Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I’m literally out in the jungle for hours every week and I see about one snake per year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
plus its flat. i dont trust flat places

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Guam is infested with snakes

Are they venemous or just snakes?

I'm pretty cool with snakes that don't have the ability to kill me.

e: or are they anacondas or pythons I guess would be an addition to that question, I think no on the first at least but I'm not an expert.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Grittybeard posted:

Are they venemous or just snakes?

I'm pretty cool with snakes that don't have the ability to kill me.

I am not sure but I work with a man who hails from Guam and he told me they have a snake problem

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Abugadu posted:

Ehud come to Guam, fast internet, close to Asia, speaks English, currently getting winged by the fastest developing super typhoon in a decade.

okay! Do they need IT?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
don't trust flat women either for that matter. what are they hiding

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Play posted:

:chloe:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Guam is the US. They're a territory with less control over their own destiny than even Puerto Rico. It's a bad place to flee lovely US government.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

What do you do for a living? It's hard to immigrate to Canada unless you are a rich doctor that immediately agrees to buy 12 houses in Quebec or Vancouver

I just immigrated. It's not that difficult, provided you have a bit of savings or a marketable skill

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I am not sure but I work with a man who hails from Guam and he told me they have a snake problem

As in they destroyed the birds, yes. But you rarely see one.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I have had it with these mother f-ing snakes on this mother f-ing plane!!!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iwentdoodie posted:

As in they destroyed the birds, yes. But you rarely see one.

Haha, I just looked it up and found an article on how they airdropped thousands of dead mice laced with acetaminophen to try to murder all the snakes.

It's not as funny as the judas goats which actually worked to at least some extent on the Galapagos islands, but it's pretty funny.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Play posted:

should have just let the first joke stand on its own friend

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Guam is infested with snakes

Don't talk about the Marines like that

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I just moved to Japan and wont ever learn Japanese.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Guam always needs IT people. The snakes are not venomous. The lack of being able to vote for president is offset by the lack of federal taxes.

However you get Tuesday morning football instead of Monday night, and groceries/gas are more pricey.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Abugadu posted:

Guam always needs IT people. The snakes are not venomous. The lack of being able to vote for president is offset by the lack of federal taxes.

However you get Tuesday morning football instead of Monday night, and groceries/gas are more pricey.

I have no clue what time zone Guam is. What time do the early Sunday games air? I know in Hawaii they air at like 7 am. Which actually sounds kinda nice because I am a super morning person.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

I have no clue what time zone Guam is. What time do the early Sunday games air? I know in Hawaii they air at like 7 am. Which actually sounds kinda nice because I am a super morning person.

It's currently 10:50 AM on Tuesday in Guam

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Early Sunday games are like 2 or 3 am on Monday, I just DVR them and get up and watch them without commercials. Have to not look at my phone though.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I couldn’t handle living in the central time zone I would have a literal out of body freak out trying to live on some pacific island.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I couldn’t handle living in the central time zone I would have a literal out of body freak out trying to live on some pacific island.

Central timezone Football Starts at Noon and is a fantastic time. Lunch and football.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Remember the awesome organization that had the awesome position for which I did 3 successive interviews and ultimately didn’t get?

They have two new positions opened up. One I’m qualified for but it would be as fun as the previous position. The other I’m kind of qualified for but kind of not. I look forward to applying to both.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I can’t believe we’re all moving to Guam!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

we're all guambats

or is it guammi bears

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

we're all guambats

or is it guammi bears

Our club team for ultimate is Guambats, we used Guammi Bears when we had enough people to send two teams to tournaments.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Ehud posted:

I can’t believe we’re all moving to Guam!

Not me! Last weekend my wife gave me her bi-annual reminder that someday she's going to move back home to Thailand in some capacity in order to run her parents' business, with the implication that whether or not I go with her is entirely up to me. I'd be a lot more interested if
1. Her idea of "oh we'll just live six months of the year in Thailand and the other six months in the US" didn't preclude us from ever having kids, and
2. Climate change wasn't going to make that country uninhabitable in our lifetimes.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

There’s a chance climate change makes a lot of places unlivable in our lifetimes.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Abugadu posted:

Our club team for ultimate is Guambats, we used Guammi Bears when we had enough people to send two teams to tournaments.

