Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

:wrong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Sorry but I am a bankist shill for a different banker than buffet. You want the Twitter shills for buffet supporters.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The Little Death posted:

It is funny how much the heat is turning up on Libra. It's basically proof that regulators don't really give a poo poo about Bitcoin as an actual systemic risk. If they did they would respond to it like they did to Libra.

Years of this thread reduced the surprise for me but it was still fun watching multiple Eye of Sauron turn towards Libra and FB simultaneously with a bellowing "How dare you!"

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
whoops, there goes 8000

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 7, 2019

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

PotatoJudge posted:

whoops, there goes 8000

:nice:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
But if you round it up it is 100,000 as you can see in this log chart.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

1 btc still = 20948 btccash

back by math

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

PotatoJudge posted:

whoops, there goes 8000

sure but thats like the third time its dropped below 8000 this week. obviously this is the bottom and the time to buy.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Well, "Bitcoin will never go under $8K again" has been true for two minutes. It will remain true forever.

Even when said an hour ago, Bitcoin didn't really go much under $8K and didn't stay there for long. 7.7 rounds up to 8.

When Bitcoin never goes under $8K again, will you admit that I know what I'm talking about?

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Wall of coins scammed me!!!!! Do not use this service. I have a 1700$ order that has not been filled and now they are refusing to fulfill the order unless I “update my previous Reddit post”.

quote:

Do not use wall of coins!!!!! Unless you want to wait 60 days to receive you’re coins that they are holding and have there CEO Robert tell you that they will only put “additional resources towards my order, only if I update my Reddit post saying they have fuffilled it” he pretty much gave me an ultimatum and now is denying it. There support team is incompetent and will not answer me truthfully. Might as well use local btc or btc atm. Be careful if you decide to use the service. They say “it’s anonymous” but then make you send selfies of you holding you’re reciept. Then they say you “lost the recipes and it’s all you’re fault” even though there support team told me I would not have to send any additional selfies....that was before they required me to send pictures of my face before even thinking about releasing my coins. Now there saying I have to wait no matter what I do. Terrible company with an ever worse ceo who thinks he is the coolest guy in the world. News flash Robert....you’re not that cool and you’re company sucks!!!!! I guess now I just have to wait 60 days before they drop my coins even though support told me I would have the coins last week.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Boxturret posted:

Well, "Bitcoin will never go under $8K again" has been true for two minutes. It will remain true forever.

Even when said an hour ago, Bitcoin didn't really go much under $8K and didn't stay there for long. 7.7 rounds up to 8.

When Bitcoin never goes under $8K again, will you admit that I know what I'm talking about?
bitcoin is at war with $8k. bitcoin has always been at war with $8k.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Buttcoin: News flash Robert....you’re not that cool and you’re company sucks!!!!!

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Gazpacho posted:

You're making a statement with absolutely nothing to back it up. Warren Buffet thinks Bitcoin is risky. He's not exactly someone I would listen to, personally, given his track record over the past 10 years.

Congrats on being :wrong: twice on the same page. Have you considered guest-writing for Ross' Twitter?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i thought it was reddit poasts

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

reddit's not real

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Grace Baiting posted:

reddit's not real

well duh

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

spankmeister posted:

Buttcoin: News flash Robert....you’re not that cool and you’re company sucks!!!!!

:pwn: I wouldn't like to be Robert rite now...

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Hammerite posted:

:pwn: I wouldn't like to be Robert rite now...

he's crying all the way to the localbitcoins parking lot

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

i am robert, i am here to rob you. pak chooie unf

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

robert need more gold

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Is Robert supposed to be robot Dilbert?

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
There, they’re, their, Robert

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

should the creators of happy wheels be tried for war crimes (YES|NO)

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
How do I find girls interested in Bitcoin and crypto? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted an hour ago by Zaidinator7

I don't really plan on ever getting married, but that would be the one exception.

