Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
plat icon is perfect now after updating and on ios 13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
App not working for me, iPhone 8 on 13.1.1

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Theme suggestion: a dark mode with frosted glass like the new standard iOS 13 look would be really cool, to go with the new post and image view cards.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
When I long-touch to open an image in the new-style modal, it always selects text in the presenting viewcontroller. Anyone else seeing this?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

stuffed crust punk posted:

When I long-touch to open an image in the new-style modal, it always selects text in the presenting viewcontroller. Anyone else seeing this?

Yup

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

The bug where a thread is blank and you can’t read the last post until another post is made seems more prevalent since updating to iOS 13.

colachute fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 4, 2019

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I'm getting an issue with the app where if I click on a link abiut 80% of the time it pulls up a white screen and I have to close out the whole app and re-open it. Thought it was just imgur links at first but it's also happened with YouTube and Twitter.

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo
When I turn my phone to landscape orientation, everything gets zoomed in. Returning to portrait orientation still keeps everything zoomed in until I manually zoom out. This does not happen when composing posts.

I’m still on 12.4.1 (iPhone 6) so dunno if that might be the cause.

Edit: Ignore this, I was able to reproduce the bug earlier but now I can’t. Everything’s fine now.

Edit 2: Actually don’t ignore this, it happened again. The page I was on had Twitter embeds. Might be related.

huhwhat fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 5, 2019

Frog and Toad
Jul 31, 2008

Nah

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:shehuck:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Hey pokeman, do you know if my fix to the login screen colors is in the currently released build on the store? It still looks pretty bad for me and I’m wondering if I didn’t fix it completely?

e: doesn’t look like it, don’t think they are in version 3.63.

Also, seeing a crash on log-out-then-log-in again, can investigate later. And a keyboard problem on logout (completely unresponsive until I do something to change first responder)

carry on then fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 5, 2019

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Request: please allow viewing of Sent Items in PMs.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

For some reason I can’t swipe from left to right to pull the left side menu on screen with I use either the Pencil 2 (12.9 2018 iPad Pro) or the Pencil 1 (iPad Mini 5). It works fine when I swipe with my finger or a passive stylus. Otherwise the Pencil works fine generally navigating the app and following links.

This has only started since I upgraded to iPadOS 13. Which may be coincidence since I think there were a bunch of Awful updates as well at the same timeframe.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Is there some setting I’m overlooking?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Proteus Jones posted:

For some reason I can’t swipe from left to right to pull the left side menu on screen with I use either the Pencil 2 (12.9 2018 iPad Pro) or the Pencil 1 (iPad Mini 5). It works fine when I swipe with my finger or a passive stylus. Otherwise the Pencil works fine generally navigating the app and following links.

This has only started since I upgraded to iPadOS 13. Which may be coincidence since I think there were a bunch of Awful updates as well at the same timeframe.

I have never been able to do any gesture that starts from offscreen with the pencil. We can't control what events we get told about.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I love dark mode a lot but I kinda feel like the shade of blue the posts turn when you mark them read might be just a tad too black.

Like I can definitely notice it but I feel like it should be just a touch more prominent.

I’ve just marked a post and then kept reading and it takes a second to see where I left off.

Anyone else think the same or is it fine the way it is?

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Hey I've added the old lepers trash can back into these folders as delete-bookmark@#x.png for the purpose of replacing the work 'delete' from the drag menu with this icon.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Ya

https://i.imgur.com/qAFB26G

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I don’t know if it’s intentional, but when I long touch a thread in the “forums” tab (as opposed to bookmark tab) the “mark unread” button just says “mark.” It confused me when I was trying to mark a thread I accidentally tapped on as unread and couldn’t find it.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Oct 8, 2019

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

I love dark mode a lot but I kinda feel like the shade of blue the posts turn when you mark them read might be just a tad too black.

Like I can definitely notice it but I feel like it should be just a touch more prominent.

I’ve just marked a post and then kept reading and it takes a second to see where I left off.

I agree it could be a bit more lighter or prominent somehow.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

I agree it could be a bit more lighter or prominent somehow.

Yeah so when using dark mode during the day and the screen brightness up it’s fine actually but once you start reading at night it ends up looking like this.

That’s about screen brightness 15% or so.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah so when using dark mode during the day and the screen brightness up it’s fine actually but once you start reading at night it ends up looking like this.

That’s about screen brightness 15% or so.

Is it actually dimming the colors on screen as the brightness drops or did you edit that screenshot? Because if so, that's new.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

carry on then posted:

Is it actually dimming the colors on screen as the brightness drops or did you edit that screenshot? Because if so, that's new.

I had to bring the exposure down to give an example of how it looked at night. I don’t think it’s bringing the colors down it’s just super hard to see the gradient when the brightness is super low.

It’s great during the day though!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

carry on then posted:

I have never been able to do any gesture that starts from offscreen with the pencil. We can't control what events we get told about.

??

I'm not sure what you mean by "offscreen". On the iPad I just swipe left-to-right from the left part of the screen to pull up the sidebar. It works with everything *except* the Pencil and none of them start "offscreen".