Oh well thank god, an ultimate team I might be able to make.

Also, central time zone is the best zone. I don’t know how people do it in the EST.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

When you shitpost from Guam it's called guampost

:rimshot:

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Oh well thank god, an ultimate team I might be able to make.

Also, central time zone is the best zone. I don’t know how people do it in the EST.

I moved from Central Time zone to Eastern and it is easily the worst. It is really my only complaint moving.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Not me! Last weekend my wife gave me her bi-annual reminder that someday she's going to move back home to Thailand in some capacity in order to run her parents' business, with the implication that whether or not I go with her is entirely up to me. I'd be a lot more interested if
1. Her idea of "oh we'll just live six months of the year in Thailand and the other six months in the US" didn't preclude us from ever having kids, and
2. Climate change wasn't going to make that country uninhabitable in our lifetimes.

You can still have kids, it doesnt stop that. If anything Thailand might make it easier since you can get a nanny more easily.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Barudak posted:

You can still have kids, it doesnt stop that. If anything Thailand might make it easier since you can get a nanny more easily.

Yeah but I don't want to have them fly back and forth every six months, nor be without their mother half the year while she hops between two hemispheres. We also want them to be US citizens and the easiest way to do that would be to have them here in the States.

I don't know, nothing's set in stone yet so I don't have reason to be panicked or despondent. If there's one thing my wife likes to do it's set out with a half-dozen different directions that her life could go, and let time and annoyance narrow that down to one or two directions.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you are a US citizen getting them citizenship, even outside the US, isnt a super aggravating process even as Trump makes it more annoying. Depending on the nature of the business and your work, both of you can do shifts or hire people to handle remotely. Alternately, have the kid now so its at least 2 or so when it is time to take over the family business.

This may or may not be an extremely similar issue in my life and we just had the kid and I got a job overseas closer to her home so if we do need to take over the business were prepared and able.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Intruder posted:

When you shitpost from Guam it's called guampost

:rimshot:

One of the main newspapers here was bought by a mega corporation, whose owner uses it like his own little FoxNews propaganda arm, and it's called the Guam Post, so... accurate.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Barudak posted:

If you are a US citizen getting them citizenship, even outside the US, isnt a super aggravating process even as Trump makes it more annoying. Depending on the nature of the business and your work, both of you can do shifts or hire people to handle remotely. Alternately, have the kid now so its at least 2 or so when it is time to take over the family business.

This may or may not be an extremely similar issue in my life and we just had the kid and I got a job overseas closer to her home so if we do need to take over the business were prepared and able.

lol a kindred spirit, good on ya man.

It'd be a lot simpler if my wife didn't also have designs on starting and running her own business stateside :negative: Or if she trusted either her brother or sister to take the lead on the family operation (they don't deserve her trust)

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
You getting a divorce or what bro? She ain’t gonna leave you to fly to the other side of the planet. You are a good scientist man.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

You getting a divorce or what bro? She ain’t gonna leave you to fly to the other side of the planet. You are a good scientist man.

lol no, we both know that her (domestic) business dreams would collapse overnight without my emotional and financial support, and she still wants US citizenship which I guess is easiest if we stick together. It's mostly that we're both 32 next spring and neither of us really has any idea of what our life will look like in the next couple of years, be it careers, location, or family size. Just need to figure it out together like everything else.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 8, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

C-Euro posted:

lol a kindred spirit, good on ya man.

It'd be a lot simpler if my wife didn't also have designs on starting and running her own business stateside :negative: Or if she trusted either her brother or sister to take the lead on the family operation (they don't deserve her trust)

Unironically either have a serious discussion or have a baby, because both of them will make you decide.

It doesnt sound like taking over the fanily business is an immediately pressing thing, so just get the other things you want or need done first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I turned in my resignation at my job and try not to wail in misery at work so don’t tell me about moving to Guam I might do it

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 8, 2019