Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Except Biden isn't the Democratic nominee; Trump IS the Republican nominee. Running these ads can only help Democrats' chances by making the nominee someone other than Joe Biden. He's welcome to waste as much money on them as he wants, as far as I'm concerned.

TulliusCicero posted:

Is it surprising to you that networks care more about "both sides" and potential capitalist profit than actually telling the truth?

I don't give a gently caress about Trump attacking Biden but seeing Trump's dumb ramblings condensed into a fifteen second ad is still jarring for me and makes my blood boil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/seanspicer/status/1181300138905485312

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Willo567 posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1181353199485227008
https://mobile.twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1181353203465633792

Graham's back to licking Trumps poo poo stained boots

Also, loving lmao at him using the Washington Post as his source - when he was bitching about it last week

Pretty much figured this would be their reaction to the obscuring of the first whistle blower. Too bad this one and only single whistle blower will be our only evidence to present.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

eke out posted:

it's actually worse than that, since it encompasses not only gender but also sexuality and will gently caress everyone in the broader community that doesn't live somewhere with state or local anti-discrimination laws.

one of the cases (that're grouped together tomorrow for argument) is literally "we fired this gay guy when we found out he was gay" and the other case is "we fired this trans lady when she came out"

I can't see this ending any way but badly. I just hope they leave room for a legislative fix instead of finding some constitutional right to bigotry.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

"We’re counting on your votes to win the Mirror Ball!"

Yay.

"My dog Disco can't believe the cat is hanging out with her" tax:

Otteration fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 8, 2019

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I miss Spicey

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Otteration posted:

Pretty much figured this would be their reaction to the obscuring of the first whistle blower. Too bad this one and only single whistle blower will be our only evidence to present.

yeah. they have jack poo poo and more will come forward, trump will keep doing insane stupid horrible poo poo. probably dissolve nato next.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

quote:

And besides that we're talking about Sand and Death. We're not talking about, y'know, vast wealth. We're talking about sand and death.

:allears:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Could they just make the argument that Trump would put the whistleblower in real danger if he knows their name?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

bobjr posted:

Could they just make the argument that Trump would put the whistleblower in real danger if he knows their name?

They are, and trump would.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Ice Phisherman posted:

Also he's a spineless little turd and rolled on his belly at the first sign of conflict. He's a person comprised entirely of weakness and vice. He has no virtues and at best, a ratlike cunning for how to scam people.

he could gently caress a toddler he'd plucked from the audience onstage at one of his offbrand Nuremberg rallies, the crowd would cheer him on, and 35% of the electorate would find a way to spin it that he was 'owning the libs'.

The best part is that he's not going anywhere. He'll ignore any impeachment proceedings, even if the Senate finds some balls and convicts. Then he'll ignore the outcome of the 2020 elections, claiming foreign interference which in turn negates the veracity of any votes for the Democratic candidate, and will refuse to leave the White House. Even if the SCOTUS finds a spine and orders him to recognize the election, he won't, and he'll call for his people to defend their president.

Picture those bundy morons, x1000, at every major federal building throughout the country. Hundreds of combat-seasoned Timothy McVeighs using their military training to build and detonate carbombs daily.

Holy poo poo America is so utterly hosed it's actually tragic.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

olylifter posted:

he could gently caress a toddler he'd plucked from the audience onstage at one of his offbrand Nuremberg rallies, the crowd would cheer him on, and 35% of the electorate would find a way to spin it that he was 'owning the libs'.

The best part is that he's not going anywhere. He'll ignore any impeachment proceedings, even if the Senate finds some balls and convicts. Then he'll ignore the outcome of the 2020 elections, claiming foreign interference which in turn negates the veracity of any votes for the Democratic candidate, and will refuse to leave the White House. Even if the SCOTUS finds a spine and orders him to recognize the election, he won't, and he'll call for his people to defend their president.

Picture those bundy morons, x1000, at every major federal building throughout the country. Hundreds of combat-seasoned Timothy McVeighs using their military training to build and detonate carbombs daily.

Nothing matters blah blah

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Shifty Pony posted:

I can't see this ending any way but badly. I just hope they leave room for a legislative fix instead of finding some constitutional right to bigotry.

it's all just about Title VII, the legislative fix is like less than a sentence long and already proposed by the progressive candidates, and literally all arguments in the case are about what the proper interpretation of "sex" is in the context of that one sentence in. i'm not particularly worried about them finding an implied right to homophobia in the constitution, they'll have a hard enough time with the ruling here

and news:

https://twitter.com/passantino/status/1181388982040444928

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

eke out posted:

it's all just about Title VII, the legislative fix is like less than a sentence long and already proposed by the progressive candidates. i'm not particularly worried about them finding an implied right to homophobia in the constitution, they'll have a hard enough time with the ruling here

and news:

https://twitter.com/passantino/status/1181388982040444928

Odd that Fox is reporting this.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Nothing matters blah blah

i am going to go out on a limb and radically offer that maybe, things are not going well for this admin this week

ThanosWasRight
May 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Can this stupid hick sex tourist fucker not get a loving glass eye for fucks sake what a loving pissbaby thinking he looks cool walking around with a pisspatch on his face.

olylifter posted:

Can you please go Arzy it up somewhere else?

ThanosWasRight fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 8, 2019

ThanosWasRight
May 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ThanosWasRight posted:

Can this stupid hick sex tourist fucker not get a loving glass eye for fucks sake what a loving pissbaby thinking he looks cool walking around with a pisspatch on his face.

He has a glass eye but it's currently in use by one of the other Stygian Witches.

