Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The cloak + shorts combo is powerful imagery. Dare we ask what kind of hat you were wearing?

e: 80 is ten-elevenths Nazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The other good thing about them is they roll up and go in your backpack easily.

Also double as a blanket for having your picnic on.

Wachter posted:

The cloak + shorts combo is powerful imagery. Dare we ask what kind of hat you were wearing?

e: 80 is ten-elevenths Nazi

I can't find anywhere that sells hats big enough for my head or I would absolutely buy some kind of stupid loving hat to go with it.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Wachter posted:

Dare we ask what kind of hat you were wearing?

Also, did you have a sleeve?

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
https://twitter.com/XRSouthwark/status/1181607536065167361?s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Clearly, I am a hemp-

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Clearly, I am a hemp-

May I smoke u sir

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Nettle Soup posted:

My garden was all nettles this year, but all I managed to do with them was accidentally walk into them multiple times whilst attempting to hang out the washing. :(

more like nettle oups :grin:

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Wolpe-Pegasus
A font full of surprises....
https://www.monotype.com/fonts/wolpe-pegasus/

Wow thanks for that! Will be moving soon and having to get some officey type bits where I've been using the landlord's til now.

Thirty. Five. Pounds. Looked up the RRP and they’re around 300. :shrug:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Red Oktober posted:

Is that a guard tower outside?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Red Oktober posted:

Office and educational furniture is a huge markup scam.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Guavanaut posted:

something something html

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
because it's a markup language you see

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
gently caress but i'm depressed.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

because it's a markup language you see
:hmmyes:

esther mcvey will probably propose building houses out of it

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

CCS3 is great iniit.

php for the win though

solid as a rock

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Seriously though, and I think I have asked this before, I've got Learn Python The Hard Way, and Automate The Boring Stuff with Python.

How, can I make my Python larger?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Wasn't the thread talking about these a couple of months or so ago?

Airpod meeting room.

http://www.reyooz.com/items/item/5562

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/Reverend_Makers/status/1181221178196856832

it's a short thread which boils down to "My jewish friends are terrified of a Corbyn government because I have no examples or proof, but he's actually really bad for them"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Queue, I assume, a legion of FBPE melts regurgitating old Corbyn statements on Israel/Palestine with no sense of irony or awareness

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Libluini posted:

poo poo, is this it then? No Deal Brexit unavoidable? Bad Boris has won and Albion will sink into the sea?

Yes. There are tanks on the streets of Milton, Cambridgeshire as I speak. Oh God the Farageshirt militia are knocking on my door right now save me Marx

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

https://twitter.com/Reverend_Makers/status/1181221178196856832

it's a short thread which boils down to "My jewish friends are terrified of a Corbyn government because I have no examples or proof, but he's actually really bad for them"

Um actually Boris Johnson made an empassioned liberal defence of a woman's right to dress like a letterbox whereas Jeremy Hitler taught his cat to bark when he shouts "Gas The Jews"

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

It's a liability thing, commercial furniture is massively overbuilt compared to home stuff, which is also why your office chair and desk were probably delivered ready-assembled rather than flatpack (which also massively increases your storage and delivery costs).

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Dead Goon posted:

php for the win though

solid as a rock

Something something https://eev.ee/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/?utm_source=tool.lu

Real pros invent their own language and compiler :sun:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
James Ball is an insufferable oval office.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

feedmegin posted:

Yes. There are tanks on the streets of Milton, Cambridgeshire as I speak. Oh God the Farageshirt militia are knocking on my door right now save me Marx

The tesco's by the A14 has re-opened, new hours are 10 to curfew. They have goats and birch moss tea substitute pellets, burnable twigs and . candles made from immigrant fat. They accept labor scrip or able-bodied children in trade for store credit.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

feedmegin posted:

Something something https://eev.ee/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/?utm_source=tool.lu

Real pros invent their own language and compiler :sun:

I quite enjoy c# and the VS2019 express IDE

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Red Oktober posted:

You got a bargain. I love a big, no nonsense desk.

Having a big desk with ample dimensions is very important when pursuing one's table-based hobbies and interests imo :coffeepal:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

feedmegin posted:

First they came for the UKMT, and I did not speak out because there was actually nobody coming for us, and then I had dinner and played on Warcraft.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pesmerga posted:

James oval office is an insufferable ball.
:hmmyes:

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It's a liability thing, commercial furniture is massively overbuilt compared to home stuff, which is also why your office chair and desk were probably delivered ready-assembled rather than flatpack (which also massively increases your storage and delivery costs).
But then people buy it for their home office or office with like three dudes that are bad enough not to be open to the general public and it's like "why?" "Because it says office furniture."
:negative:

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Ratjaculation posted:

Is that a guard tower outside?

It’s part of the school opposite I think. Must be worried about truants.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Not actually sure a sniper tower would have put me off from skiving to be honest.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Those will be the Faragist camps post brexit.

All run as academies of course.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Red Oktober posted:

Can this be raised/lowered? It looks like one of the desks we can have at work (with lots of complaining and a doctor's note) which have a little pull out thingy on the left hand side to raise and lower the desk.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

In my retail days I'd often be asked why we couldn't replace the slightly wonky camera display cabinet and met with utter disbelief when I told them the price of a replacement cabinet. While you can buy a similar looking cabinet from Clive down the road for a tonne, will that cabinet withstand a body being thrown against it a bunch of times and withstand a fire for more than 18 hours? No? That's why the one we have to get costs five grand.

Oscar Romeo Romeo fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 8, 2019

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Seriously though, what did happen and who do I ask?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

Two world wars made extravagant men's clothing a lot less fashionable, even for the people who could afford to go flamboyant.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

While one world cup made summer shirtlessness quite the des rigeur statement.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bobby Deluxe posted:

First they came for the UKMT, and I did not speak out because there was actually nobody coming for us, and then I had dinner and played on Warcraft.

Then we put you up against the wall and shot you, because Blizzard just banned a Hearthstone pro for supporting the Hong Kong democracy movement.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Renaissance Robot posted:

It was an 19th century thing. Right at the end of the 18th, classy country gentlemen everywhere collectively get way less flamboyant, and by the mid 19th everybody is into dark colors and standardizing on what will become the men's suit. No idea why, but that's approximately when it happened.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

Can this be raised/lowered? It looks like one of the desks we can have at work (with lots of complaining and a doctor's note) which have a little pull out thingy on the left hand side to raise and lower the desk.

Yes, it’s a standing/sitting desk. You raise it by manually pulling it up and the legs ratchet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

I know its meant to be a joke, but the left lloks like its from the Warhammer codex.
Someone from the Empire probably.