Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

TulliusCicero posted:

Isn't that dumbass with the Trump sign at the Starbucks an Act for America stooge?

Yep. ACT for America Lead Activism Strategist · February 2017 to 2018 · Virginia Beach, Virginia

https://twitter.com/EmrgencyKittens/status/1181011762310795266

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

FizFashizzle posted:

Michelle Malkin was the original "non white male GOP cheerleader" in the early 2000s who made her money triggering the libs.

a real OG (original grifter)

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Thirty pages to catch up on but I just saw that Trump commercial about Biden twice while watching jeopardy and it's frightening that stations will play it.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Gaunab posted:

Thirty pages to catch up on but I just saw that Trump commercial about Biden twice while watching jeopardy and it's frightening that stations will play it.

His reelection campaign is spending an unending amount of money on primetime ads, ratcheted up since impeachment announcements. They're running between boner pill commercials on the MLB playoff games as well.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Gaunab posted:

Except Biden isn't the Democratic nominee; Trump IS the Republican nominee. Running these ads can only help Democrats' chances by making the nominee someone other than Joe Biden. He's welcome to waste as much money on them as he wants, as far as I'm concerned.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Gaunab posted:

Is it surprising to you that networks care more about "both sides" and potential capitalist profit than actually telling the truth?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
"My great and unmatched wisdom"???

loving for real? The President of the United States, Or Martin Prince?

Seriously, think of anyone you know saying that in ANY context whatsoever, ANY, unless it was in jest.

That's it. I'm out for a while. No more. I can't loving take it

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
This is pretty depressing news, I've been down all day. This isn't going to stop with Syria, once Turkey is finished a genocide there they will turn it internally again as they've been thirsty to do for decades. I travelled across turkey from east to west on foot / hitchhiking some years back, and it was both amazing and eye-opening.

East of roughly Salinurfa there are very few Turks outside of the military / police, almost everyone is Kurdish. The hospitality was outstanding, everyone was incredibly friendly (especially when they discovered I was Canadian), and I never felt unsafe. I witnessed a whole lot of police brutality and military crackdown there, as this was back during a PKK resurgence, which was quite shocking as a sheltered young westerner.

Then I got to western turkey and ran into actual turks, who universally were assholes who either tried to rob me, tried to blatantly overcharge me for goods or services (above and beyond haggling), tried to trap me in carpet shops, or who in one case threw trash at me while I was hitchhiking.

The world would be better off if we had never brought Turkey into NATO and had instead militarily backed the PKK when it had actual strength in the 80's and 90's. gently caress Turkey, gently caress their love of genocide. :colbert:

Rime fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 8, 2019

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

BiggerBoat posted:

Seriously, think of anyone you know saying that in ANY context whatsoever, ANY, unless it was in jest.

It's funny cuz while you could conceivably make an argument that Trump has some savvy at a few niche things, no one ever anywhere has ever thought of calling the man wise. Whatever precisely wisdom is, Trump is an embodiment of the opposite of it.

Such a weird statement for him to make

E: \/ Ima just assume he means NATO

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Rime posted:

The world would be better off if we had never brought Turkey into NAFTA and had instead militarily backed the PKK when it had actual strength in the 80's and 90's. gently caress Turkey, gently caress their love of genocide. :colbert:

:thunk:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
There is always a tweet

https://twitter.com/rabrowne75/status/1181130383720620037

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I think they meant NATO but still :thunk:

The only reason Turkey was inducted was for missile bases near Russia that could get transported via sea-route and a possible backstop in case things went hot. Another Cold War paranoia relic loving over modern history.

Erdogan should be in the Hague.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

That should definitely be NATO, listening to the Canadian federal debate, this has been a long day. :cripes:

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

my bony fealty posted:

Donald Trump is a very stupid person whom an entire political party has decided to keep in power. Because they are afraid of their own racist voters that love their racist Trump. Power is relative in this kind of situation.