Aeolusdallas
Mar 2, 2016

Kerning Chameleon posted:

If it can't be done with the truth alone, it is an evil. Full stop.

Some people are just naturally charismatic. That doesn't automatically make them evil

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Did motherfucking Imbecile Snake just do a car video? Motherfuck those people.

ponzicar posted:

Yeah, Trump has that used car salesman type of charisma. He's not some polished actor or master psychologist, he's just good at selling things to the type of people who spend lots of money on products advertised on late night infomercials.
Yeah, he has "charisma" to idiots. Everyone else rolls their eyes as he tells them they're the best person ever.

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

Herstory Begins Now posted:

the founding core mythos of the modern GOP is 'we are the adults in the room'

This puts it really succinctly. On the smaller forums I troll the non mega chuds have been tearing their hair out for the past three years, they mostly avoid politics entirely. The political identity they loved to slip into every political debate has become ridiculous with Trump's daily torrent of nonsense.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

ThanosWasRight posted:

I work with someone with a glass eye, and apart from occasionally appearing to have a bit of a lazy eye, it's 100% unnoticeable. Months of working with her daily and not knowing until she mentioned it off-hand. gently caress his ridiculous "my glass eye is distracting" argument.

(Unless someone with more experience with these matters says otherwise, in which case, genuinely my bad)

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

eke out posted:

it's actually worse than that, since it encompasses not only gender but also sexuality and will gently caress everyone in the broader community that doesn't live somewhere with state or local anti-discrimination laws.

one of the cases (that're grouped together tomorrow for argument) is literally "we fired this gay guy when we found out he was gay" and the other case is "we fired this trans lady when she came out"

I'm sure I already know the answer but I'd like to hear someone more familiar with what's happening: How does this not open the door to firing someone for basically any reason, like your hair is too short as a woman? You have a lisp. You're not masculine or feminine enough. Do you have to PROVE someone is gay or trans? Does that mean you can force people to disclose these kinds of things?

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Slugworth posted:

I work with someone with a glass eye, and apart from occasionally appearing to have a bit of a lazy eye, it's 100% unnoticeable. Months of working with her daily and not knowing until she mentioned it off-hand. gently caress his ridiculous "my glass eye is distracting" argument.

(Unless someone with more experience with these matters says otherwise, in which case, genuinely my bad)

:barf:

Maybe that's why it's so distracting.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

olylifter posted:

Go back on your meds.

E: That was lovely of me, but uh maybe take a break from the thread if you're starting to imagine all kinds of frankly ridiculous apocalyptic poo poo?

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 8, 2019

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Idk man even if he's on the wrong side politically I don't think it's very cool of you guys to poo poo on someone for how they choose to handle their disability. It's actually ugly of you and you should knock it the gently caress off. If a Republican were doing that to a leftist you'd poo poo yourselves.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

sean10mm posted:

Go back on your meds.

Unless you know someone has been prescribed psychiatric medication and is refusing to take it, please don't do this.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sean10mm posted:

Go back on your meds.

gently caress off with this poo poo too, can we not be ableist dick heads? Please?

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Slugworth posted:

Depends on what happened to the eye, my uncle was a vet and needed an eye patch since what took his eye hosed up the muscles so he just was always 1000 yard staring with the glass eye.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Berke Negri posted:

i am going to go out on a limb and radically offer that maybe, things are not going well for this admin this week

The problem is it may be much worse for other people as well.

Aeolusdallas posted:

Some people are just naturally charismatic. That doesn't automatically make them evil

Yes it does.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Yeah eyepatch chat is dumb, there are literally dozens of more legit reasons to hate that nazi gerrymandered
shithead.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Zasze posted:

Depends on what happened to the eye, my uncle was a vet and needed an eye patch since what took his eye hosed up the muscles so he just was always 1000 yard staring with the glass eye.

if i lost an eye. id just get weirdly colored or just plain white glass one, because gently caress it why not.

ThanosWasRight
May 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He actually has a glass eye it just has a Nazi logo on it and he can't show it.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
tbh I can't fault eyepatch man, it gives him a very identifiable image which when you have a swarm of co-workers probably really helps to boost voter recognition. makes sense.

Aeolusdallas
Mar 2, 2016

Kerning Chameleon posted:

The problem is it may be much worse for other people as well.

Yes it does.

No it doesn't.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Gamerofthegame posted:

tbh I can't fault eyepatch man, it gives him a very identifiable image which when you have a swarm of co-workers probably really helps to boost voter recognition. makes sense.

You do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to em".

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

fool_of_sound posted:

Unless you know someone has been prescribed psychiatric medication and is refusing to take it, please don't do this.

Fair enough.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Leaving Syria is ‘knife in the back’ for Kurdish forces, Panetta says
pbs.org/Oct 7, 2019 6:52 PM EDT
"The U.S. military is on the way out of northeastern Syria, and it appears that Turkish forces are on their way in. What does President Trump's decision to withdraw troops mean for Syria and Kurdish forces? Amna Nawaz gets reaction from former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and former National Security Council staff member Steve Simon."

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

empty whippet box posted:

Idk man even if he's on the wrong side politically I don't think it's very cool of you guys to poo poo on someone for how they choose to handle their disability. It's actually ugly of you and you should knock it the gently caress off. If a Republican were doing that to a leftist you'd poo poo yourselves.

I think he's going for an aesthetic and I can think it looks dumb and to perform that he is a tough guy when he runs away from vets into elevators and hides when they ask him hard questions.

But yeah, his body, his choice, I normally don't give a poo poo, but OP has the correct take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

eke out posted:

Can you be fired for being a beer rapist?