Zaidinator7[S] 0 points an hour ago

I want to see them IRL and talk about it whilst being attracted to them. Not just for sex

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
present her with a box containing the bitcoin you didn't want to spend on an engagement ring. she'll understand.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
How I LOST a lot of money with Bitcoin, and why I don't give a gently caress. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 10 hours ago * by Bitcoin1776

I Buy Bitcoin

There, now you know, I own a Bitcoin (or more) and I buy them loving coins.

Recently I had an investor come to me with big monster dollars; he says buy me dem loving coins. I wait for the right time to buy, and boom it's $13k...

Long story short, my investor is down 20%. Does he give a gently caress? Nope! Why? Cause he ain't cashing out!

He's got time, and I got confidence dem coins be going back to $11k... and probably more!

4 YEARS - 4 years is the life-cycle of a Bitcoin.

In 4 years, Bitcoins should be expected to double. Merely doubling every 4 years is 19% returns (annualized)... HOLLARAGE!

If Bitcoins go to $22k... in the next 4 years... my investor is psyched. If it hits $88k in... 12 years... that's still awesome.

Even with only 20% of his portfolio devoted to Bitcoins, Bitcoins might out earn the other 80%... with far, far less work, effort, and taxes - just buying and holding for multiple years.

And that is even if it only hits $88k IN TWELVE YEARS. That's 19% ROI (BTC) vs 8% ROI (SPY).

Now that man is old. He don't need no money.

But what 'bout me? I got bills homes.

Now here is deh trick.

ARE YOU EARNING YOUR MAXIMUM?

Probably, for reasons, you ain't.

What's that mean? It means you are losing - LOSING - money each year you work, below the better wage.

Bitcoin ain't my meal ticket... that's work. Bitcoin is my lifelong security ticket.

But Bitcoin gives me something other investments don't, POSSIBILITY. The possibility to get to quit work and retire, instantly.

Now what do you do with new found knowledge? Well first you focus on making that fooking dollar. Make so much dollar, working almost seems fun. What does it take to make that? A new mindset. Checkout a business book, visit professional clubs, make that loving money.

You got to get smart.

Focus on no less than $200k per annum for self-employed, or $100k if W2 with full benefits - accept absolutely no less.

Are you making $30k / year? Invest in skill training, equipment. For $10k you can nab a computer programming career in a year paying $60k.

That's 300% return on investment, do it. Fully capitalized (profit x 5), that's $150k expected from a $10k investment... CLAP HANDS DO IT.

If ya got to work for loving money, make it easy. Make it reward. Get smart, so the money gets easy. Get them rewards, so that you enjoy that work.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU SUFFERED AT LOW PAY? How long did you allow yourself to 'slave' without any chance of success or thriving!

NO MORE!

I committed myself to smart work, making good dollar some 2 years ago.

But still Bitcoin boomed... so what did I do? Did I buy a lambo? Did I quit?

gently caress all, no!

BOOM - Now my salary demands doubled - doubled mother fucker.

In 2 years I go from $80k to $200k (annualized, self-employed).

But do I actually make that $200k? No.

More like I went from $80k to $80k... but from 30 hours to 10 hours of laboring, per week.

The thing is, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY JOB!

You'd be surprised, but getting paid $200 / hour makes you love god-drat about anything, honestly.

Even if Bitcoin booms, would I retire? gently caress no. WHY THE gently caress WOULD I? I GET PAID loving AMAZING!

And what if Bitcoin goes slow, or in the tubes? WHO GIVES A gently caress! I making money hand over fist, and got the career path to earn butt loads more.

I might spend 10 hours per week now branding or networking to make the next mark... but laboring a mere 2 hours more per week might double my savings... that's huge!

And what am I going to do if Bitcoin goes bust?

TAKE ANOTHER STAB MOTHER FUCKER!

I got Tesla in my sights, I had Lambda School on the radar from day 1.

TAKE A STAB!

If you lose out, you keep working... GREAT! I got to do that EVEN IF I WIN with the STOCK MARKET!

