Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’ll be an audience full of Ken Bones.

"In regards to military spending, will you increase funding to beautiful human (manned) submarines?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

DaveWoo posted:

Figured they would. Some folks here were jumping the gun a bit with all that "Dems are a waste" talk.

They aren't officially a waste until they fail to enforce it

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I hate that you made me remember this rear end in a top hat.

remindred that his reddite account also included some really horny stuff for prego fetish.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Didn't it come out in 2016 that Trump campaign did not pay that patriotic little girls band who opened his rallies.

It did but it turned out to be cause the girls' father/manager was a massive dumbass and instead of having any kind of contract or even some verbal talk of payment their agreed upon compensation was a conversation that one of Trump's campaign people was going to maybe introduce them to someone who knew someone who would get them some kind of bigger appearance or career path in dancing or something.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

Figured they would. Some folks here were jumping the gun a bit with all that "Dems are a waste" talk.

i advise running as many victory laps as possible, about the spine being shown by House Democrats in standing up to Trump. this is a course of action that will age well.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Can someone explain to me how these new subpoena matter if they haven't enforced the subpoena they issued to pompeo yet? Or have they and I missed it? I have asked the oracle but I got no joy.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

PhazonLink posted:

remindred that his reddite account also included some really horny stuff for prego fetish.

This typo makes me realize that I like "reddite" as a name for someone who uses Reddit regularly more than redditor.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Reddiot

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Reddibite

"We have such memes to show you"

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

i advise running as many victory laps as possible, about the spine being shown by House Democrats in standing up to Trump. this is a course of action that will age well.

Sometimes I can see how it's hard not to wish for the maximum chaos option of the DoJ and the WH just flat out ignoring the subpoenas just because at least then something would actually happen. While the democratic establishment hasn't been big on doing effective things, it's possible we're at a point where they literally have to or the whole cushy existence they enjoy is gonna crumble. Even the emptiest of suits has to feel that. Maybe in one of their buttons.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

PhazonLink posted:

Didn’t he have some kind of bad stuff to say about Trayvon Martin too, it was mostly just passed over for the weird stuff.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

cr0y posted:

C is for CROOKED

Oh. Good enough for me! :v:

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

ryde posted:

For sure. Literally everyone I’ve talked to is planning for retirement assuming no social security.

Retirement? What a quaint idea.

I am going to die at work, and then the company I work for is going to harvest my meat and organs to maximize my value.

The future is bleak, my friends.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

This typo makes me realize that I like "reddite" as a name for someone who uses Reddit regularly more than redditor.

listen I havent had my nth cup of coffee yet.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

SchrodingersCat posted:

Retirement? What a quaint idea.

I am going to die at work, and then the company I work for is going to harvest my meat and organs to maximize my value.

The future is bleak, my friends.

They're gonna check time of death and make sure your corpse didn't make a cent.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1181594900787339266

So, uh, about that four pages of "Dems bad" talk...

E: beaten, poo poo

I'll believe it when it actually happens, because until then it's just words.

If it happens, then I'll be happy to come on here and say I was wrong.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Neo Rasa posted:

It did but it turned out to be cause the girls' father/manager was a massive dumbass and instead of having any kind of contract or even some verbal talk of payment their agreed upon compensation was a conversation that one of Trump's campaign people was going to maybe introduce them to someone who knew someone who would get them some kind of bigger appearance or career path in dancing or something.

Iirc they agreed to do it with the understanding that they wouldn’t be paid, but they’d be allowed to set up a merch table, and in the end they weren’t able to do that either.

After seeing that Melania tweet about her BeBest campaign and reflecting on what a half-hearted nothing it has been, I had the thought she could get people to actually pay attention to it by railing against Cancel Culture, the perpetrators of which are the real bullies terrorizing our kids.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

syntaxrigger posted:

Can someone explain to me how these new subpoena matter if they haven't enforced the subpoena they issued to pompeo yet? Or have they and I missed it? I have asked the oracle but I got no joy.

