Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I like how newspaper Peter in his origin still looks exactly like he does for the entire rest of the strip. At least in amazing spider-man he’s drawn wearing a nerdy get up and hunched over when he’s in his high school phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Not grabbing robbers. That's show biz baby!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

morallyobjected posted:

you know, it occurs to me that "does whatever a spider can" makes it sound like he's compelled to do anything that a spider can do, so he should be eating a lot of bugs and hiding in people's utility closets

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Another breaking and entering. Not helping your cause.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

morallyobjected posted:

you know, it occurs to me that "does whatever a spider can" makes it sound like he's compelled to do anything that a spider can do, so he should be eating a lot of bugs and hiding in people's utility closets

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Johnny Walker posted:

Another breaking and entering. Not helping your cause.

Obviously the last bit was super evil, but that's still super solid advice. Harry should be thinking why the world said his dad was a super villain, realize that, yeah, terrorizing and kidnapping and all that jazz meant his dad wasn't a good person.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Psychiatrist: Harry? Hi yeah it's me, Dr. Stone. I just wanted to apologize, you were right, after you left I found Spider-Man lurking in my office and it turns out he listened in on our whole session. Disgraceful. I called the cops and he ran away. I'm doing an interview with J. Jonah Jameson about it soon but his photographer is being a real piece of poo poo about it....

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I mean, Spider-Man is a masked vigilante, isn't he?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
What are the chances of Harry walking back because he forgot something, seeing Spider-Man and his Psychiatrist talking about him and turbofucking everything

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Says the man who swings around town wearing a brightly colored bodysuit breaking into homes and awakening people sleeping peacefully in order to assault them and accuse them of being other similarly suited individuals.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"Yes, I should totally trust you, masked stranger who broke into my office."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
STOP MAKING HARRY BE PARANOID THAT I'M FOLLOWING HIM

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Johnny Walker posted:

Says the man who swings around town wearing a brightly colored bodysuit breaking into homes and awakening people sleeping peacefully in order to assault them and accuse them of being other similarly suited individuals.

I'm really getting on Jonah's page here.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Peter. Just ask to be paid in cash. Come on.

Also wasn't that fleeing robber supposed to have killed Uncle Ben by this point?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
In Byrne's Spider-Man : Chapter One, the Bank Manger took the check and allowed Spidey to open an account. The manager told him that all he had to do prove his identity was to demonstrate one of his unique spider-abilities.

The Chameleon subsequently disguised himself as Spider-Man with a few gadgets to replicate the powers, and withdrew all the money.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

maltesh posted:

In Byrne's Spider-Man : Chapter One, the Bank Manger took the check and allowed Spidey to open an account. The manager told him that all he had to do prove his identity was to demonstrate one of his unique spider-abilities.

The Chameleon subsequently disguised himself as Spider-Man with a few gadgets to replicate the powers, and withdrew all the money.

This seems like an incredible amount of money and effort to go to in order to withdraw twelve dollars.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God Spider-Man Chapter One was so loving terribly paced and over-explained and unnecessarily convoluted. From memory the burglar has to literally tell Spider-Man after he catches him that he's the one who killed Uncle Ben and also that it was only possible because Spider-Man didn't intervene that first time and Spidey still didn't quite get.... oh poo poo it was Newspaper Spider-Man.....

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"I refuse to entertain even the slightest possibility that anyone else could be Hobgoblin. My three brain cells can only remember one suspect at a time."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Being a Goblin is genetic.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

Being a Goblin is genetic.

This is actually literally true in the comics, if I remember correctly.

Sometimes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Harry is suffering from a paranoid suspicion that I, Peter Par-I mean Spider-Man, am a masked killer. It's sad really. Now me, I'm fixated to the point of criminal trespass on proving that Harry Osborn is a masked killer."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jerusalem posted:

"Harry is suffering from a paranoid suspicion that I, Peter Par-I mean Spider-Man, am a masked killer. It's sad really. Now me, I'm fixated to the point of criminal trespass on proving that Harry Osborn is a masked killer."

Does the Spider-Man pointing at Spider-Man meme still work if one of them is Hobgoblin?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Lobok posted:

Does the Spider-Man pointing at Spider-Man meme still work if one of them is Hobgoblin?

It's unlikely they could tell which is which, so, yes.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Here's your new microscope you wanted. Now you can finally see your dick. BOOM GOT EM now I die.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Spider-Man pole-dances down from the ceiling.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
"I want to help my friend with his mental illness, and that's why I broke into your office to threaten you about treating him. I'm helping."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Wait a minute... that's just JJJ with some glasses on! He's trying to be a psychiatrist to get everyone to hate on Spidey!

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Johnny Walker posted:

Spider-Man pole-dances down from the ceiling.

Continuing: The Origin of Spider-Man...

(PSD file if you want to mess with it)

Snackmar fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 10, 2019

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"That is a hilarious pose, I bet I could photoshop tha-"

Snackmar posted:

"Nevermind someone beat me to it"
:golfclap:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Rule #1 of this thread, if you even think about it, someone is guaranteed to deliver.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Snackmar posted:

This is the best thread in the world.

Grumble Bees
Oct 5, 2013
Psychoanalyze me like one of your French girls.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Snackmar posted:

The look on Harry's face, loving hell :xd:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

The scans I get these from are missing an entire week after this for some reason, so I hope you aren't dying to read the entire Spiderman Origin Story for the millionth time.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Haifisch posted:

The scans I get these from are missing an entire week after this for some reason, so I hope you aren't dying to read the entire Spiderman Origin Story for the millionth time.

I actually am kinda fascinated by the slight differences in this version! Look at that, the robber attacked the Parkers before they went to bed, and pointed a drat gun at Aunt May! That sure isn't from Amazing Fantasy #15..

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm mainly only familiar with the very basics so the only time I've actually seen his origin is through the Sam Raimi version, so this version with a household robber is actually quite new to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Haifisch posted:

I was looking forward to the scene where Peter comes home, finds Ben murdered, and the murderer who was waiting for him so he could explain to him, in laborious details, with flash cards, that he's the guy who wasn't stopped by the clown in the red web costume at the studio.