Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode

Bush loved to dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxbT11QlCe8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DesertIslandHermit posted:

When Rebekah Brooks demanded a journalist dress up as Harry Potter during a conference right after the 9/11 attacks and the journalist took stress leave from how loving horrible trainwreck of an idea it was

what

Necrothatcher posted:

Tony Blair hosed Rupert Murdoch's Chinese spy wife.

WHAT

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Wendi Deng is reputed to work for the Chinese government and Rupert Murdoch divorced her because he became convinced that Tony Blair hosed her.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

just laughing today thinking about when Zuc was clearly preparing the ground for a presidential run but it turns out sending your weird VR system to investigate a disaster then showing up before Congress on a booster seat looking like a sweaty robot weirdo is a 1-2 punch to your political ambitions

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

just laughing today thinking about when Zuc was clearly preparing the ground for a presidential run but it turns out sending your weird VR system to investigate a disaster then showing up before Congress on a booster seat looking like a sweaty robot weirdo is a 1-2 punch to your political ambitions

Just a normal guy going for a jog in the forbidden city, asking the chinese president to name his baby

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spergin Morlock posted:

Just a normal guy going for a jog in the forbidden city, asking the chinese president to name his baby

wait are you talking about zucc or r. guyovich?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

wait are you talking about zucc or r. guyovich?

Indeed I am

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

naw that was well after he had given up on his ambitions of the presidency
he had given up on them because the board said he would have to give up control of the company to run

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
In 2002 Bush administration officials would directly leak false information about Iraqi WMDs to Judith Miller who would then publish it in the New York Times the day that Bush administration officials would go on Meet the Press and middle class football dad Tim Russert would let them go unchallenged with their James Bond international espionage fantasies because they would cite the aforementioned articles in the New York Times published that day as evidence.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

It's not my joke, but someone posted that the entire time Zucc was in front of Congress, he looked like the guy in every zombie movie who is desperately trying not to look infected.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Chuka Umana posted:

Tim Russert

oh yeah i forgot something awful goon soft money millionaire killed tim russert lol

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

oh yeah i forgot something awful goon soft money millionaire killed tim russert lol

That was really a wild time to be in LF

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2875010

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Azathoth posted:

It's not my joke, but someone posted that the entire time Zucc was in front of Congress, he looked like the guy in every zombie movie who is desperately trying not to look infected.

he also did that fake loving smile like the robot he is

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Spergin Morlock posted:

Wendi Deng is reputed to work for the Chinese government and Rupert Murdoch divorced her because he became convinced that Tony Blair hosed her.

Now she's hanging out with Ivanka and Jared but don't worry guys there's nothing to see here.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Are SA's best days behind it?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

iirc he was the least crazy person on that stage

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

What's even more funny than this was everyone else there saying poo poo like "Do you know how much TIME and MONEY I've invested in this ideology!?!? This violates the NAP!!!"

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
pelosi said "bipartisan compromise" within minutes of her party taking back a majority in the house

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...goes-viral.html

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
who was that mod of D&D around the time that LF was new that everyone hated because he was a marxist and like the one anti-obama poster other than the "wrap it up obamailures" guy

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Hey guys anyone remember any instances of the White House censoring/pressuring media out of existence?

Trump bitched about the movie "The Hunt" because it was mean to rich people and it never got released. Bill Maher and Dixie chicks both said Iraq war was bad and got the 2003 equivalent of cancelled.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Here is Wendi Deng on Tony Blair:

quote:

"“Oh, poo poo, oh, poo poo. Whatever why I’m so so missing Tony. Because he is so so charming and his clothes are so good. He has such good body and he has really really good legs Butt . . . And he is slim tall and good skin. Pierce blue eyes which I love. Love his eyes. Also I love his power on the stage . . . and what else and what else and what else . . . ”

:barf:

too cursed

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Italian fascist ideas about restaurants

The Futurists posted:

Tactile Dinner: A multi-Tactile Dinner: A multi-course meal featured in Marinetti's The Futurist Cookbook. Pajamas have been prepared for the dinner, each one and are dressed in pajamas, they are taken to an unlit, empty room. Without being able to see, each guest chooses a dinner partner according to their tactile impression. The guests then enter the dining room, which consists of tables for two, and discover the partner they have selected.The meal begins. The first course is a 'polyrhythmic salad,' which consists of a box containing a bowl of undressed lettuce leaves, dates and grapes. The box has a crank on the left side. Without using cutlery, the guests eat with their right hand while turning the crank with their left. This produces music to which the waiters dance until the course is finished.The second course is 'magic food', which is served in small bowls covered with tactile materials. The bowl is held in the left hand while the right picks out balls made of caramel and filled with different ingredients such as dried fruits, raw meat, garlic, mashed banana, chocolate, or pepper. The guests cannot guess what flavor they will encounter next.The third course is 'tactile vegetable garden,' which is a plate of cooked and raw green vegetables without dressing. The guest eats the vegetables without the use of their hands, instead burying their face in the plate of vegetables, feeling the sensation of the greens on their face and lips. Each time a guest raises their head to chew, the waiters spray their face with perfume.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
lmao what the gently caress? That's like the food equivalent of that time Homer designed a car.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

TrilliontonNixon posted:

lmao what the gently caress? That's like the food equivalent of that time Homer designed a car.

Worse it's avant-garde performance art with politics aspirations

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

who was that mod of D&D around the time that LF was new that everyone hated because he was a marxist and like the one anti-obama poster other than the "wrap it up obamailures" guy

McCaine? The one where photos of him tied up and naked were "leaked"?

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Maxwells Demon posted:

McCaine? The one where photos of him tied up and naked were "leaked"?

more ball-gagged mods imo

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

DesertIslandHermit posted:

When Rebekah Brooks demanded a journalist dress up as Harry Potter during a conference right after the 9/11 attacks and the journalist took stress leave from how loving horrible trainwreck of an idea it was

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1406429/Pottergate-we-publish-the-secret-tapes.html

"Last week, Charles Begley, the News of the World's former Harry Potter correspondent, revealed his humiliation at being required to impersonate the schoolboy wizard.

His breaking point came on the afternoon of September 11, when he was summoned to the office of the editor Rebekah Wade and rebuked for not being "in character". Begley, then 29, was told to appear in full Potter regalia at the next day's news conference. He parted ways with the paper a few weeks later and is now considering legal action against his former employers. (His initial claim was turned down because he had been on staff for only six months.)"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MikeCrotch posted:

Italian fascist ideas about restaurants

what actually happened afterwards is mussolini looked at this and told him to gently caress off

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
nowadays if you were going to have a Method potter correspondent I feel like one in three members of the press would eat the others for the opportunity

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

the craziest thing in hindsight is toberlonetriangular was some real proto Q poo poo, like Q conspiracy theories are really just an extension of the insane trolling or whatever you want to call what TT did

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

MaxieSatan posted:

nowadays if you were going to have a Method potter correspondent I feel like one in three members of the press would eat the others for the opportunity

If it came with a salary and health insurance, they'd be knifing each other in the lobby.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

the craziest thing in hindsight is toberlonetriangular was some real proto Q poo poo, like Q conspiracy theories are really just an extension of the insane trolling or whatever you want to call what TT did

"The TobleroneTriangular Helldump Thread posted:

TT, you are completely ignorant of politics, economics, science, and human behavior. You are the craziest poster on the forums and the best thing for you would be to check yourself into a mental institution before you become a threat to others.

I just love how thoroughly he took this whole forums for a ride.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

TT finally had to stop because he got so in character it was loving with his ability to process reality, a true commitment to a forum gimmick

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

I thought TT had tapped into the whole lingering 1990s conspiracy zeitgeist pretty darn well, and the real genius was blending that with libertarianism.

Definitely a harbinger of things to come

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

some ISIS guy liveposted on 4chan and they figured out where he was and got an airstrike called on him.
Great place, I think they have an exhibition to the public coming up I need to check out. (Yale library of rare books)

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

GWBBQ posted:

some ISIS guy liveposted on 4chan and they figured out where he was and got an airstrike called on him.

the ultimate swatting