But if you take a chance on an early investment stage startup, you can get 100% annualized returns.

It only takes a few of these to hit, and boom, you are loving a loaded god.

But I got money security because I have skills security.

I got the skills to make the loving money.

What I need is WEALTH, not money.

For my buck, Bitcoin is the best wealth making investment at this point in time, available to a general public.

Bitcoin is also the best store of wealth, cause it's mobile, and I am mobile.. I can't get cornered at the ATM by Uncle Sam nor can I get trapped having to liquidate and rotate around a series of real-estate and stock holdings, should I want to move to Puerto Rico, or whatnot.

And inflation risk is less concerning, with Bitcoin... and the passive price inflation is expected to be 19%, at a mere doubling every 4 years. That is HUGGGEEE!

In fact, I've taken out (don't hate me) loans at good interest rates and long payoffs, to buy them loving coins.

While it sounds crazy, students absolutely should be buying long-term, huge-payoff investments (like Bitcoin) - financially speaking

But that is aside the point. The point is:

If you are worried about a dip - EARN MORE MONEY!

If you are want wealth - GO LONG! 4 YEARS AT LEAST!

If you want a lambo - YOU ARE A MORON! - and -

If you want to retire - GET PAID MORE TODAY!

And beyond that, just be realistic. 8% returns is about the SPY average, but say even 11% is a reasonably well-managed index - still, that is miles below 19% for Bitcoin.

Now how does BTC get to 19%? By maintaining consistent demand, and consistent cash-out-cash-in rates of investment.

Not consistent PERCENTAGES, but consistent DOLLARS.

In effect, for Bitcoin to fail to achieve 19% (over 4 years), barring an unusual event (like Satoshi liquidating), then the amount of DOLLARS on the planet must never increase (technology stops, population flatlines) OR Bitcoin has already reached peak popularity, and significantly so.

So that's the question to you...

Has an investment that predictably returns 19% reached peak popularity and widespread public adoption? An investment unseizable, totally movable, and completely passive? Transferable worldwide in an instant?

I think not. I say we got ROOOOOOMMM to grow.

And that is why I don't give a gently caress about losing money - I'm not about to take it out in cash.

And that is why I don't give a gently caress about selling Bitcoins - I'm only selling to EARN way more money in job skills, which goes back to Bitcoin.

sploosh peace out!

william870721redditor for 1 week 4 points 9 hours ago

omg you need help

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

...! posted:

I don't really plan on ever getting married, but that would be the one exception.

I want to see them IRL and talk about it whilst being attracted to them. Not just for sex

Wow a womans you don't want to just bang but also talk too?! What is this madness?! I also have only talked to women in my fantasies.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! please stop copying whole threads hereoh wait that's one post

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
I'm the investor with monster dollars who needs a halfwit to buy bitcoin for me but still doesn't care when the investment loses 20%.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

KnifeWrench posted:

I'm the investor with monster dollars who needs a halfwit to buy bitcoin for me but still doesn't care when the investment loses 20%.

how's your court case going mr wright

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

how's your court case going mr wright

the hurricane ate my defence your honour

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

...! posted:

[ASMR] i ask how your bitcoins are doing, express sympathy and say remember the fundamentals are solid

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Merely doubles.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

what's the monster dollars to monopoly money conversion rate these days

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

if "talking to someone you're attracted to in real life" is an outlandish fantasy, um, i'm going to guess they don't go outside much

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I sincerely hope, one day, to see another human being with my own eyes.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

fisting by many posted:

if "talking to someone you're attracted to in real life" is an outlandish fantasy, um, i'm going to guess they don't go outside much

talking about bitcoin tho...

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Paladinus posted:

I sincerely hope, one day, to see another human being with my own eyes.

But you can't verify that it is a person unless it is on the block chain??????? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Axe-man posted:

But you can't verify that it is a person unless it is on the block chain??????? :confused:

I have my blockchain right here *points at own crotch*