Fake Edit: I just tested on the iPad Pro to make sure I wasn't unconsciously starting from the bezel. I wasn't. (I know with the iPhone I have to do it that way, but I've never had to on the iPad)

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

the previous posts tab at the top doesn't seem to be popping up when i scroll past the top post on the page anymore.

e: only sometimes actually

heehee fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 9, 2019

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

So did you look her up

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

CoolRanch posted:

I noticed that threads won’t load up if I reduce animation and transition animations on my promax iOS 13

That’s hosed up, sorry about that. I’ll take a look.

MarcusSA posted:

Ok this is dumb but weird.

Why is the icon a different color? The top picture is from the parent forum view and the bottom is from my bookmarks.

I guess it’s a bug? :shrug:

Ah yeah I broke that ages ago but forgot to fix it! On the list it goes.

colachute posted:

Updated to iOS 13. Adding more than one image when uploading to Imgur via the app crashes it every time.

I’ll take a look.

carry on then posted:

I’ll try hooking the app to a debugger and doing some of these things soon, hopefully they’re quick fixes.

Is it weird that I like the new iOS 13 way of doing the new post view? Looks nice.

I like it too!

MarcusSA posted:

Ok weird “bug” and probably related to the new Apple keyboard vs the app itself. If you have the automatic dark mode set and you start in light mode but it switches to dark the keyboard stays light and stops working till you click off it and load the correct dark mode keyboard.

You just have to click in the text box and it loads the right keyboard.

Yep that’s weird. I’ll add it to the list!

carry on then posted:

Presenting view controllers don't respond to touches while their presented view controllers are even partially visible, so it's not really possible to do that.

I mean, it’s very possible with a custom presentation. But not with the default one yeah.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Downloaded the new update, and the app icon with an alternate icon is being weird.

Other apps with alternate icons don’t seem to do this?

(It switches back to the original icon momentarily before changing to the one I picked.)

As others speculated, I’m guessing it’s an iOS bug. But I wonder if it’s only affecting some apps because there are two ways to specify alternate app icons depending on how far back you need to support. Maybe apps using the newer way are immune?

Grace Baiting posted:

I'm not sure if this is new behavior or not (just updated both Awful to v3.63 and iOS to v13.1, on an iPhone 8+), but it seems like space-initial long lines in [code] blocks are breaking frames and making the whole page of the thread have a horizontal scrollbar, as in this block:
code:
this is a long wrapped line 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890 since it doesn't begin with a space, and the wrapping can even insert linebreaks between characters in a single word (including within the digits "word" above)

On my screen the last part of the above line actually gets broken such the last screenline starts with " word" and the rest of the line no longer gets wrapped!
  :O

This line intentionally/actually starts with one space and just break the frame for the whole page currently, with no wrapping
Frankly I prefer the non-wrapping behavior within code blocks, but I'd prefer EVEN MORE* if the non-wrapped wide code blocks had their own horizontal scrollbars. The horizontal scrollbars also mean I can't swipe from the left edge to go back (unless I zoom all the way out).
*FEATURE REQUEST and/or BUG REPORT

Here's a screenshot of a preview of an older version of this post that demonstrates how these issues are showing up for me:

Great find! I’d spotted some horizontal scrolling the other day but couldn’t tell what it was, I think this was it. Thanks!

Grace Baiting posted:

Relatedly: when you zoom way out and tap on a user's name or a post's "•••" button to display the modal panel, it is drawn significantly below the location tapped, with greater overshooting when the tap target is further down on your screen. So if your tap target is about halfway down the screen or below (including if you're tapping the "•••" button of the last post in the thread), the modal panel will try to draw at least partially offscreen, which appears to mean the modal panel instead just doesn't get drawn! This appears to freeze the thread (graying out e.g. the bottom buttons) and causes swiping-to-scroll to be ignored entirely; you just need to tap outside the offscreen modal, i.e. anywhere, to dismiss it and functionality. Then zoom back in probably to be able to do stuff again.

I’ll take a look!

Proteus Jones posted:

In the last day or so I noticed that swiping left with the Pencil on my iPad Pro won't slide the side panel out (bookmarks, settings, etc...). Works fine with my finger or a non-Pencil stylus.

That is weird! I’ll take a look, but as I don’t have a Pencil I might not get very far.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

For some reason my bookmarks tab will stop letting me click threads sometimes. I have to close the app and restart it. Going to a forum works fine, scrolling works fine, but my bookmarks don’t work.

I think this has come up now and then over the years and I have no idea what’s going on. I’ll +1 it on the list and hope inspiration strikes.

shortspecialbus posted:

Minor bug on iPad Pro 11:

If the app isn't opened for a while and you open it, it opens up to the thread you left on, although it's all marked read and it lost your spot. That's not a big deal. The bug is that the scroll indicator seems to be absent in that scenario, making it impossible to see how far you have left on the page. It comes back when you advance a page or go to a different thread. I didn't think to try refreshing the page.

