Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Doom Invasion sounds kickass, I love being able to do stuff like that in games.

Also DMC5 easy my game of the year for the most part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I never like that mechanic so I hope there's a way to turn it off.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

considering it's not even being added in until after launch i think you should be safe

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Macaluso posted:

Going up against Animal Crossing. Doom Eternal is gonna flop now

It has to be intentional. They're so worried about the game they're trying to make sure literally no one plays it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I said come in! posted:

How do we feel about Death Stranding? I honestly think this could be a hugely amazing game. Like, the chances are very high.

At this point I think I don't really care of Death Stranding is a "good" game. I just want it to be as weird as it appears to be. That's not just in the story sense--I really hope that the game mechanics are as idiosyncratic as they appear to be. I don't know if I expect it to be fun exactly, I just want it to be interesting. If it's fun on top of that, great. If the story is good on top of that, also great.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

An off switch for the feature, which only really turns off any notice that it's happening. :devil:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I said come in! posted:

How do we feel about Death Stranding? I honestly think this could be a hugely amazing game. Like, the chances are very high.

I see no reason to not expect it to be one of the greatest video games ever made.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
People who say it will be good will soon be ashamed of their words & deeds.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My only worry with Death Stranding is that it's going to be another MGSV situation where we've already seen like 80% of the cutscenes in trailers and most of the game will be dialogue-free wandering.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I have no faith in Death Stranding being good but I'm open to being surprised

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Harrow posted:

At this point I think I don't really care of Death Stranding is a "good" game. I just want it to be as weird as it appears to be. That's not just in the story sense--I really hope that the game mechanics are as idiosyncratic as they appear to be. I don't know if I expect it to be fun exactly, I just want it to be interesting. If it's fun on top of that, great. If the story is good on top of that, also great.

I’m definitely with you. When most other major releases can be summed up as “popular franchise, but more of it”, it’s refreshing that there’s an upcoming video game with a budget that also promises to be properly unique.

My PlayStation bux are on DS being “an interesting failure” ofc

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
It'll be good. Not even "so bad its good", just plain good.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It'll be the WinBack of Spy Fictions.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The 7th Guest posted:

an NBA GM is probably going to get fired for tweeting in support of hong kong,

Update on this. That gm is literally one of the best in the league, so the nba said lol no, and now the nba is banned in china.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Death Stranding will be good, but only after Reddit puts all the clues together and Kojima reveals the REAL ending.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Death stranding will be good on PC when it has 60fps buttery smooth gameplay

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wonder how many death threats you'd get for a 7/10 review of death stranding

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

There's never been a low scoring kojima game, so guess we'll never know

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

There's never been a low scoring kojima game, so guess we'll never know

I give MGS4 a 3/10

the three points are for the finger guns, shadow moses and the last boss fight

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Even zone of the enders 1 scored good. Dear god.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

death stranding will be v good

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Death Stranding will be weird and wordy enough that people who only ever want to engage with things on a very surface level will mistake it as deep and finally be able to tell themselves Games Are Art (TM).

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Andrast posted:

I give MGS4 a 3/10

the three points are for the finger guns, shadow moses and the last boss fight

4 is probably kojimas least favorite too.

Tenzarin posted:

Even zone of the enders 1 scored good. Dear god.

That mgs2 demo was the hugest bribe

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Even zone of the enders 1 scored good.

Good

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Add me to the "gently caress Blizzard forever" crowd.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
ZOE1 is like, at worst, a 6/10. It did feel a bit like a proof of concept for ZOE2 but it's still certainly not a bad game.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/kianworld/status/1181399877508448256

Kojima sees the future.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Who is skullface then? Cheney?

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/jyarow/status/1181508994847907840

This was in response to the NBA commissioner standing up for what the houston rockets guy said, but this kinda applies to the hearthstone situation, and the reasoning is hilariously thin-skinned.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Adam Silver gave the most milquetoast-rear end statement too. It was essentially "the GM can say whatever he wants we're not going to stop him"

"We believe that any speech that challenges national sovereignty and social stability is not within the scope of freedom of speech" is also some poo poo that really should be unpacked because that's shocking.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

bushisms.txt posted:

That mgs2 demo was the hugest bribe

I bought it day one for that demo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The official Hearthstone forum is in full meltdown mode with people blasting Blizzard. Their moderators are in overdrive mode with suspending every single person and deleting threads. I made a post about no longer feeling comfortable with supporting Blizzard, it attacked absolutely no one, and had no vulgar language, and I was just hit with a 1 month probation.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

"To support morey's right of free expression"

The fact that the administration hasn't already tweeted for china to shut the gently caress up talking about Americans citizen's rights should be surprising but it's not

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

"We believe that any speech that challenges national sovereignty and social stability is not within the scope of freedom of speech" is also some poo poo that really should be unpacked because that's shocking.

shocking but not surprising, at all

I said come in! posted:

The official Hearthstone forum is in full meltdown mode with people blasting Blizzard. Their moderators are in overdrive mode with suspending every single person and deleting threads. I made a post about no longer feeling comfortable with supporting Blizzard, it attacked absolutely no one, and had no vulgar language, and I was just hit with a 1 month probation.

yeesh that's awful

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Adam Silver gave the most milquetoast-rear end statement too. It was essentially "the GM can say whatever he wants we're not going to stop him"

leave it to China to try to dictate what another country's freedom of speech means

gently caress the Chinese government, gently caress Blizzard, NBA is good?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I can't believe Ryan Davis had China so wrong.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

I bought it day one for that demo.

I went to Blockbuster day 1, and they only had the Zoe disk in the case. i had to ask them to pull it from the back, because they weren't putting them in the system. Then i never took the demo disk back.

Zoe was good too though. The vs mode is still one my favorite fighters ever.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I can't believe Ryan Davis had China so wrong.

China don't care...about the PR nightmare you will have to endure to continue doing business in China.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

WHO??!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What makes the hearthstone situation really loving awful is that the 2 interviewers who probably had no idea what the player was gonna say were fired.

Thats pretty much a statement by blizzard that someone on air can use China's thin skin as a weapon against interviewers to get them fired through no fault of their own.