Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jows
May 8, 2002

Baronjutter posted:

She was a great horrific fascist lesbian war criminal on Battlestar Galactica too.

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Brought to you by Quiznos, mm mm mm mm mm, toasty

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

How the gently caress does Jake get his apartment so messy in 9 hours.

Did he change clothes 5 times that day?
Never underestimate a person with writer's block's ability to gently caress off and procrastinate.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
I've been watching some Voyager clips on Youtube and while Janeway is great as expected, I really dig this line from Chakotay:

"Reverse thrusters, full power!"
"That'll tear the hull apart."
"Then tear it apart!"

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Walton Simons posted:

I've been watching some Voyager clips on Youtube and while Janeway is great as expected, I really dig this line from Chakotay:

"Reverse thrusters, full power!"
"That'll tear the hull apart."
"Then tear it apart!"

That's fine, but it's no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBKIckjNvtQ

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Knew what that was gonna be before I clicked (embeds off) and you better believe I clicked it anyway!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LividLiquid posted:

Never underestimate a person with writer's block's ability to gently caress off and procrastinate.

Your spelling is so bad a guy who was literally illiterate 4 years ago that YOU TAUGHT TO READ now has better spelling and grammar than you Jake!

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Jake descends into alcoholism because the only works of his that sell are his novelizations of Vulcan Love Slave

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Interesting distinction. Please explain.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

marktheando posted:

She was a more interesting character than most of the regulars. She had an interesting backstory and actually had some conflict with other crew members :piss:

It's slightly jarring how Riker and Picard are kind of dicks to her, but she was a really good character. When Picard pushes her to infiltrate the Maquis, I really felt for her :(

I wish she'd come in sooner, or at least had shown up in ST again after TNG.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Trickjaw posted:

I think they made her a lesbian so she could be seduced and manipulated by Gina Six. Somehow I don't think that would have been very believable if it was Doral.

Jows
May 8, 2002

Trickjaw posted:

It just seemed ham-fisted. Actually was that even in the series proper? Or was it in one of the movies? It's been many years since I watched it.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Jows posted:

It just seemed ham-fisted. Actually was that even in the series proper? Or was it in one of the movies? It's been many years since I watched it.

The show actually got a lot of kudos at the time for NOT making a deal out of any character's sexuality. Much like how they never even mentioned any character's race, even in passing. (Other than Cylon or Human, I mean.) It was actually a slight problem for the authors of the novelizations when they had to describe a character's appearance. You can't say that Sharon is east Asian, because she's not. Asia is somewhere across the galaxy.

But the implication was that race and orientation are a total non-issue in Colonial society, and a lot of people found that refreshing.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Hipster_Doofus posted:

I think they made her a lesbian so she could be seduced and manipulated by Gina Six.

And so they could have lots of """fun""" allusions (and eventually be more up-front) about Gina Six getting raped over and over on Pegasus.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Baronjutter posted:

She was a great horrific fascist war criminal on Battlestar Galactica too.

I am embarrassed that I never noticed this.

Huh.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'd love to have a scene with Ro and Kira interacting. 2 amazing actors, 2 very realized characters. I don't even care what they say or do, just chew some scenery together.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
'scenery'

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Since we got pages of speculation out of a still shot from Lower Decks, how about the fact that people are predicting Chakotay briefly appears and gets killed by the Borg in Picard off of this screenshot from the trailer:

100% would not care.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Arglebargle III posted:

100% would not care.

Oh, I would. Chakotay's character would finally go somewhere.

To hell, where it belongs.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Since we got pages of speculation out of a still shot from Lower Decks, how about the fact that people are predicting Chakotay briefly appears and gets killed by the Borg in Picard off of this screenshot from the trailer:

I don't know why, but I assumed that was Hugh.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
*somber starfleet funeral with chakotay’s body in a torpedo casing*

admiral: chakotay was...a human male

*end funeral, torpedo flies off into the sun*

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

HD DAD posted:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

HD DAD posted:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
This week on Archer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh0mrIjW-H0

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Is that a Trill at 0:09?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Senor Tron posted:

Is that a Trill at 0:09?

