Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i just went to his site and whooooo boy

you do not need to scroll v far in his gallery before you hit the first hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Look up the card "Invoke Prejudice"

My work blocks MTG stuff so I can't post it.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Heath posted:

Look up the card "Invoke Prejudice"

My work blocks MTG stuff so I can't post it.

that’s what was posted on the last page/what prompted the mention

it has gatherer number 1488 for a reason

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
How did it get that number anyway? That can't have been intentional I hope

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Heath posted:

How did it get that number anyway? That can't have been intentional I hope

it was absolutely intentional - harold mcneill being known as a guy WotC had cut ties with for being a nazi was pretty old hat when gatherer was set up in 2004 with invoke prejudice specifically being a punchline of a card in M:tG circles, so giving it that id number was something of a winky easter-egg saying "yo, this dude is a loving nazi"

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!
Keep in mind as well, Legends was the third MtG expansion, back when it was still just Richard Garfield and Co., and they basically asked some friends to make an expansion for the game and then ran with what they gave them. This is why some of the design decisions (like treating having multicolor costs and being legendary as advantages instead of as making the card more difficult to play) in the set stand out as so odd, even for early WotC.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Hodgepodge posted:

Keep in mind as well, Legends was the third MtG expansion, back when it was still just Richard Garfield and Co., and they basically asked some friends to make an expansion for the game and then ran with what they gave them. This is why some of the design decisions (like treating having multicolor costs and being legendary as advantages instead of as making the card more difficult to play) in the set stand out as so odd, even for early WotC.

oh yeah, and they were sourcing art from pretty much anywhere (look at... a lot of the early cards), the game didn't really have proper art direction/sourcing until sometime around Alliances when Sue Ann Harkey assumed that role (and brought in a ton of great artists)

it's too bad she left/didn't work out, because Mirage and Visions are the best sets artistically by a pretty wide margin and while the style guide + house style approach has definitely culled a lot of the early lows, the game has definitely lost something as well

e: and while I've got my issues with him as designer, they should really let Maro go hog-wild with terrible Odyssey-esque puns and in-jokes every ~10 sets or so

LGD has issued a correction as of 10:22 on Oct 9, 2019

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Legends had the foglio brothers make some pretty cool art (Mirror Universe owns) so there's some good with it

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://wendys-feast-of-legends.fandom.com/wiki/Feast_of_Legends_Wiki

Fully vandalizeable

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i remember when Denny's was the only twitter brand trying to be cool, now everyone's doing it and they're somehow worse

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

get that OUT of my face posted:

Legends had the foglio brothers make some pretty cool art (Mirror Universe owns) so there's some good with it

phil is a little too cartoon-ey for my taste but i like his wife's art a lot

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
yeah kaja's art was always fantastic, and I always liked richard kane ferguson's

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I think the new standardized art style is fine but it's pretty boring and I prefer the old mix of styles. The variety made it feel more fantastical.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!
a Twitter profile of courage

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1185931212155772933

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

finally my abu ghraib diorama can be accurate

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Last time I got out my green army men I had them hunt down and execute Bin Laden

I'm disturbed how prescient I was

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I was involved in play testing a squad based game using green army men at age twelve.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Have a cola and smile, bitch

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

here's a good post about "Verizon’s Criminal Justice Forum"

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Malcom X's "Too black, too strong" speech is a good summary of why woke branding is poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-tuy6kI8q8

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

this is good. any woman player who loses, despite the gender advantage given to them, will inevitably conclude that the property system played a major role in the game's outcome.

edit:

the only boardgame developed by a marxist academic included similar mechanics--giving advantages based on race and gender iirc--as a teaching tool. it's nice that the libs are catching up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_Struggle_(board_game)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/Dictionarycom/status/1191446620149362690

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
loving nerds ruin everything

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

nice try Sami Vatanen, i know that's you with the #45 helmet

(fire John Hynes)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/nickmullen/status/1191727152775008257

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErhaWVG0o1I

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

this is an ad for a soft drink, of all things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l_8yeYVlBo

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
there's a ton of places online where it's not ok to say bad poo poo about brands or companies, corporate hug boxes where fans circle jerk over their products

is there a more specific term for this besides 'bootlicker'?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

BULBASAUR posted:

there's a ton of places online where it's not ok to say bad poo poo about brands or companies, corporate hug boxes where fans circle jerk over their products

love the car, but

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

BULBASAUR posted:

theres one on this very forum

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

lol

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

What could this even mean, is there's also a male USB charging port?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Look, as long as you can still gently caress the controller, no sane person should care.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What was that one game that came with a vibrator? It was some rhythm game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

super sweet best pal posted:

What was that one game that came with a vibrator? It was some rhythm game.

Rez had a vibrator controller add-on. I wanna say it was compatible with the latest re-release.