If by "they" you mean republicans in power, than no, they're not afraid of their racist voters. Their racist voters came out and primaried out maybe less racist republican candidates to get them in to power because said republicans produced racist messaging and then the racist voters came out again and voted them in to power in the general. They love their racist voters.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

J.A.B.C. posted:

I think they meant NATO but still :thunk:

The only reason Turkey was inducted was for missile bases near Russia that could get transported via sea-route and a possible backstop in case things went hot. Another Cold War paranoia relic loving over modern history.

Erdogan should be in the Hague.

It's ridiculous to think that during the attempted coup, one of the opposition fighters had Erdogan's plane but didn't shoot because his plane was going, "no I'm totally a civilian jetliner don't shoot me."

Carew
Jun 22, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Michelle Malkin was the original "non white male GOP cheerleader" in the early 2000s who made her money triggering the libs.

As a filthy yellow foreigner I want to take this opportunity express my absolute loving disappointment with asian americans siding with fascism and white supremacy in this country. John Yoo (insane torture loving monster), Elaine Chao, Amy Chua, Young Kim, Julie Chen, the list goes on.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

No Safe Word posted:

because he's not even really isolationist as much as he is "if it's good for me then gently caress everyone else"

in most cases that just means "gently caress everyone else" period but in some cases it means "ok you're cool for now"

Yeah it's just an extension of Trump being the guy in Monopoly who wants to trade Connecticut Ave and $100 for the last property in his monopoly, and when you refuse he flips the table and complains about how unfair you're being.

Edit: Or for millennials, the guy in MTG who wants your rare in exchange for a common and three swamps.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

skylined! posted:

His reelection campaign is spending an unending amount of money on primetime ads, ratcheted up since impeachment announcements. They're running between boner pill commercials on the MLB playoff games as well.

MLB playoff games running bonermercials? That's gotta be a prophecy somewhere in the Book of Revelation somewhere, right?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Rime posted:

Then I got to western turkey and ran into actual turks, who universally were assholes who either tried to rob me, tried to blatantly overcharge me for goods or services (above and beyond haggling), tried to trap me in carpet shops, or who in one case threw trash at me while I was hitchhiking.

Oh my heavens, touring the colonies is so frustrating my dear. Our military bases don't even keep the locals in line anymore what is this world coming to. Used to be we'd get the respect we deserve from carpet merchants

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
It really does seem that finding himself in a situation where he has all the cards and can't lose, Trump is doing his damnedest to go down in defeat. I still don't think he's in danger of being convicted in the senate, but let no one say he isn't trying his best.

https://twitter.com/morgfair/status/1181347517994127361

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/mashagessen/status/1181357890927497216

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

BiggerBoat posted:

Guarantee that was the phrase Erdogan used on him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I feel like everything in Syria has suddenly entered into a holding pattern with everyone waiting to see what’s actually happening.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Ex-Bush aide brutally trashes Trump kids’ corruption: ‘There are bivalves with more self-awareness’
rawstory.com/October 5, 2019'“Well, when you see poor Eric and poor Don Jr., you realize there are bivalves with more self-awareness than the Trump children,” said Frum. “The biggest Trump family scandal, Trump next-generation scandal is one that didn’t quite come off. In the period of the transition, between the election and inauguration, Jared Kushner met with senior officers of the Anbang financial concern in China, with a view to get hundreds of millions of dollars to rescue his desperately failing project on Fifth Avenue. That was exposed in time by The New York Times, and so the deal did not happen. But this was not a $50,000 payday. This was not a $50 million payday. This was a multiple hundreds of millions of dollars payday.”'

Went in for the headline. Stuck around to read the envy. Even made it through the "Eat Each Other, Fuckers" dessert to watch the "We Laid These Foundations, and Now it's The House of Trump?!" morality after dinner play. Stars given for bashing the Hunter Biden non-story and the final line, "...But the Trump family is so far and away the most corrupt in American presidential history that you really can’t think of who’s in second place.”

