Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Does anyone else have anything like this going as a flag out of curiosity?

I suppose if someone playing Florida did the gator chomp in their face it'd be a taunting flag, but doesn't this count whether or not you're doing it at someone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

Does anyone else have anything like this going as a flag out of curiosity?

I suppose if someone playing Florida did the gator chomp in their face it'd be a taunting flag, but doesn't this count whether or not you're doing it at someone?

Tebow got flagged for chomping at some OU safety he just punked in the 09 BCS title game.

Maybe the throat slash stuff?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LeeMajors posted:

Tebow got flagged for chomping at some OU safety he just punked in the 09 BCS title game.

Yeah but that makes some sort of (dumb) sense.

I'm pretty sure if you just flash the horns down at a camera or the fans or something you get flagged. Maybe I'm wrong.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Grittybeard posted:

I'm pretty sure if you just flash the horns down at a camera or the fans or something you get flagged. Maybe I'm wrong.

As it should be.

Respecc where the money comes from, lessers.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

It's something like that

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27202541/big-12-horns-ok-depending-usage

quote:

"Like any play, there is a degree -- who it's directed at," Burks said Tuesday at Big 12 media days at AT&T Stadium. "If they do it in their bench area, we're not going to look at it. It would be like any other celebration foul, so it has to be like any other foul we have. Does it rise to the level we need to deal with that? It's a hot topic.

"I know people want us to be definitive on that, but it's like any touchdown celebration. Is it directed at an opponent or just celebration with your teammates?"

Like all celebration penalties, it's stupid bullshit.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That makes more sense then I guess. Although still dumb like we all agree.

I just got reminded of this. I'd like to know...how this happened. Like what sort of set up did Feely have where he could do this?

https://twitter.com/SomeonesAnIdiot/status/1181319381218975749

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

As it should be.

Respecc where the money comes from, lessers.

the money comes from the sooners though?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Metapod posted:

the money comes from the sooners though?

I dont see a Sooners network

:colbert:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Thermos H Christ posted:

Yeah, they're clearly very capable of running up the score on overmatched defenses, it just doesn't seem like it's been tested against any actual good defenses and their own defense looked like a potential liability. It's not that I think they're actually bad, it's just... are they really that good? Seems like they could end up being a playoff team or losing 3+ games down the stretch.

It's week six, very few teams have been tested against a good defense. The top 5 scoring offenses are LSU, Oklahoma, Bama, Ohio State, Penn State. Ohio State played Michigan State, who are probably a pretty good defense this year, but who else in there has played a defense or even a team that's worth a poo poo?

My point isn't that LSU is great, they could definitely slow down down the stretch, but they're in some really good company right now and it's weird to base your entire assessment of the team around them not beating Texas badly enough a month ago.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Texas would have a bottom half defense in any group of five conference is the problem

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Raku posted:

Texas would have a bottom half defense in any group of five conference is the problem

Who is that a problem for? Besides Texas?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Grittybeard posted:

I just got reminded of this. I'd like to know...how this happened. Like what sort of set up did Feely have where he could do this?

https://twitter.com/SomeonesAnIdiot/status/1181319381218975749

I'd like to think he was slurping down a giant 32 oz glass of beer and not paying attention to the game.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

LeeMajors posted:

ah yes one of the two cool things tebow has done

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

Is the other when he took that 30 yard sack against the Patriots?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Declan MacManus posted:

Never buy gribenes from a mohel it’s so chewy

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Is the other when he took that 30 yard sack against the Patriots?

yes

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/JFergusonAU/status/1181700303441149952

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Can't wait for South Carolina this weekend, cuz Georgia has never ever had a national championship hype season ruined by overlooking south carolina no sir never happened

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

LeeMajors posted:

I'm reminded of Brad Wing getting a taunting penalty as he was running in a fake punk for a TD.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Taerkar posted:

I'm reminded of Brad Wing getting a taunting penalty as he was running in a fake punk for a TD.

As happy as I was for that TD’s nullification, I can say that was complete and total bullshit.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

As happy as I was for that TD’s nullification, I can say that was complete and total bullshit.

It was also the first ever enforcement of that rule which made him a pioneer

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

LeeMajors posted:

If a punter runs in a TD they're allowed whatever they want because they're a goddamn punter.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Taerkar posted:

If a punter runs in a TD they're allowed whatever they want because they're a goddamn punter.

LeeMajors posted:

As happy as I was for that TD's nullification, I can say that was complete and total bullshit.

I'm p sure I was agreeing with you.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
It felt more like a mercy rule at the time; even their punter was schooling us, and the refs stepped in.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

It felt more like a mercy rule at the time; even their punter was schooling us, and the refs stepped in.

LSU dunking on us with fakes for like 10 years was just maddening and incredible

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern has a bye week, you're welcome america

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

LeeMajors posted:

I'm p sure I was agreeing with you.

I'm saying that in general, not just that occasion.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LeeMajors posted:

LSU dunking on us with fakes for like 10 years was just maddening and incredible

When Les stopped doing that, the magic was gone.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

LeeMajors posted:

THATS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

colachute posted:

THATS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't use that sort of language :colbert:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

We don't use that sort of language :colbert:

Imagine being a grown man thinking 'bullcrap!' is impactful.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
My parents’ preacher bears a striking similarity to Mark Richt

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
e: wrong thread

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 9, 2019

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Thermos H Christ posted:

Like who is Wohl even grifting at this point? At one point he maybe had some of the dumbest, most online chuds on board with his Ilhan Omar poo poo but like how does he even benefit from being a clown getting up there to get laughed at by libs and lefties? Is he even on the right’s radar at this point?

Sir, this is a Wendy's Drive.. NCAA Aftermath Thread.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Thermos H Christ posted:

Like who is Wohl even grifting at this point? At one point he maybe had some of the dumbest, most online chuds on board with his Ilhan Omar poo poo but like how does he even benefit from being a clown getting up there to get laughed at by libs and lefties? Is he even on the right’s radar at this point?

Wrong post?

Also Wohl is hilarious we should cherish him.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Jacob Wohl ain't played nobody.

except himself

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

Jacob Wohl ain't played nobody.

except himself

And that marine bodybuilder who supposedly got out-hosed by septuagenarian Liz Warren.

lol even if it were true, it would make me like her more.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

God bless

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The absolute worst meme format in history, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

The absolute worst meme format in history, sorry