Well the new subpoena is for Sondland's testimony AND documents. So they hadn't issued a subpoena for testimony before today, so that is actually (well, potentially) big if he decides to ignore that. But also, I think this means they're actually issuing a subpoena to SONDLAND for documents and communications, which makes sense since he was apparently doing all this on a private phone.

In theory, it matters a little bit more. We'll see if it actually will or not.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

rudy knows enough about his damaged brain that he will say poo poo that will drat himself.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

It's cool to make up obviously false narratives based on our feelings if people who agree with me do it

They didn't have the paperwork done in the hour before Schiff's planned speech

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

they'll definitely issue a subpoena, they've already subpoenaed other parties. the question is, when they fail to comply with the subpoena, what happens next. IIRC it's an open question whether the house actually has the power to jail somebody

it seems like a lot of people ITT don't understand the difference between a request and a subpoena

goethe.cx fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 8, 2019

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

... It happened. The very thing you said wouldn't

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Guze posted:

They're gonna check time of death and make sure your corpse didn't make a cent.

You think they will be that kind? They are gonna roll the clock back 10 minutes to deny my survivors that pay because I won't be able to dispute it, and then make my family pay for the cost of "disposing*" of my body.

*Selling it to Kraft to be processed into jerky.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

theflyingorc posted:

They need to subpoena everyone one on that list. No more "voluntary", and they can point to the WH for the reason why.

vvv e: Double SECRET long-form subpoena!

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 8, 2019

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

Next they'll ask for the long-form subpoeana

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/hsu_spencer/status/1181602530826035200

https://twitter.com/hsu_spencer/status/1181602958280204290

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
Honest question, does the dems subpoenaing people mean anything if they don't enforce it? What does that look like? Is Barr the guy in charge of dealing with people who ignore the subpoena? And if so, won't he just also ignore it?

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

A little good news in hell world, Jimmy Carter is back to work even after his fall:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1181213645503680513

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Angry_Ed posted:

Next they'll ask for the long-form subpoeana

I think the play is as someone mentioned upthread: they're going to attempt to circumvent the House entirely by getting people to "testify" in front of the senate and try to do some legal voodoo to turn it into a case of double jeopardy or some other such half-remembered obviously illegal showroom floor kinda thing and then just muck it up enough so that people get tired of it. Modern propaganda doesn't have to make any sense to destroy the concept of truth, and they seem ride-or-die on that wagon, so ... that's my guess, anyway.

Let's see how well our institutions hold up. I'm sure they'll ... oh.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Literally Kermit posted:

They need to subpoena everyone one on that list. No more "voluntary", and they can point to the WH for the reason why.

vvv e: Double SECRET long-form subpoena!

The WH stonewalling on the voluntary thing just gives them more rope to hang themselves.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Lol their argument is "Nixon should have been allowed to do it", I'm loving deceased.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah sounds like the judge is gonna gently caress em.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

theflyingorc posted:

Have they issued it yet? IF so, then yes, I was wrong and I accept any mockery that comes my way as a result.

Now... if the subpoena is defied, they have to have the spine to do something about it, unlike with Barr.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
they can use the Sergeant at Arms, but they will just keep slowly rolling this that this impeachment "inquiries" will still be going by trumps second term

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Celexi posted:

they can use the Sergeant at Arms, but they will just keep slowly rolling this that this impeachment "inquiries" will still be going by trumps second term

It’s been 2 goddamn weeks

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/imillhiser/status/1181602512949972992

fuuuck.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

gently caress that. I'mma suck a dick in protest.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

syntaxrigger posted:

near as I can tell the answer is "lol," but it would be nice for there to be another answer

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Gorsuch has sided with the liberals in a few 5-4 decisions. Not holding out a ton of hope here but it’s possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Celexi posted:

There's no scenario where dude with mace successfully arrests an ambassador or a member of the DOJ

Lawyers in this thread have indicated that they can start slamming them with fines, which is what we're looking for