Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://mobile.twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1181289021290344449
https://mobile.twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1181289173233389573

gently caress off you old bag of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

So the military, the intelligence community, and the diplomatic community all loving hate Trump now, why hasn't he been dumped? What's keeping him in the Oval besides the GOP dumbass in the senate, who can't even defend these latest two dumbasseries?

That's literally the only thing he has to have in order to stick around so.... there you have it

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Groovelord Neato posted:

the kurds love bush for overthrowing saddam.

I met a dude in a hostel in Stockholm that told me this he said

"I love George Bush, he is like a cowboy bang bang bang" he mimed shooting off guns like Yosemite Sam

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

eviltastic posted:

https://twitter.com/AndrewBHanna/status/1181278677171990529

Lotta very tense phone calls going on right now behind closed doors.

yeah, shits not gonna end well for anyone.

Groovelord Neato posted:

the kurds love bush for overthrowing saddam.

i mean i can't blame them for that. he killed the great oppressor and such.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

We’re probably several hours away from a huge international incident as Trump caves to pressure and attempts to put the genie back in the bottle despite Turkey already beginning to make their move.

I feel like it’s not technically too late until Turkey moves ground forces in.

i mean they are firing arty over the boarder right now with air strikes so who the gently caress knows. trumps a moron and id like to think if any "good" outcome happens from this, its that trump loses more support from the senate.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

So the military, the intelligence community, and the diplomatic community all loving hate Trump now, why hasn't he been dumped? What's keeping him in the Oval besides the GOP dumbass in the senate, who can't even defend these latest two dumbasseries?
Are we sure the military hates Trump? What are his support numbers?

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Rinkles posted:

This is still up

Huh. My bad for not checking the primary source before trying to read tea leaves.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Bottom Liner posted:

The base would literally cut them to ribbons if they dumped him

Also enough of the GOP congresscritters are true believers at this point and a third of the country worships him as a god

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
like I said earlier this seems like a Jared scheme

it's not a Miller thing, he doesn't give a poo poo about foreign policy outside of banning immigration

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Spacebump posted:

I can't wait until we have a non-idiot POTUS. I'm tired of major scandals every week with no repercussions.

I've got good news about the second part

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Looks like he deleted original and added the word "The" in front of DOD. For.....whatever reason?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

The base would literally cut them to ribbons if they dumped him

Also enough of the GOP congresscritters are true believers at this point and a third of the country worship him as a god

and if they don't toss him they lose too.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

So when was the last time the DoD stood in defiance of the WH?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

eviltastic posted:

Huh. My bad for not checking the primary source before trying to read tea leaves.

No, I was showing a different tweet from someone else (the pentagon spokesperson) but with the same message

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Brave New World posted:

America has betrayed and abandoned the Kurds. Those that remain alive will remember this.

He has guaranteed us another 9/11 somewhere down the line as a direct result of this action.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

They’d rather lose in a general election then a primary because a cushy right wing private sector job awaits them after losing in the general. Not to mention the whole media tour.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Oh wow maybe big tough president is actually a huge pushover that nobody respects

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

eviltastic posted:

It's two different posts. The one on @EsperDoD got deleted. @ChiefPentSpox is still there.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Crows Turn Off posted:

Are we sure the military hates Trump? What are his support numbers?

I think if you polled yesterday vs this morning you'd see a pretty large drop. But I'm talking more Pentagon, who straight up said "Trump blindsided us with this bullshit".

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Welp. I guess we'll have to watch every right wing politician, pundit, and evangelist do a heel turn and explain that no, this is actually good and Trump is still the best President ever.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1181285251169038341
https://twitter.com/vogon/status/1181290258035425280

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They’d rather lose in a general election then a primary because a cushy right wing private sector job awaits them after losing in the general.

true but my guess is the senate still has a gently caress ton of mad neocons so who knows.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Dapper_Swindler posted:

They will for sure lose if they toss him. They will only probably lose if they don't.

They are pot committed. They know that Trump is their last chance at holding power due to demographic and generational changes, and if they slip they likely will not get power back ever again. They will literally burn down the nation and piss on the ashes of their own children in order to prevent that from happening.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
We were always going to burn the Kurds, there's no way Turkey, Iran, Syria and Iraq were going to allow an independent Kurdistan. This is just a particularly stupid and dangerous way of pulling the rug from under them.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

NmareBfly posted:

It's two different posts. The one on @EsperDoD got deleted. @ChiefPentSpox is still there.

Yeah, I meant that I should've checked to see if the referenced DOD statement got yanked. I parsed the tweet removal as meaning that happened, which would be much more of a Thing than a deleted tweet.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/PoliticoRyan/status/1181290229120032772

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/JeffFlake/status/1181247417443856384

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

We’re probably several hours away from a huge international incident as Trump caves to pressure and attempts to put the genie back in the bottle despite Turkey already beginning to make their move.

I feel like it’s not technically too late until Turkey moves ground forces in.

This is precisely why Turkey moved so quickly I bet. They knew they'd have a limited window to go all out before the adults in the room caught on to what went down.

Shouldn't there be some NATO condemnation of Turkey?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
what

Pellisworth posted:

We were always going to burn the Kurds, there's no way Turkey, Iran, Syria and Iraq were going to allow an independent Kurdistan. This is just a particularly stupid and dangerous way of pulling the rug from under them.

what were they going to do, declare war on the us over it

having a friend to wave our big dick around was half the point of the exercise

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I can’t wait for Trumps unhinged “TURKEY WENT AGAINST MY BEAUTIFUL PERFECT AGREEMENT” tweet. It’s coming.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh yeah here we go.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/lummideast/status/1181289886139191301

https://twitter.com/ELINTNews/status/1181289397012049921

bowser fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 7, 2019

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Pellisworth posted:

like I said earlier this seems like a Jared scheme

it's not a Miller thing, he doesn't give a poo poo about foreign policy outside of banning immigration

I suspect that after the phone call someone advised him NOT to do this and he's been so pissed about how badly his "perfect" Ukraine phone call went over that he's just reflexively doing poo poo he's told not to.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I can’t wait for Trumps unhinged “TURKEY WENT AGAINST MY BEAUTIFUL PERFECT AGREEMENT” tweet. It’s coming.

i feel its gonna go two ways. either he will gurgle about how turkey did nothing wrong and gently caress _______ for doubting his brain. OR he will go mad king and talk about burning turkey to the ground or crushes their economy.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Guarantee they pressured him on something with Trump Towers. Trump doesn’t give a poo poo about what happens to the US but if it affects his money after he’s done with the presidency you can sure as poo poo bet he’ll do whatever he can to do it.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/727604522156228608?s=20

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Guess the dems have another phone call on that secret server theyll want to listen to.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Concern intensifies

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

you said it graham, not me, now lie in the bed covered in poo poo/sperm covered boots and cry.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

probably the only tweet Lindsey's ever made that I'd agree with

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Magugu posted:

At least with the Cold War rationality seemed to win the day.

Wait what now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

No Safe Word posted:

probably the only tweet Lindsey's ever made that I'd agree with

thats what pisses me off the most, this opportunistic rear end in a top hat knew it was gonna end badly and he still licked boot to the end while people died/imprisoned/god knows how many other horrible things both domestically and internationally. reminds me of the various quotes from the japanes officer class pre pearl harbor. they all knew it would be a loving mistake but they clicked their heels and licked boot until the end.