Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pylons posted:

I think it's run by fans, so it was probably just locked to avoid dealing with this shitshow.

That is extremely disappointing, the support for Hong Kong and the player that was banned, has been overwhelming. I've seen virtually zero trolling or anger actually, just players sharing that they are done with Blizzard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I like what I'm seeing on this screen

Edit: Yes, this game has a "Watch Replay" button that runs in real time when you complete a mission with cinematic camera angles

We will finally send John Wick our credit card number, the digits on the back, and the expiration month and year

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress the mods too!!!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I said come in! posted:

That is extremely disappointing, the support for Hong Kong and the player that was banned, has been overwhelming. I've seen virtually zero trolling or anger actually, just players sharing that they are done with Blizzard.

I mean, just because you're not seeing it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, necessarily.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
My impression was that many/most of the fans that run big game reddits are in somewhat close with the given company and given special access/information and will often act in the company's interest to avoid jeopardizing that.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Elephant Parade posted:

yeah they just appeased a fascist regime, but they've really sucked since 2004, when they released a video game I didn't like!

Well I sure as poo poo don't like them any better now.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
The year 2019 has arrived. A herd of fuckin’ ugly reds. are rushing from the mainland.

Crime rate skyrockeded! Hongkong is ruined! Therefore, The Hongkong government called Bruce Lee’s relative ”Wick” for the massacre of the reds. Wick is a killer machine. Wipe out all 1.2 billion of the red communists!

[ed. note: Do not do or attempt to do this. There are not actually 1.2 billion red communists.]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a shame that Diablo III is epic now

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

bushisms.txt posted:

Speaking of retro, Atari out here making ouya look like Nintendo

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/10/08/atari_architect_quits/

Man, this is ridiculously on brand for Atari, right down to not paying the people they expected to get things running.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
https://twitter.com/lackofrealism/status/1181639970332659712?s=19

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
wildcat strike or get off the pot.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Edit: Yes, this game has a "Watch Replay" button that runs in real time when you complete a mission with cinematic camera angles
If this comes to switch, it needs a boondock saints mode where you have to wave the joycons like a conductor for the replay to progress

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I would say they need to make a VR version but we already have superhot

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

I said come in! posted:

The official Hearthstone forum is in full meltdown mode with people blasting Blizzard. Their moderators are in overdrive mode with suspending every single person and deleting threads. I made a post about no longer feeling comfortable with supporting Blizzard, it attacked absolutely no one, and had no vulgar language, and I was just hit with a 1 month probation.

Appeal to reddit admins -- it probably won't work because lol reddit, but if that that subreddit is being run by mods who are connected to blizzard that's against reddit's nominal rules. Escalate the pain up the ladder.

vvv edit: oops, duh me read good :downs:

Klyith fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Oct 8, 2019

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Klyith posted:

Appeal to reddit admins -- it probably won't work because lol reddit, but if that that subreddit is being run by mods who are connected to blizzard that's against reddit's nominal rules. Escalate the pain up the ladder.

This was the official Blizzard forums for Hearthstone, on battle.net. The best I can do is appeal to the customer service reps who make minimum wage, they are not going to care or be able to do anything about it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think I like haunting ground very much...but its got a cool vibe, and i like the Ico-style partner that you have to cajole and congratulate to do stuff. But every time a monster shows up it just instantly sucks.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This is appalling. I can safely say I will terminate all my support of Blizzard immediately, painful as it might be. I will never play all *checks library* zero of my recent purchases from them again.

*sips coffee* Yup, feels good to have the moral highground.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/RaptorBuzz/status/1181582948660736008

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

This is appalling. I can safely say I will terminate all my support of Blizzard immediately, painful as it might be. I will never play all *checks library* zero of my purchases from them again.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Atari nowadays seems like a warning label for a game being awful.

Remember that alone in the dark game where the singleplayer was simply going through the multiplayer co-op maps alone?

The reviews savaged the hell out of it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ll keep playing WoW Classic I think, it’s a game that I like

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
In my day that warning came in the shape of a THQ logo in the cover.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICk765JPbhw
Yeah, this is the review I remember.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Also WC3 is one of my all time faces and I was waffling on reforged after the record profits/fire 800 people thing but I guess not now huh.

l think also I'm calling it on Dicey Dungeons - I played about ten hours, and liked it, but as I dig deeper into the challenges it seems like more and more you just get hot-rolled by an enemy into an inescapable spiral a bit too often. I'd revisit if they end up adding content - not that I don't think it's worth the price, but as it stands in a lot of situations you don't have any real choices to make because the right one is pretty obvious.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I'm watching a John Wick Hex stream and using melee takedowns to move out of the way of gunfire seems really cool

"You might not think groin attacks is a very John Wick thing, but when we went back and analyzed the movies, we found out he did it a lot"

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 8, 2019

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I'm watching a John Wick Hex stream and using melee takedowns to move out of the way of gunfire seems really cool

"You might not think groin attacks is a very John Wick thing, but when we went back and analyzed the movies, we found out he did it a lot"

Does it have different endings and outcomes?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i'm gonna buy 2D yooka laylee wish me luck

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Does it have different endings and outcomes?

Not sure. As to the earlier question it uses mouse for actions, WASDQE for camera

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Tim Rogers is selling this wick game really hard by talking about jerky

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Don't worry luvs the cavalry's here! *10,000 chinese police officers in riot armor pop up*

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Help Im Alive posted:

I heard its surprisingly good so pls report back

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Relax Or DIE posted:

Also WC3 is one of my all time faces and I was waffling on reforged after the record profits/fire 800 people thing but I guess not now huh.

You may want to keep an eye on A Year of Rain, which looks to be a lot like WC3 only it's made by Daedalic instead of Blizzard. It also seems to be focusing on 2v2 multiplayer, although I have no idea what that might actually mean.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

do you need to have played the first game to understand the lore?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

do you need to have played the first game to understand the lore?

I never played it because I thought it looked terrible so I hope not!

But I think people said it was pretty decent after the patches

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

a glitch posted:

You may want to keep an eye on A Year of Rain, which looks to be a lot like WC3 only it's made by Daedalic instead of Blizzard. It also seems to be focusing on 2v2 multiplayer, although I have no idea what that might actually mean.

Really looking forward to this game. It's in closed beta testing currently, so hopefully it does still release by the end of the year.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Phantasium posted:

if it were me i'd keep them, but I also wouldn't have left them in old boxes somewhere so idk, you're probably fine selling. like someone else said the big things are going to be the games, you can always get a system back easily assuming no sentimentality with the ones you have.

goons will always be willing to buy stuff like that though if you decide you don't want to deal with ebay.

Cool, I'll keep em then.

There's some sentimentality, it was more just a space thing. Like i said, i was about to chuck em today but they might be fun to play every so often, especially as not everything's been emulated.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Jay Rust posted:

I’ll keep playing WoW Classic I think, it’s a game that I like

Very brave

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

In Training posted:

It's a shame that Diablo III is epic now

Path of Exile, problem solved

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shlomo Palestein posted:

They're owned by Tencent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shlomo Palestein posted:

Even Path of Exile has its own issues. The game devs themselves are pretty awesome, however, Grinding Gear Games is 80% owned by Tencent.