

How is this any different from all the other subpoenas Trump has used to wipe his rear end after his morning Twitter dump? There's a whoooooooole lot of those so far.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Godholio posted:

comic loving sans

https://www.achewood.com/comic.php?date=07052007

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I don't think I like President Trump

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Muellertime.gif

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Hexyflexy posted:

The small fry keep getting arrested and prosecuted, I have almost zero faith the big bastard will, but don't forget all the stuff lodged in New York, they loving hate him and I think they might grab him when he isn't in power anymore.

It's almost like he has even more incentive to stay in power, or something.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

bird food bathtub posted:

How is this any different from all the other subpoenas Trump has used to wipe his rear end after his morning Twitter dump? There's a whoooooooole lot of those so far.

Don’t worry, when Giuliani and co don’t show up for depositions we’ll see how toothless the Democrats are.

He could’ve said “grab em by the democrat” and it would’ve been the same thing.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That's what happens when you, with drat loving good reason, spend centuries establishing civilian control of the armed forces as a paramount principle of governance and instilling that into the armed forces.

Bingo.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
hmm yes I too am shocked that the guy who did his best to make the Haditha Massacre go away didn't take some brave, principled stand.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Fister Roboto posted:

It owns so loving much that this administration is going to get away with literal, provable crimes because the system that would hold them accountable is based entirely on people unwilling to rock the boat that supports their own lifestyles

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

Congress has more weight to act in this regard because it's on a matter of impeachment, so it's unlikely that the administration will be able to tie them up in court forever like they've been doing with other stuff. Political appointees probably won't give a poo poo about court orders (they'll just end up going back to whatever corporate gig was paying them millions), but career civil servants that can be fired for breaking the law (and lose their retirement) would likely end up forking over whatever's required.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

colachute posted:

I get it. But he isn’t secdef anymore. Anything he says at this point is irrelevant. Maybe it’ll make you feel better for a moment but it’s not going to decrease the chances of the Kurds getting slaughtered.

Tangent, kind of towards you but more in general of how I’ve been feeling lately: all of these tweets and statements and poo poo mean nothing. I’m so loving sick of politicians posting on Twitter like it makes a goddamn difference. The statements that get released about how lovely trump is make no difference.

I wish they would just shut the gently caress up and get to work. Less words, more loving action. Screw a statement, do something of loving substance or gently caress off.

End of my tangent. Again this wasn’t directed towards anyone in particular, this in particular is just what sent me on this tangent. That’s why I don’t care about a statement from Mattis. It’s just words on a paper/screen/however you ingest it. It doesn’t do poo poo meaningful.

The closest Democrats have come to actually doing something came because a whistleblower spoke up and public perception started to shift. We need action in order to actually accomplish anything but words and public opinion nonetheless have an impact. We really need everything we can get.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1181322726843265026

Don't think I have anyone here not agree that this is a capital B bad idea

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nick Soapdish posted:

I'm surprised the Trump admin found out about in the first place

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Fallom posted:

The closest Democrats have come to actually doing something came because a whistleblower spoke up and public perception started to shift. We need action in order to actually accomplish anything but words and public opinion nonetheless have an impact. We really need everything we can get.

It’s exhausting. I’m exhausted.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
So are they just firing off every scumbag idea they've had that they've been afraid to play because now they're trying to play as many as possible before the curtain comes down?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Nick Soapdish posted:

I wonder what the attempted justification for this is? To stop Russian overflights of American territory?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

So are they just firing off every scumbag idea they've had that they've been afraid to play because now they're trying to play as many as possible before the curtain comes down?

The curtain will never come down. This is them trying to drum up support from the base for their reelection bid.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Defenestrategy posted:

I wonder what the attempted justification for this is? To stop Russian overflights of American territory?

Honest to God, I just assume that President Onion Dip-for-Brains thinks it's some bullshit treehugger environmental treaty.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Milo and POTUS posted:

The curtain will never come down. This is them trying to drum up support from the base for their reelection bid.

Pretty sure a lot of the base (at least on the veteran / military side) is against turning the Kurds over to Turkey. At least from what I'm seeing, a lot of people are genuinely pissed.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Is Trump just doing the presidential equivalent of running down a grocery store aisle with his arm in a shelf, knocking everything over? He seems to have gotten particularly unhinged as of late

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Zamujasa posted:

Is Trump just doing the presidential equivalent of running down a grocery store aisle with his arm in a shelf, knocking everything over? He seems to have gotten particularly unhinged as of late

this is really a great analogy for what he’s doing to policy norms and tradition.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Zamujasa posted:

He's insane, it's the best way to think about him. He hates everyone that isn't him but isn't capable of doing anything about it apart from making GBS threads himself in the middle of the street and shouting "That's your fault! See, you made me poo poo myself!".

I've dealt with a few nutters like that over my life, there's gently caress all you can do with them because they will never understand when you say to them "Mate.. what if you.. didn't poo poo yourself in the street".

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Zamujasa posted:

It’s not Trump, it’s whomever catches his attention at the time. There’s no way he’d independently have a thought about Open Skies.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I’m just wondering how the open skies treaty even would’ve come up.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Getting out of Open Skies only helps Russia basically right?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Turkey was a member but has been refusing overflights near the Syrian border recently.

:thunk:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

That Works posted:

Getting out of Open Skies only helps Russia basically right?

whoever it helps, it's not us

so par for the course really

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Hail Hydra.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

facialimpediment posted:

gently caress it, I post too much negative poo poo, so have a good one.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1181213645503680513?s=19

I'm not aware of a president with a better post-presidency than Carter.

https://twitter.com/prophethusband/status/1181309642149904385

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Awww why you gotta groverhaus jimmy like that?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

leave jimmy alone with that noise

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

jimmy carter can never build enough houses to atone for the sins of being yet another failed democrat president

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

jimmy carter can never build enough houses to atone for the sins of being yet another failed democrat president

I bet you kick dogs.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

He gonna live forever and prove you wrong.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

guess which president ended sanctions against loving rhodesia

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

awww listen I know he supported genocide in Indonesia but he's a sweet old man just like Dubya leave him alone

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The entirety of the world will be covered in houses. Prime farmland paved over and turned into tract housing. And yet, jimmy doesn't stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

layers upon layers of houses, spread across the lands