26 arrested after protesters throw red paint on bull statue in Manhattan
abc7ny.com/Updated 2 hours ago
"LOWER MANHATTAN, New York City (WABC) -- Police arrested nearly 100 people taking part in a climate change protests at the charging bull statue on Wall Street and around Lower Manhattan on Monday."
'"Look, we absolutely apologize to anyone who is personally inconvenienced by our actions. We don't want to be here. We don't want to disrupt people's lives. What we want is for the government to act. We have tried so hard within more regular means and it hasn't been successful, so we feel that we've been pushed extraordinary action," said Extinction Rebellion Sydney spokesperson Elly Baxter.'

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

ahahaha us trans/nb people are hosed :smith:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Look, everyone's lying about us. We aren't some hate group because we never actually told people to kill the browns. We just slander Muslims till someone comes to their own conclusion to go murder them while we deny any involvment

Goddammit go get hosed, all of you. We really need to start funding a "Shoot racists into the sun" space agency

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Otteration posted:

'"Look, we absolutely apologize to anyone who is personally inconvenienced by our actions. We don't want to be here. We don't want to disrupt people's lives. What we want is for the government to act. We have tried so hard within more regular means and it hasn't been successful, so we feel that we've been pushed extraordinary action," said Extinction Rebellion Sydney spokesperson Elly Baxter.'

Why? Why apologize to wall street for anything? Ever?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

PenguinKnight posted:

ahahaha us trans/nb people are hosed :smith:

it's actually worse than that, since it encompasses not only gender but also sexuality and will gently caress everyone in the broader community that doesn't live somewhere with state or local anti-discrimination laws.

one of the cases (that're grouped together tomorrow for argument) is literally "we fired this gay guy when we found out he was gay" and the other case is "we fired this trans lady when she came out"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

What's this? President Deals who filed for bankruptcy some 9 times and has such marvelous ideas of selling overpriced garbage steaks at Sharper Image got bent over and hosed rawdog because he's an incompetent, spineless fucktard? Nooo, fake news man

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I feel like everything in Syria has suddenly entered into a holding pattern with everyone waiting to see what’s actually happening.

Insert hypernormalization line about how Russia's strategy in Syria is to not let anyone know what is going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fny99f8amM&t=8297s

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Arglebargle III posted:

"Sorry we had to roll out the guillotine because you made sure millions would become addicted to opiates. If it makes you feel any better, it will only hurt for a second!"

That's the proper way to say sorry to Wall Street

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 8, 2019

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

'And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply"'

Also, no questiony shouty protesty people please and thank you.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It could be this, but it's not a huge US presence and no one was expecting something like this so there's not a ton of coverage of it. It's going to take Turkey at least a day to move ground troops in (if that's their intention) and I wouldn't expect a ton of media coverage or reporting before tomorrow.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Here's the specific part about Russia in Syria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fny99f8amM&t=9095s

And here, have a female kurdish sniper giving less fucks than anything you thought was possible. Not linking it inline because it's loving nuts.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Arglebargle III posted:

Ordinary folk are getting involved in the anti-decorum, sometimes for the first time. High-five 'em if you meet them.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
This dude deserves protests outside his house for all of eternity.

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1181359846672781315

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Otteration posted:

26 arrested after protesters throw red paint on bull statue in Manhattan
abc7ny.com/Updated 2 hours ago
"LOWER MANHATTAN, New York City (WABC) -- Police arrested nearly 100 people taking part in a climate change protests at the charging bull statue on Wall Street and around Lower Manhattan on Monday."

That bull statue is an eyesore anyways, it needs to go

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

skylined! posted:

This dude deserves protests outside his house for all of eternity.

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1181359846672781315

He's getting so fat.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Arglebargle III posted:

extinction rebellion are #resistance-esque controlled-opposition fuckers, fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

Here's the specific part about Russia in Syria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fny99f8amM&t=9095s

And here, have a female kurdish sniper giving less fucks than anything you thought was possible. Not linking it inline because it's loving nuts.

This lady owns, but she is definitely in shock