Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This will shock you, but the White House Counsel's 8-page letter basically saying that the White House won't cooperate with the impeachment inquiry is full of horseshit and doesn't even pretend to be anything close to legally-based.

Not going to bother linking it, it's just regurgitated Fox News.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/10/07/trump-campaign-threatens-to-sue-target-center-if-rally-is-blocked

Turns out if you don't pay your bills people will stop extending you credit.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

quote:

According to the campaign, the Secret Service is “solely” responsible for securing the arena and blocking the rally would be a breach of their contract.

Never have I wanted a bluff to be called so badly.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Should make a death pact. If Trump survives this impeachment somehow, everyone vote for Trump because gently caress it lets burn this poo poo to the ground.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Stay the gently caress out of MPLW Donnie.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I can't even fathom the cognitive dissonance required to blame Hillary and her campaign's abject failures on Russian memes but ok
Please tell the guy I know that thinks Ilhan Omar married her brother about how memes can't break minds.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

ded posted:

Should make a death pact. If Trump survives this impeachment somehow, everyone vote for Trump because gently caress it lets burn this poo poo to the ground.

what impeachment? its an illegal witch hunt and presidential harassment

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Associated Press posted:

The White House has notified the House that the Trump administration will not participate in what it is calling Democrats' "illegitimate" impeachment probe.

White House Counsel Pat Cipollone writes in a letter to House Democratic leaders that their inquiry has processed in a "manner that violates fundamental fairness and constitutionally mandated due process" and "lacks any legitimate constitutional foundation" or "pretense of fairness."

The letter comes the same day Trump intensified his fight with Congress by blocking Gordon Sondland, the U.S. European Union ambassador, from testifying behind closed doors about the president's dealings with Ukraine.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff called Sondland's no-show "additional strong evidence" of obstruction of Congress by Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo that will only strengthen Democrats' case.

"You can't impeach me, you're not legitimate!"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm daydreaming of Donnie finding himself transplanted in Shirley Jackson's The Lottery, which he has undoubtedly never read. "I AM THE BESTEST AT WINNING, THE GREATEST VICTORY EVER OVER THE HATERS, ME BIGLY WIN GUY! OW! WHAT IS HAPPENING?!"

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

Stay the gently caress out of MPLW Donnie.

Please tell the guy I know that thinks Ilhan Omar married her brother about how memes can't break minds.

Someone i knew would randomly say " just like all those clinton aids who committed suicide with two bullets through the back of their heads anytime the family was getting investigated" as if it was a real thing. The broke braining is everywhere the conversation didnt even have to do with the clintons or killing yourself they would randomly drop it in. Last I heard they were thinking after the mueller report maybe the trump election was kinda shady. If hes that easily swayed maybe theres hope? haha no there isnt

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/wendythurm/status/1181679935070490624

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Did...did they just say the constitution is uncontitutional? :wtc:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Much like people who hide behind the first amendment but really don't believe in it, conservatives don't actually give a poo poo about the constitution. Film at 11

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Stravag posted:

Congratulations, you just gave 5000 Federalist Society members nosebleeds.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I feel like I should be proud of that, should I be proud of that?

Edit: conservatives and libertarians im saying I should be proud of that

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Stravag posted:

Here's Rubio's former General Counsel and a former Congressional/DOJ staffer with analysis of the letter:

https://twitter.com/greggnunziata/status/1181685021926662144?s=19

Absolutely everything in the White House is done to make Donnie happy and nothing more. The letter is complete nonsense and they're all hoping he survives by being himself.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

Here's Rubio's former General Counsel and a former Congressional/DOJ staffer with analysis of the letter:

https://twitter.com/greggnunziata/status/1181685021926662144?s=19

Absolutely everything in the White House is done to make Donnie happy and nothing more. The letter is complete nonsense and they're all hoping he survives by being himself.

Well, he's still the President so it's been a winning strategy this far.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

"Don't want to become part of Russia again? Better drop the investigation if so"

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1181684954784309249

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
So the first half of the 21st century is going to be about Ukraine, much like the first half of the 20th was about the balkans.

