Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjeUuakHsLw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

Yeah its really possible that American troops get caught in the crossfire and then the real shitshow begins

What even happens to NATO if Turkey frags a bunch of are troops? Do we actually article 5 them? Would the GOP actually crack enough from the neocon movement to move against Trump?

Israel did that and nothing happened.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Lol the deep state is real

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

we wont genocide we will ungenocide. genious

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Feldegast42 posted:

Yeah its really possible that American troops get caught in the crossfire and then the real shitshow begins

What even happens to NATO if Turkey frags a bunch of are troops? Do we actually article 5 them? Would the GOP actually crack enough from the neocon movement to move against Trump?

The diplomats do some kabuki theater where each side gets appropriately mad, potentially with meaningless threats, then once the news cycle moves on, it's business as usual until the next time.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Crosspost from the altright thread of all places:

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1181258801455996934

idk whats even going on anymore but somehow
1) pat robertson is still alive? and
2) he's ... speaking up for the kurds against trump

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Azathoth posted:

Crosspost from the altright thread of all places:

mandate of heaven is from the celestial heathens, pat. what youre looking for is divine right of kings.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

RandomPauI posted:

I was going to reply with a thing but then I saw this and it completely derailed my train of thought because what is going on?

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/1181316118633431040

This is the same thing that happened when trump said they were gonna pull out all the troops from syria (everyone just ignored him) so im thinking either the military still has an agreement to use kurdistan as an iran invasion threat, or is drafting an agreement with turkey to use invaded kurdistan as an iran invasion threat

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Algund Eenboom posted:

This is the same thing that happened when trump said they were gonna pull out all the troops from syria (everyone just ignored him) so im thinking either the military still has an agreement to use kurdistan as an iran invasion threat, or is drafting an agreement with turkey to use invaded kurdistan as an iran invasion threat

my guess is theres some sort of quiet agreement on how much land turkey will actually occupy, like a buffer along the border, but not actually seize all of SDF territory.

this benefits everyone but the kurds. US still has a base of operations, turks can kick out the kurds from their occupied territory without having to actually try and govern them, assad doesnt have to deal with a million kurdish refugees.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

mandate of heaven is from the celestial heathens, pat. what youre looking for is divine right of kings.

with the passing of the sword of chiang to the bush family, so too passed the mandate of heaven to america

the chinese do not appear worse for the loss

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

How many US officials and federal politicians realize that the Kurds aren't a unified political bloc and that the KRG in Iraq is actually pretty friendly with Turkey?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

my guess is theres some sort of quiet agreement on how much land turkey will actually occupy, like a buffer along the border, but not actually seize all of SDF territory.

this benefits everyone but the kurds. US still has a base of operations, turks can kick out the kurds from their occupied territory without having to actually try and govern them, assad doesnt have to deal with a million kurdish refugees.

Not disputing, but I'm having a hard time seeing how this benefits Assad. Isn't his next fight going to be against the Turkey-backed militias on the northern border? Isn't Turkey gonna be conquering land that Assad is going to want to control, whether he takes it from the Kurds or from Turkey?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I don't think Turkey limiting their invasion of NE Syria to a "buffer" benefits Assad, but it certainly isn't the almost existential threat to the government that a Turkish conquest of the whole region would be.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Pat Robertson invoking the mandate of heaven is a lol

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Over Easy posted:

Pat Robertson invoking the mandate of heaven is a lol
can't wait until Guan Yu owns his rear end

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
jihadi-fried chicken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nIoapNK-ag

the brutalist mcdonald regime is preparing to retaliate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI_Mb6ezlvk

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 06:14 on Oct 8, 2019

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

the trio in onesies under that headline

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

in an room deep inside Yum! Brands headquarters, they are already drawing up plans to open new franchises in manbij, raqqa, and tell abyad

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I want to believe

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Atrocious Joe posted:

in an room deep inside Yum! Brands headquarters, they are already drawing up plans to open new franchises in manbij, raqqa, and tell abyad
"jihad vs. mcworld" by benjamin barber now going for only $1 in the clearance section of used bookstores everywhere

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
seriously though jihadis look like they can make some badass-tasting chicken. much better than the KFC down the street from where i live

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

new morgan spurlock documentary idea

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

seriously though jihadis look like they can make some badass-tasting chicken. much better than the KFC down the street from where i live

take this post and loving frame it

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i say swears online posted:

new morgan spurlock documentary idea

:hai:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

I have no clue what Pat Robertson's angle is in this, and the only thing I can figure is that the Kurds have been selling oil to Israel.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i'm convinced many US elites either believe the YPG is the same as the Israel flag waving Barzani supporters from the KRG. The smarter officials probably did have a long term plan to bribe the opportunists in the YPG with gulf money and transition the whole region to a neoliberal client state friendly to Israel.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yeah a landlocked country surrounded by states that want it destroyed ASAP would be perfectly viable.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I have no clue what Pat Robertson's angle is in this, and the only thing I can figure is that the Kurds have been selling oil to Israel.

he knows that the kingdom of heaven belongs to saladin and his people

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kanine posted:

take this post and loving frame it
i'd be dead and gay instead of just gay, but i know my last meal will be finger lickin' good

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

freckle posted:

he knows that the kingdom of heaven belongs to saladin and his people

Hell I believe it.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i'd be dead and gay instead of just gay, but i know my last meal will be finger lickin' good

"jihadis look like they can make some badass-tasting chicken" new thread title

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

THS posted:

death to america

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Kafir Fried Chicken

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

our secret recipe is so spicy you'd swear to Allah it's haraam

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

"Wow!! These buffalo wings are HOT!!!" said the Jordanian pilot

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brace Belden says the Trump & Obama administrations intentionally sabotaging diplomacy between Damascus & the PYD is for real.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181547333990916097?s=20

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did you know Turkey makes a vital part of a multi-role fighter we are selling to all our allies? Much to consider!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014