Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The recommendation to listen to early chapo was a good one. I didn't know that they had gone on Street Fight podcast before making their own, and that Street Fight even existed before Chapo. What did they even do before the podcast? The awkward pauses in the first episode were kinda funny.

I'm pretty convinced now that Felix is by far the most talented Chapo in terms of general ability to be funny and entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I think felix has the best creative chops of the bunch, stuff like Fighting in the Age of Loneliness and some of the E1 pods kinda solidified my opinion that he's got good range and can oscillate between joke and genuine well which is hard to do.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
Brace Belden makes trueanon unlistenable imo

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I keep thinking about the getfiscal Chapo opening

so good

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

The recommendation to listen to early chapo was a good one. I didn't know that they had gone on Street Fight podcast before making their own, and that Street Fight even existed before Chapo. What did they even do before the podcast? The awkward pauses in the first episode were kinda funny.

I'm pretty convinced now that Felix is by far the most talented Chapo in terms of general ability to be funny and entertaining.

Matt and Felix were on a defunct podcast called Emoprog Army Radio Hour, but i'm not sure if it's archived anywhere (I'm also not sure if they were hosts or just reoccurring guests).

Felix definitely has the best ability to riff of any of them, but his brain broke at some point and now he seems to have locked down his repertoire of cultural references---he no longer seems to follow twitter or even political news as closely, so he keeps falling back on bringing up Rich Piana

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah before chapo they were just twitter accounts that bryan quimby thought were funny. he brought them on and they realized they had chemistry

street fight gets like 20 viewers on twitch for its twice-weekly live shows :(

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Brace is good you cretins

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

I like Matt the best for general historical knowledge and just occasionally losing his poo poo completely over someone being a disingenuous or ignorant poo poo.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

i say swears online posted:

yeah before chapo they were just twitter accounts that bryan quimby thought were funny. he brought them on and they realized they had chemistry

street fight gets like 20 viewers on twitch for its twice-weekly live shows :(

To be fair watching people record a podcast is pretty boring

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love street fight and listen to every basement show but I'm sure the live stream is unwatchable for the same reason the call in show tends to suck

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

twitch is 100% for background noise

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

I keep thinking about the getfiscal Chapo opening

so good

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

eighty-four merc posted:

Brace Belden makes trueanon unlistenable imo

Brace Belden is like THE reason to listen to trueanon tho

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

brace is a dang troop

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

felix occupies a not-uncommon niche in the comedy world, and an extremely not uncommon niche in the podcasting world: The One Who's Dead Weight 95% Of The Time But Holy poo poo, That Five Percent.

that was the deal with Graham Chapman in Monty Python; guy was an alcoholic by even English standards, and ended up playing the main characters in the movies mostly so he wouldn't have to keep track of who he was from scene to scene. he did not contribute much to the general writing, but when he did, it was stuff like saying "you've got something there, but a broken toaster just isn't funny enough. what if it was a dead parrot."

admittedly he accidentally invented the whole monkey cheese genre of humor as a result, but in his defense the dead parrot sketch still slaps regardless.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My dude describing a monty python joke as 'slapping' might be the most old guy trying to stay hip phrase ive ever heard in my life

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sorry but cheese shop holds up

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

My dude describing a monty python joke as 'slapping' might be the most old guy trying to stay hip phrase ive ever heard in my life

trust me theres a massive amount of zoomers and millenials whose personalities are "i love poo poo from the 60's/70's aren't I quirky!"

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
which tbf we are the same thing but 1930's and 40's and 1850's and 1860's

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
What a loving all-star Chapo episode. Nick, Adam, the main gang, some Mitt Vee Braydeeey, and Jen Pan from Jacobin!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

in the mid-70's my mom went on a school trip to england where she and her friends all did the clopping noise with their hands. i was always doomed

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

i say swears online posted:

sorry but cheese shop holds up

Four Yorkshiremen

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Venom Snake posted:

trust me theres a massive amount of zoomers and millenials whose personalities are "i love poo poo from the 60's/70's aren't I quirky!"

allow me to rephrase it and say its one of the whitest things ive ever heard and i pray every day that the lord jesus strikes down all the mayo skinned freaks

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Larry Parrish posted:

allow me to rephrase it and say its one of the whitest things ive ever heard and i pray every day that the lord jesus strikes down all the mayo skinned freaks

A virus strikes that only targets the creations of Yakub

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Apoplexy posted:

What a loving all-star Chapo episode. Nick, Adam, the main gang, some Mitt Vee Braydeeey, and Jen Pan from Jacobin!

let Nick on one time and he doesn’t stop coming back

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Adam's little supplicant bit where he praises everyone for being so smart is pathetic. I wish Stav was on instead.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Adam's little supplicant bit where he praises everyone for being so smart is pathetic. I wish Stav was on instead.

Joker more like Poke Her

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
"Beto O'Rourke? Beat off my pork" is the strongest opening in show history and DSA dumb guy caucus is one of the most in touch with regular people things theyve ever talked about

Like Felix talking about mobilizing people behind their hatred for cable companies

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If my phone buzzed today to say there were people arming up to drag the people in charge of Time Warner Cable into the street and shoot them I'd quit my job and steal a gun

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Stav recounting his family history in that one chapo episode was also :kiss:

On one line, an amazing tale of finding love while on the run from the nazis towards an uncertain future in the foreign country

On the other hand, a loving dumbass who got married as an afterthought and ended up collecting hundreds of exotic birds

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think nick and adam were both a little intimidated by airy tones with which some of that panel was carried out

it was a good show though, and stav should definitely come back soon

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Chapo should get Stav back on but introduce him as Yanis Varoufakis and let him just make poo poo up about Greece and the EU for an hour. At least half of this would include racism against Albanians.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

TheDon01 posted:

Brace Belden is like THE reason to listen to trueanon tho

That's also a good summary of why trueanon sucks. The topic deserved a host who doesn't make every episode about himself.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

cool dance moves posted:

Stav recounting his family history in that one chapo episode was also :kiss:

On one line, an amazing tale of finding love while on the run from the nazis towards an uncertain future in the foreign country

On the other hand, a loving dumbass who got married as an afterthought and ended up collecting hundreds of exotic birds

stav said when he got back from greece he found out that his grandfather was a political prisoner during the war for being a communist/left wing radical lol

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Phone posted:

stav said when he got back from greece he found out that his grandfather was a political prisoner during the war for being a communist/left wing radical lol

The cool one or the failson

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Crakkerjakk posted:

I like Matt the best for general historical knowledge and just occasionally losing his poo poo completely over someone being a disingenuous or ignorant poo poo.

Ironically he keeps being wrong about the 2016 vote totals

Also it owned that Amber called the movie that got Reagan shot reactionary

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The cool one or the failson

the bird one

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

superb episode of trueanon, w/ a deep dive into the murky world of the malicious maxwells, brace reigned it in a lot, the producer kept his loving trap shut but added some genuine lol-some sound FX, and liz was bringing fire and knowledge as always. methinks she had a word and possibly begged off the lily lynch episode to make him realise he sucks without her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

hiring a producer to go through and delete adam from the recording