Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Frisk is John Mulaney confirmed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FZBwj81gGY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I thought the color was more of a Lego thing but,

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'm loving dying irl at that interpretation of their sprite

It never once entered my head before but from now on that's all I'm going to see

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Reminder that Frisks has their eyes open on the Undertale banner art that was used everywhere. It just uh, never gets drawn that way in any fanart or anything. Flowey is also incorrectly colored in that image but It's Fine

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Oct 8, 2019

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Frisk and Kris are clearly Simpson Characters, Chara is a Simpson Ghost, it's very simple

risky business
Oct 9, 2012

Barns?
I dunno. I don't think Toby Fox had malicious intent or anything, just the end result is... kind of off, and some of the fanart for the game definitely worsens the effect.

I'm mostly relaying what friends actually affected by anti-Asian racism have said, which is that it kinda made them pause and double take, and that they would have liked if it were not this way.

(Also I think the banner was, like, a fanwork that Toby liked and adopted as official, if I'm remembering right?)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Aisu posted:

I dunno. I don't think Toby Fox had malicious intent or anything, just the end result is... kind of off, and some of the fanart for the game definitely worsens the effect.

I'm mostly relaying what friends actually affected by anti-Asian racism have said, which is that it kinda made them pause and double take, and that they would have liked if it were not this way.

(Also I think the banner was, like, a fanwork that Toby liked and adopted as official, if I'm remembering right?)

It might be! I just know that it's been around forever and is what everyone was using when it first came out for their review headers and whatnot. I think it was also the header for the kickstarter.

And I'm not trying to say your friends are in the wrong just to be clear, it's something I remember hearing like... once or twice back on release with "is the character supposed to be Chinese or something else?" that just got met with "Nah I think the sprite is just kind of frumpy with the weird legs and stuff".

risky business
Oct 9, 2012

Barns?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It might be! I just know that it's been around forever and is what everyone was using when it first came out for their review headers and whatnot. I think it was also the header for the kickstarter.

And I'm not trying to say your friends are in the wrong just to be clear, it's something I remember hearing like... once or twice back on release with "is the character supposed to be Chinese or something else?" that just got met with "Nah I think the sprite is just kind of frumpy with the weird legs and stuff".

Yeah, it is definitely just the case that the human sprites are... they are definitely Something, alright.

(I still love in the vessel creator that your leg options are just "which leg is the weird oversized one".)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

"the battle system is like earthbound but much more boring" what

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The game must be promoting obesity because the human sprite is so fat! :agesilaus:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
more games need chunky plumpy protagonists.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/EveryWorDid911/status/1181521935332757505?s=20

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Nyeh Heh Heh!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

apparently gaster blasters can melt steel beams.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Man, gently caress Jerry.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
No, stop asking me to

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jerry has a cool character design.

Look at him, he's adorable

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

I only just now realized that Jerry’s eyes were down near his mouth (the black squares) as opposed to being the bumps on top of his head as I originally assumed.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Jerry's design is great because he looks completely alien like no creature I've ever seen, but somehow also like everybody I hated in high school

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Jerry.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd play magic the gathering with jerry, even if he does play an infect deck he bought for 300$ of the internet.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Larryb posted:

I only just now realized that Jerry’s eyes were down near his mouth (the black squares) as opposed to being the bumps on top of his head as I originally assumed.

Actually his eyes are those black rectangles with white dots inside them over on the far sides of his body.

Probably.

Turtlicious posted:

Your bad opinions about Papyrus were one thing, but this is crossing the line.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Proof hes qualified to be president

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Actually his eyes are those black rectangles with white dots inside them over on the far sides of his body.

Probably.

Your bad opinions about Papyrus were one thing, but this is crossing the line.

That’s what I meant, yeah (you can see them moving back and forth in the picture).

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Turtlicious posted:

> DITCH

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BTQGTL3b_g

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

First off how do you play that on the switch.

Second off HOW DO YOU EVEN MAKE SENSE OF THAT KNOWING THE CONTROLS?!

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Spiffster posted:

First off how do you play that on the switch.

Second off HOW DO YOU EVEN MAKE SENSE OF THAT KNOWING THE CONTROLS?!

Joycon motion controls, simulating the movement of the sticks. I think they also released a special arcade style controller for it, in Japan.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

I'd play magic the gathering with jerry, even if he does play an infect deck he bought for 300$ of the internet.

Jerry plays tron

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Joycon motion controls, simulating the movement of the sticks. I think they also released a special arcade style controller for it, in Japan.

Europe got it too. It's alright, sticks are plastic though and not the most durable

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

A big flaming stink posted:

Jerry plays tron

Deadly Discs for the Atari.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

A big flaming stink posted:

Jerry plays tron

Definitely Tron or Four Horsemen, and you better fuckin believe he took his sweet time with sensei's divining top in legacy Miracles when that was legal.

Now he plays Landstill.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
nah, jerry in legacy would definitely play some stupid jackass turn 1 combo deck like oops all spells in any format where he could

e: vvv this is a much better answer

President Ark fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Oct 12, 2019

risky business
Oct 9, 2012

Barns?
Jerry doesn't have a deck of his own. He "forgets to bring it" every time he goes to the store, whines and begs until someone lends him a spare, and then looks through all their cards with cheetoh dust fingers talking about how much their deck sucks and his back home has like twelve black lotuses.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Aisu posted:

Jerry doesn't have a deck of his own. He "forgets to bring it" every time he goes to the store, whines and begs until someone lends him a spare, and then looks through all their cards with cheetoh dust fingers talking about how much their deck sucks and his back home has like twelve black lotuses.

this is the actual answer, he even takes them out of the sleeves for a closer look

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Madtrixr posted:

this is the actual answer, he even takes them out of the sleeves for a closer look

:stonk:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Jesus, I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh with Jerry back in high school. He never played but he always talked about how he won tournaments with God cards

Wait, is it lame to interrupt Magic chat to talk about Yu-Gi-Oh?

Don't call me Jerry behind my back guys, come on I'm not Jerry

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As a Jerry irl I will not stand for this obvious discrimination. He at least tries to help everyone making their attacks 2 seconds longer.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Do you think we'll get something on Halloween? It is the 1st anniversary of Deltarune. I'd love for something, but I doubt that will happen unless Toby has gotten a team together to help him (I know Devolver Digital has shown interest in helping him).

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Waffleopolis posted:

Do you think we'll get something on Halloween? It is the 1st anniversary of Deltarune. I'd love for something, but I doubt that will happen unless Toby has gotten a team together to help him (I know Devolver Digital has shown interest in helping him).

Hotline Miami crossover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

https://youtu.be/sZjXbcQjBYs