Cool.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

McNally posted:

Admittedly within the context of UK soccer fans, but if you guys feel I'm wrong here then I'll accept that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV2_HwFO9kg

Edit: Oh man, this movie is 15 loving years old.

Also :lol: at that letter.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 8, 2019

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1181692679631101958?s=20

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

bird food bathtub posted:

Well, he's still the President so it's been a winning strategy this far.

Democrats just subpoenaed Ambassador Sycophant, so we're rapidly approaching a decision point for Democrats about how they're exactly going to fight. They could just out a new coat of paint on the Nixon obstruction article, or start marching into court requesting emergency hearings, which are still slow as gently caress.

It's also kinda hard to know what's "winning" when Donnie's staring at being the first impeached president to run for reelection, if the Democrats' go their quickest/weakest route. Everyone has Bill Clinton bias about how impeachment will help Trump win in 2020 if it gets hosed up, but uh... his numbers are even worse than normal.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Much like people who hide behind the first amendment but really don't believe in it, conservatives don't actually give a poo poo about the constitution. Film at 11

It's been said a lot lately, but conservatives want the law to protect them, but not apply to them. It should apply to others, but not protect them.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I thought trump completely annihilated ISIS

https://twitter.com/LizSly/status/1181712159853748225

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Suspicious as heck timing of course. Pretty sure Turkey doesn't give a poo poo about ISIS as long as ISIS is blowing up Kurds.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
CNN just told me Bernie is making an announcement regarding his campaign tonight.

Just parroting for the moment, I'll try to find a link.

It's gonna be everywhere in a minute, but he's "scaling back his campaign schedule".

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Turkey attacking the Kurds is exactly what ISIS wants. They are going to attack the SDF and YPG detention camps (where tens of thousands of ISIS members are being held) next. I loving guarantee it.

ISIS has been waiting for a time like this. They've been preparing men, money, and materiel ever since they lost their physical caliphate.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bored As gently caress posted:

Turkey attacking the Kurds is exactly what ISIS wants. They are going to attack the SDF and YPG detention camps (where tens of thousands of ISIS members are being held) next. I loving guarantee it.

ISIS has been waiting for a time like this. They've been preparing men, money, and materiel ever since they lost their physical caliphate.

That would be a safe bet, and then they will be most of the way back to establishing actual territorial holdings on a map, except the Kurds won't be around to fight them anymore.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

CNN just told me Bernie is making an announcement regarding his campaign tonight.

It's gonna be everywhere in a minute, but he's "scaling back his campaign schedule".

Consequence of the heart attack, don't look too much into it. He campaigns like a man on fire, he will likely just cut it down to "more than everyone else". He's still in a solid 3rd in polling with a shitload of money.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Apparently his daughter-in-law just died of cancer? Haven't heard a duration for said scale back.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/adamwren/status/1181727864862982144

The weakest loving defense by gently caress head of a Senator.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Haha you guys just joking when I said Democrats are outlawed. Seriously not literally m i rite?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

Haha you guys just joking when I said Democrats are outlawed. Seriously not literally m i rite?
HE WAS JUST KIDDING WHEN HE SHOVED THOSE GAYS INTO THAT GAS CHAMBER.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1181720343192444928

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh no, anyone but Kamala Harris, noooooooo Jacob don't do it

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Get the gently caress outa here.

Seriously I don’t care for her but how can somebody just constantly slander people. Besides the president that is.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh no, anyone but Kamala Harris, noooooooo Jacob don't do it

Please... no... briars!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Oh. No. Please. Not Kamala Harris. :geno:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

These loving goons

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LingcodKilla posted:

Get the gently caress outa here.

Seriously I don’t care for her but how can somebody just constantly slander people. Besides the president that is.

Oh come on, it's Jacob loving Wohl. He's the least effective fake news guy ever and his attempt to smear Warren literally fell apart while it was being broadcast. So it's gonna be double hilarious when he tries to get the knife out for Kamala "Beat the Margin Of Error But Nobody Else" Harris and accidentally cuts his own dick into a penile onion blossom.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I wonder what crazy sex bernie sanders is having in wohls mind