This is another weird one that’s floating around, I’ll +1 it too.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Yep!

colachute posted:

The bug where a thread is blank and you can’t read the last post until another post is made seems more prevalent since updating to iOS 13.

Hmm. Any chance it's the issue where some threads had posts deleted and they load weird? Not sure why it would be more prevalent with iOS 13 though.

10 Beers posted:

I'm getting an issue with the app where if I click on a link abiut 80% of the time it pulls up a white screen and I have to close out the whole app and re-open it. Thought it was just imgur links at first but it's also happened with YouTube and Twitter.

Haven't seen this one but it sounds fun. Any chance you can snag a screenshot next time it happens? Is it an empty white screen? Does it cover the whole screen or is it inset somewhat?

huhwhat posted:

When I turn my phone to landscape orientation, everything gets zoomed in. Returning to portrait orientation still keeps everything zoomed in until I manually zoom out. This does not happen when composing posts.

I’m still on 12.4.1 (iPhone 6) so dunno if that might be the cause.

Edit: Ignore this, I was able to reproduce the bug earlier but now I can’t. Everything’s fine now.

Edit 2: Actually don’t ignore this, it happened again. The page I was on had Twitter embeds. Might be related.

I don't think iOS 12 should be an issue, or at least I wouldn't expect it to be fixed by upgrading to iOS 13 (though who knows). I'll add it to the list, if you notice anything else that might be contributing please lemme know!

carry on then posted:

Hey pokeman, do you know if my fix to the login screen colors is in the currently released build on the store? It still looks pretty bad for me and I’m wondering if I didn’t fix it completely?

e: doesn’t look like it, don’t think they are in version 3.63.

Also, seeing a crash on log-out-then-log-in again, can investigate later. And a keyboard problem on logout (completely unresponsive until I do something to change first responder)

Login screen update isn't out yet, sorry. Crash on log-out-log-in is ancient and I really should get around to fixing it :/ Can you make an issue for the keyboard problem on logout? Haven't seen that one before. Thanks!

Crime on a Dime posted:

Request: please allow viewing of Sent Items in PMs.

One day!

Proteus Jones posted:

Hey, sorry for the delayed response. I'm not aware of any settings you're missing.

MarcusSA posted:

On the OLED Dark theme? Yeah it's easy to miss.

Boris Galerkin posted:

I don’t know if it’s intentional, but when I long touch a thread in the “forums” tab (as opposed to bookmark tab) the “mark unread” button just says “mark.” It confused me when I was trying to mark a thread I accidentally tapped on as unread and couldn’t find it.

Sounds like a bug to me, sorry about that. I'll add it to my list.

heeheex2 posted:

the previous posts tab at the top doesn't seem to be popping up when i scroll past the top post on the page anymore.

e: only sometimes actually

Yeah I'm finding it kinda finicky too. I'll +1 it on the list.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah OLED dark theme and you are doing the lords work.

Bless.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

No need to apologize!

Can I also request a feature to open tweets in different apps? I think Apollo lets you choose between the Twitter app, tweetbot, or safari etc.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Adding a favourite forum and then pressing edit seems to make it impossible to open any forums.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Weird thing that i think i saw someone else post about a while ago- If a stickied thread gets unstickied it stays in the position it would be if it was still stuck, until the actual thread gets to the next page of threads. i don't know how to write this in a non-confusing way lol

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Well something is borked here. Took a while to find the “ignore user” button. When I tried use it, the app thinks I’m trying to ignore some moderator.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

I was able to ignore and unignore you. Could that person already be on your ignore list from before they were modded?

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That happens if someone on your ignore list has become a mod/ik since you ignored them. You can add the person on web still

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Derp hang on.

I need a way to check my ignore list from the app.

Anyway we can get a different error warning for that particular case so we know what’s going on?

Zesty fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 9, 2019

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
I’m on latest public iOS and Awful app with an SE.

Tweets are no longer opening in the twitter app and are going to safari.

And the three dot menu is cut-off when pressed.

https://imgur.com/a/NUgvvTg

Real minor stuff that I didn’t see mentioned in the last few pages. You’re awesome

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

irpoweroutlet posted:

I’m on latest public iOS and Awful app with an SE.

Tweets are no longer opening in the twitter app and are going to safari.

And the three dot menu is cut-off when pressed.

https://imgur.com/a/NUgvvTg

Real minor stuff that I didn’t see mentioned in the last few pages. You’re awesome

Same, except Twitter works normally. SE, latest iOS/Awful. Also this thread has a horizontal scrollbar that is deffo messing some things up (for instance swiping from right edge to left just leaves the page halfway visible onscreen instead of springing away like it should.)

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zesty posted:

Derp hang on.

I need a way to check my ignore list from the app.

Anyway we can get a different error warning for that particular case so we know what’s going on?

Probably not? The web interface has multiple text boxes so my guess is that submitting sends them all up at once, rather than a singular username to add/remove

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Radium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
Now that macOS 10.15 Catalina is out, are you putting builds of Awful for macOS anywhere?