Looks like it!

I can't hate H Jon Benjamin and I can't hate more Pike. I'm excited.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Senor Tron posted:

I don't know why, but I assumed that was Hugh.

My money's on Icheb.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Wheezle posted:

Had to be done.
Lol. Always think of that guy’s YouTube clips when I see Data painting.

Grand Fromage posted:

The Federation becoming timid and closed in after the Dominion War seems reasonable to me. Not LOL FEDERATION BAD but I could see Starfleet command thinking maybe poking around everywhere isn't a great idea after getting both the Borg and the Dominion's attention in a relatively short period of time. Plus whatever went wrong with Picard's mission to the Romulans.

I agree with this. It’s not that different than the USA trying to reconsider whether it wants to be world police or more isolationist, and living with the consequences of either.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The politics of the whole sector were left radically changed at the end of the Dominion war. There's a new Nagus who's going to try to un-Ferengi the Ferengi. The Cardassians were once an important power, but have been devastated with its entire former leadership dead. Bajor lost its pope and its messiah, and Deep Space 9 is just no longer under Federation management for some reason? The Klingons got a new Chancellor, and I don't think they ever really touched much on the implications of when they installed a figurehead emperor. Them Boush-lookin' dudes the Dominion hooked up with kinda just stumbled onto the international stage. The Romulans....had nothing happen to them worth noting in DS9 but got hit pretty hard by some movies. The Dominion itself was implied to be headed in a different direction, so things on the other side of the wormhole may be radically changing too.

If the Federation is one of the only big states that hasn't had major leadership changes. If it hasn't stepped up to put all the pieces back together, it's fertile ground for writers to practically invent a whole new galaxy with new major powers emerging.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

You mean this week on Home Movies.

I am more excited for this Coach McGuirk thing more than I am for Picard or Disco3.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
The Romulans had a LOT of dead Romulan soldiers by the end of the war, that was bound to have some effects on their society, not to mention the simple fact that...well, they had been allied with the Federation and the Klingons, fighting and dying alongside them, and that'll have some effects too, even if it wasn't on the level of 'all their leadership was replaced' or 'their entire society was almost wiped out'.

Of course, then Nemesis happened, and...I don't wanna talk about this no more.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SlothfulCobra posted:

The politics of the whole sector were left radically changed at the end of the Dominion war. There's a new Nagus who's going to try to un-Ferengi the Ferengi. The Cardassians were once an important power, but have been devastated with its entire former leadership dead. Bajor lost its pope and its messiah, and Deep Space 9 is just no longer under Federation management for some reason? The Klingons got a new Chancellor, and I don't think they ever really touched much on the implications of when they installed a figurehead emperor. Them Boush-lookin' dudes the Dominion hooked up with kinda just stumbled onto the international stage. The Romulans....had nothing happen to them worth noting in DS9 but got hit pretty hard by some movies. The Dominion itself was implied to be headed in a different direction, so things on the other side of the wormhole may be radically changing too.

If the Federation is one of the only big states that hasn't had major leadership changes. If it hasn't stepped up to put all the pieces back together, it's fertile ground for writers to practically invent a whole new galaxy with new major powers emerging.

Yeah, soon after the war basically every competitor has collapsed or reoriented in a very pro-Federation way. The Feds would have a golden age of dominance followed by slurping them up or expanding around them very rapidly and having whole new borders and frontiers.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I'm a huge fan of HJB and Star Trek and am fine with the Archer coma dream season having a Star Trek episode, why not.

I read somewhere yesterday that Kurtzman mentioned they'd leased a gigantic studio space for "more shows", and it seemed to hint at one of those being a Pike show. I would be fine with that too.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

'scenery'

:mmmhmm:

HD DAD posted:

:lol:

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
“Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, he was... one of them.”

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Do you want Tribbles? Because that's how you get Tribbles.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Oh, right, there's another animated Star Trek coming out on Nick.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why would Nickelodeon make a star track when they already have the rights to air power rangers lost Galaxy

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

You're right I had totally forgotten about this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RED SQUAD
RED SQUAD
RED SQUAD