Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

FlamingLiberal posted:

This press conference should be about them filing contempt charges but who knows

Can they do that if it's not defying a subpoena?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I would imagine they issue a subpoena today. I didn't know Sondland had volunteered testimony.

Yeah, anyone expecting fireworks from Schiff today should probably check your expectations. The presser will amount to subpoenas and a direct statement building the Dem case for impeachment on the WH obstructing.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Retro42 posted:

Yeah, anyone expecting fireworks from Schiff today should probably check your expectations. The presser will amount to subpoenas and a direct statement building the Dem case for impeachment on the WH obstructing.

Don't need fireworks; just need him to say unequivocally that if Sondland will not voluntarily appear that he will be subpoenaed, as will the others. Maybe throw in a couple sentences about how defiance of House subpoenas will be considered obstruction.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI4ExcdHkjQ

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

This press conference should be about them filing contempt charges but who knows

So apparently he was coming in voluntarily. So I'm guessing they're gonna announce they're subpoenaing Sondland. If Schiff is smart, he'll announce he's subpoenaing the rest of people who are supposed to testify, in the interest of preventing any further obstruction.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

ThanosWasRight posted:

Why do all your posts read like they were written by a bot?

His posts actually have content. Something yours are lacking in.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Thanks friend!

https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1181381203494080513

In other news, Facebook Advertising has been found to be allowing companies to discriminate via age and gender according to the government.

quote:

In the latest rulings, the EEOC cited four companies for age discrimination: Capital One, Edwards Jones, Enterprise Holdings and DriveTime Automotive Group. Three companies were cited for discrimination by both age and gender: Nebraska Furniture Mart, Renewal by Andersen LLC and Sandhills Publishing Company.

For those who want to update their boycott lists.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I guess all the nonsense noise about holding a formal impeachment inquiry vote is to allow Republicans in the judiciary committee to be able to subpoena whoever they want without majority party consent. So basically Republicans want to hold a vote so they can muddy the waters by subpoenaing the Bidens.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181560708808486914?s=20

Oh hey, it's an obstruction of justice charge!

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

They're on time and Schiff is live.

Trump is bragging about obstructing via twitter.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

how nice of him to be a helper!

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Oh wow, the way he’s parsing his words here. Schiff is just waiting for someone to come in and try to lie to him isn’t he.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Retro42 posted:

Oh wow, the way he’s parsing his words here. Schiff is just waiting for someone to come in and try to lie to him isn’t he.

If he doesn't announce a subpoena here he's worse than useless.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

This is from a few pages back but goddamn. These numbers have been moving.

Very, very surprised at the GOP movement. He might really be in trouble.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Could it be, at long last, that America, even some of the GOP part of it, is Finally Getting Sick of Trump's Bullshit?

Tune in!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mahoning posted:

So apparently he was coming in voluntarily. So I'm guessing they're gonna announce they're subpoenaing Sondland. If Schiff is smart, he'll announce he's subpoenaing the rest of people who are supposed to testify, in the interest of preventing any further obstruction.
Ok I thought they had already subpoenaed him

But yes they just need to issue a bunch of subpoenas today

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

I only caught the last few seconds. Did he say anything substantive?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Oh shut the gently caress up, Gym.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

AhhYes posted:

Just a bunch of impotent outrage.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

For fucks sake can someone get Gym Jordan the rest of his suit.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
What time does the Supreme Court usually release their decision? Because I'm getting a sinking feeling in my gut that we will get a terrible decision today.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

AhhYes posted:

Just that the administration is obstructing, Sondland and his docs/texts are integral, admin is a threat to our national security, we are investigating, this is all of vital importance, etc.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Luckyellow posted:

What time does the Supreme Court usually release their decision? Because I'm getting a sinking feeling in my gut that we will get a terrible decision today.

The decisions argued today don't come out till next year.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Spoiler: he's worse than useless

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

friendbot2000 posted:

Thanks friend!

https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1181381203494080513

In other news, Facebook Advertising has been found to be allowing companies to discriminate via age and gender according to the government.

For those who want to update their boycott lists.

So I deal with Facebook advertising for my job and in the past month or so, they have stripped nearly ALL targeting tools and demographics from their platform. They know they're hosed.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

skylined! posted:

Just that the administration is obstructing, Sondland and his docs/texts are integral, admin is a threat to our national security, we are investigating, this is all of vital importance, etc.

But no subpoena? Way to go.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
seems like a big deal that potus is actively attempting to delegitimise congress?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Dems are a waste.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
This is a loving joke. The democrats know what is going to happen. Send the loving subpoenas! It's a joke.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

seems like a big deal that potus is actively attempting to delegitimise congress?

Bigger deal that apparently Congress is fine with that!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Don't worry, guys. CNN has already shifted from congress collapsing to NBA's slapfight with China.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Broken clock, twice, etc.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Yep, the Impeachment inquiry is just for show. They're not actually serious about it. gently caress Democrats. They're actively worse than Republicans because while the Republicans do evil poo poo, the Dems have the power to stop it and choose not to.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Don't worry, guys. CNN has already shifted from congress collapsing to NBA's slapfight with China.

Get used to it. That story is gonna get bigger as more and more people speak up about Hong Kong and more and more gutless American corporations cave to China's authoritarian demands. We've already had the NBA and Blizzard do it just this week. More to come!

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Kangaroo courts, famous for allowing defendants decide who can testify.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
https://www.newsweek.com/betsy-devos-could-face-jail-after-judge-rules-violated-2018-order-1463764

Please oh please oh please oh please

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Yep, the Impeachment inquiry is just for show. They're not actually serious about it. gently caress Democrats. They're actively worse than Republicans because while the Republicans do evil poo poo, the Dems have the power to stop it and choose not to.

Why would you conclude this before the issuance of subpoenas and seeing whatever response comes to the inevitable stonewalling of those subpoenas? Do you think no impeachment inquiry at all would be preferable?

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Mahoning posted:

Get used to it. That story is gonna get bigger as more and more people speak up about Hong Kong and more and more gutless American corporations cave to China's authoritarian demands. We've already had the NBA and Blizzard do it just this week. More to come!

Don't be silly. American corporations are taking big meaty stands, just like congress! Just ... like... congress. :negative:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Zwabu posted:

Why would you conclude this before the issuance of subpoenas and seeing whatever response comes to the inevitable stonewalling of those subpoenas? Do you think no impeachment inquiry at all would be preferable?

Id rather have someone not even pretend to care rather than acting like they care but actually don't.

If they were going to issue a subpoena, Schiff would have done it right there. All they're going to do is impotently piss and moan and maybe write a few strongly worded letters, but won't take any actual substantive action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

BREAKING: Betsy DeVos to buy local jail set to house Betsy DeVos