Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mahoning posted:

Ladies and gentlemen.......WE GOT HIM!

https://twitter.com/jdmiles11/status/1181626673864810497

You see, it was all over a marijuana deal gone bad! And I bet they magically found the murder weapon when they searched this bad fellow!

I loving knew they would try to say it was over some drug poo poo. Absolute loving scum, I don't believe a word of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

BonoMan posted:

And if I'm the key witness in the trial AGAINST the local PD, the first thing I do after the trial is over is try to take part in a parking lot drug deal!

Oh, and shoot one of the guys in the chest before turning around and going back inside.

Oh, and the gun I used to shoot the guy was picked up by the guy who shot me and then they left.

Who the gently caress picks up a murder/assault weapon, with a wounded person in the car?

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/1181633866274103296
:lol:

100 people in the district gave him money, good luck actually getting votes dude

I live a block south of AOC's district in Queens. This man has the most hilariously out-of-step positions with her district ever. Like I assumed he would be running as a centristish Bloomberg-style Republican but nope full MAGA idiot.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1181653079554428928?s=20

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Arist posted:

I'm incredibly skeptical of conspiracy theories but Brown was absolutely assassinated.

I'm a radical skeptic and I'm at "if you want me to believe he wasn't assassinated you're going to need to show me some incredible proof"

I don't discount the possibility entirely, but, uh

I'm having trouble seeing it

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

beejay posted:

What kind of marijuana deal goes bad to the extent of murder nowadays? Sorry, not buying this one.

Probably not as rare as you think but still definitely not what happened here.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Back the gently caress up: is the DOJ really trying to argue the Watergate investigation and impeachment was unlawful? :lol:

Ahahahaha

That is the most "bold move Cotton" thing I have ever heard of

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ague Proof posted:

A disturbing number of terrible men really want the excuse to beat up trans women and be treated like a hero for it. There was an obviously fabricated story tweeted of a 'self-identified woman' following a little girl into the bathroom only to be assaulted by the girl's father who makes some lame quip. The comments (yes I read the comments) were just people celebrating and promising more of the same in this disturbing rage-orgy. Anyone who pointed out the story was made up got the satire response even though there was no indication and the audience clearly thought it was real, the kind of propaganda that can have deadly consequences.

We're just people trying to be happy but there's an uptick of transphobes calling us all predators and pedophiles.

It's very, very sad and enraging. Homophobic straight men are so terrified of being called "gay" for being attracted a trans-woman that they will literally murder people over it. It's insane. The argument doesn't even make any sense because trans-women are women and present as women. How is it "gay" to be attracted to a person who presents as/looks like a woman? It's so loving dumb.

By their logic a man being attracted to a trans-man isn't "gay" (despite trans-men presenting as men) because of what...genitals that you can't readily see? Chromosomes that you definitely can't see?

It's so loving stupid.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

Back the gently caress up: is the DOJ really trying to argue the Watergate investigation and impeachment was unlawful? :lol:

Ahahahaha

That is the most "bold move Cotton" thing I have ever heard of

unitary executive theory is a hell of a drug man.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

axeil posted:

It's very, very sad and enraging. Homophobic straight men are so terrified of being called "gay" for being attracted a trans-woman that they will literally murder people over it. It's insane. The argument doesn't even make any sense because trans-women are women and present as women. How is it "gay" to be attracted to a person who presents as/looks like a woman? It's so loving dumb.

By their logic a man being attracted to a trans-man isn't "gay" (despite trans-men presenting as men) because of what...genitals that you can't readily see? Chromosomes that you definitely can't see?

It's so loving stupid.

I think you know this but it’s literally cognitive dissonance manifested as violence as a coping mechanism. People are dumb and don’t understand themselves, let alone a other people.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Of course not - there's a big ugly wind farm just ruining the view!

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/RepAbraham/status/1181646965773230080

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

skylined! posted:

I think you know this but it’s literally cognitive dissonance manifested as violence as a coping mechanism. People are dumb and don’t understand themselves, let alone a other people.

Yeah :smith:

Almost as if our notions of gender/sexuality are all made up by society and only mean things because we collectively decide they do!

I hope things get better on this front because it's truly awful and the trans community deserves so much better than what they've gotten from the world.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Notice Me Senpai!

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1181658145883480064

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

ok this is the funniest thing I've seen this year.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Mahoning posted:

Wait didn't Amazon build whatever in NYC anyway only without all the tax abatements or whatever?

Yeah amazon isn't calling it HQ2 but they have been hiring/renting buildings.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

axeil posted:

It's so loving stupid.

The pathology (edit to add: of the aggressors) is even deeper than that. Part of the reason there's a push for people to have "get out of gay free card" is because a large subset of the people who are performatively outraged that trans people exist are also trans-chasers. There's a big group of men who have sex with transwomen because they have a specific fetish for women with penises. Which of course, makes them gay. Only it doesn't, because that's impossible. So it's a trap. Which is a crime so the sexy transwoman needs to die! ... ish.

The overlap of cultural baggage, gender, and sexuality is a massive clusterfuck which has a lot of competing (and totally conflicting) theories to explain it. But ultimately it's a case of cognitive dissonance writ large: "I'm someone I can't be because being that would be wrong, therefore it's your fault." It's the cornerstone of most social conservatism. It's why you so commonly see the anti-gay preacher slurpin' D and the anti-trans orator being way more likely to murder a trans person. We don't have adequate mental health care for people who have issues they feel they aren't allowed to express, so poo poo gets warped. See also: Iran with tons of transwomen but no gay men. Social oppression and cultural taboos lead to some wild poo poo. [quick and dirty: sexual oppression can manifest in gender dysphoria through a feeling of being born incorrectly as a response to the fear of ostracization and death -- it happens in fundie circles too, but not as often; Iran's punishment for homosexuality is death, while being trans is legal -- it by no means suggests that all transwomen would have been gay men, but it does feed into social pathology being a big, beautiful mess.]

Ershalim fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 8, 2019

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

It's kinda weird that Republicans are coming out AGAINST Mccarthyism

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Zasze posted:

So one would say they are trying to go even further beyond HQ2?

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Ershalim posted:

The pathology is even deeper than that. Part of the reason there's a push for people to have "get out of gay free card" is because a large subset of the people who are performatively outraged that trans people exist are also trans-chasers. There's a big group of men who have sex with transwomen because they have a specific fetish for women with penises. Which of course, makes them gay. Only it doesn't, because that's impossible. So it's a trap. Which is a crime so the sexy transwoman needs to die! ... ish.

The overlap of cultural baggage, gender, and sexuality is a massive clusterfuck which has a lot of competing (and totally conflicting) theories to explain it. But ultimately it's a case of cognitive dissonance writ large: "I'm someone I can't be because being that would be wrong, therefore it's your fault." It's the cornerstone of most social conservatism. It's why you so commonly see the anti-gay preacher slurpin' D and the anti-trans orator being way more likely to murder a trans person. We don't have adequate mental health care for people who have issues they feel they aren't allowed to express, so poo poo gets warped. See also: Iran with tons of transwomen but no gay men. Social oppression and cultural taboos lead to some wild poo poo. [quick and dirty: sexual oppression can manifest in gender dysphoria through a feeling of being born incorrectly as a response to the fear of ostracization and death -- it happens in fundie circles too, but not as often; Iran's punishment for homosexuality is death, while being trans is legal -- it by no means suggests that all transwomen would have been gay men, but it does feed into social pathology being a big, beautiful mess.]

What the gently caress is this

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Zasze posted:

the HQ2 project was going to be an entire new campus, just expanding into existing office space or renovating buildings is less flashy and provides less space for transactional swapping with the local government

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

mods change my name to "get out of gay free card"

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/MeritLaw/status/1181653362015637505

I'm sure Dallas PD will agree that an independent investigation will help clear their name!

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

twice burned ice posted:

What the gently caress is this

It's queer theory. I was trying to explain why people who go nuts about transpeople through scare mongering tactics are suffering from social forces and acting out in an attempt to diminish their own cognitive dissonance, and linking it to real-life example to illustrate the point. Did I explain it badly?

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I'm not saying it wasn't a frame up but at least 3 people in my college town were shot, 2 fatally, over weed deals the 4 years I lived there.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

I'm so glad we fought off HQ2 in Queens. That was such a bullshit scam. Amazon conned nearly every major city in the US out of tons of data for free with the vague promise of ~*jobs*~ that they're going to use for years to come to have a competitive advantage.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ershalim posted:

The pathology is even deeper than that. Part of the reason there's a push for people to have "get out of gay free card" is because a large subset of the people who are performatively outraged that trans people exist are also trans-chasers. There's a big group of men who have sex with transwomen because they have a specific fetish for women with penises. Which of course, makes them gay. Only it doesn't, because that's impossible. So it's a trap. Which is a crime so the sexy transwoman needs to die! ... ish.

Ershalim posted:

It's queer theory. I was trying to explain why people who go nuts about transpeople through scare mongering tactics are suffering from social forces and acting out in an attempt to diminish their own cognitive dissonance, and linking it to real-life example to illustrate the point. Did I explain it badly?

it is, I cannot stress enough, not queer theory

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Didn't the defense claim she smelled weed and was thus scared for her life?

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

If you're wondering, this chud is running for Governor of Louisiana and is behind his Republican opponent in the polls.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Rosalind posted:

I'm so glad we fought off HQ2 in Queens. That was such a bullshit scam. Amazon conned nearly every major city in the US out of tons of data for free with the vague promise of ~*jobs*~ that they're going to use for years to come to have a competitive advantage.

Remember when the SNL weekend update guy said New York had "won the lottery" by getting it and they should shut up

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bullfrog posted:

I'm not saying it wasn't a frame up but at least 3 people in my college town were shot, 2 fatally, over weed deals the 4 years I lived there.

with those numbers I think you had better odds getting murdered by a vending machine than a weed dealer

also did those 3 have TWELVE POUNDS of weed?

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

with those numbers I think you had better odds getting murdered by a vending machine than a weed dealer

also did those 3 have TWELVE POUNDS of weed?

The city only has 20,000 people in it. In the most notable shooting, the weed deal was just a ruse to get inside the house for an armed robbery

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Ershalim posted:

"People who hate queer people do so because they secretly just want to gently caress queer people" is not actually as prevalent as society would think and I invite you to rethink this particular interpretation of queer politics.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Uhhh

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

I can't imagine Gowdy would get involved in the impeachment lawsuit, unless he's just got a hankering to get back on television.

He was smart enough to get the gently caress out of there the second Trump was elected.

Well...

https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/1181648423487000576

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Lightning Knight posted:

"People who hate queer people do so because they secretly just want to gently caress queer people" is not actually as prevalent as society would think and I invite you to rethink this particular interpretation of queer politics.

That's not what I was trying to say. You're totally right that there are plenty of bigots who are bigots for other (or no) reasons. Sorry for the badly phrased and possibly poorly understood tangent. I'll have to research it more so I don't come across any worse than I seem to have already.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Uncle Wemus posted:

Remember when the SNL weekend update guy said New York had "won the lottery" by getting it and they should shut up

God yes. They acted like Amazon coming to Queens/LIC was this gift from god to fix this blighted area when in fact LIC is already this booming hub with seemingly a new skyscraper popping up every month.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

First question Gowdy asked: “You paying me up front?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Nooooo

Looks like Gowdy has more of a brain than I thought