Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
https://projects.sfchronicle.com/trackers/power-outages/

It's almost as if PG&E is worried the legislature won't bail them out (yet again) if sparks from their power lines start another major wildfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Made mah gummi bears 69 because I am 14

I would make them commit more depraved acts but I ate them all before I thought about it :(

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Trying

lewd action abstract bears

Trying

morning all it is not even 5 am here haha i am going to be tired and bitchy later watch out coworkers haha

Escape From Noise

FluffieDuckula posted:

They’re related. No rain for drinking, no rain for trees. The wind blows the dead trees onto the power lines and starts fires. So it gets windy and they figure no power, no sparks.

But this too ^^^^^ :shrug:

No worries, I’ve collected the stage 1 emergency kit and I’m freezing water so I’m pretty prepared.

Are you stockpiling gasoline? Also possibly consider building a large wall with a sturdy gate surrounded by a dry moat. Also get your hands on some used sports equipment and crossbows. Consider developing a taste for human flesh.

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Consider developing a taste for human flesh.

way ahead of you, buddy

3D Megadoodoo

Jaded Burnout posted:

I'm v tired but here's a photo of the rats having a post-vet snack

TBQH if I'd eaten a vet, I don't think I could fit in even a raspberry. Very hungry rats, amaging!

FluffieDuckie

Are you stockpiling gasoline? Also possibly consider building a large wall with a sturdy gate surrounded by a dry moat. Also get your hands on some used sports equipment and crossbows. Consider developing a taste for human flesh.

No, my stage 1 supplies include 4 candles, a lighter, 3 lanterns, and 2 headlamps.

That’s enough for me to find the rest of the supplies when the lights go out.

We don’t use gasoline so that won’t help but it’s clear our e-vehicles won’t survive the first wave of the apocalypse. Probably should have thought that through.

I think we have some old gymnastics grips around here, and an old bocce set in the garage.

Also I’m vegetarian which is going to mess with my cannibalism.

Let’s face it, my odds aren’t really good.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Escape From Noise

FluffieDuckula posted:

No, my stage 1 supplies include 4 candles, a lighter, 3 lanterns, and 2 headlamps.

That’s enough for me to find the rest of the supplies when the lights go out.

We don’t use gasoline so that won’t help but it’s clear our e-vehicles won’t survive the first wave of the apocalypse. Probably should have thought that through.

I think we have some old gymnastics grips around here, and an old bocce set in the garage.

Also I’m vegetarian which is going to mess with my cannibalism.

Let’s face it, my odds aren’t really good.

Okay. We can work with this. Could you maybe attach a handcranked dynamo to your cars? even if you don't use it though you could cord gas. It will be useful for trading and flamethrowers.

I understand you're a vegetarian but during the apocalypse may have to bend your morals. Just eat whoever you have to kill in self defense.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Oct 9, 2019

Heather Papps

hello friend

TVsVeryOwn posted:

today is my day of birth. please continue posting normally.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

and

a good mungo to ye all!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

I understand you're a vegetarian but during the apocalypse may have to bend your morals. Just eat whoever you have to kill him self defense.

there is a really good bt in the oryx/crake trilogy where the gods gardeners go to one of their seedbank/food stash places and find a buncha rats ate everything, so, they have to eat the rats to survive and are very sad about it

ChubbyChecker

Jaded Burnout posted:

I'm v tired but here's a photo of the rats having a post-vet snack

Goons Are Gifts

We just form a posting circle to send support to fluffie. Everyone grab some stranger randomly standing next to you by their hands until they flee, post a byob thread related to your opinion regarding lasagna and, in order to spook away the evil spirits, shout out the word "coupons" as loud as you can in an overly crowded train.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Goons Are Great posted:

We just form a posting circle to send support to fluffie. Everyone grab some stranger randomly standing next to you by their hands until they flee, post a byob thread related to your opinion regarding lasagna and, in order to spook away the evil spirits, shout out the word "coupons" as loud as you can in an overly crowded train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR34PJOl3K8

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

BUT WHAT IF I NEED TO GOOGLE "WHAT IS A JUGGALO" DURING THE OUTAGE

Escape From Noise

hamjobs posted:

BUT WHAT IF I NEED TO GOOGLE "WHAT IS A JUGGALO" DURING THE OUTAGE

You should probably just buy a hardcopy of the song.

Edit: For reference

Heather Papps

hello friend

sometimes the power goes out here, and i go to my big book of byob, which has all my favourite threads printed out and bound

it isn't as good as really yobbin' but any port in a storm

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

When the power is out I tell spooooky stories about posting in a gray forum by candlelight

Papa Was A Video Toaster

thanks for all the hbds yobfam.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Posting from inside the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, full bars lol!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Under the second part of the tunnel

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

xcheopis

Neither my home nor my place of work are in the power-outage zone, which is good because all my supplies for surviving two days without power are in storage.

My more far-flung colleagues, however, have to travel to different locations to work, which sucks for them.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Interesting read:

https://twitter.com/bedwardstiek/status/1182047040932470784?s=21

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I don't want to do a political here so I'm largely sitting on my hands, but:

PG&E are convicted felons and murderers.

Trying

hamjobs posted:

knowing quite little about the situation it would appear to this layman's eyes that they are about to kill quite a few more people for money

xcheopis

hamjobs posted:

They aren't convicted, though. :(

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

oh but seriously I posted:

knowing quite little about the situation it would appear to this layman's eyes that they are about to kill quite a few more people for money

I just read up on it, insane.

Also Hamjobs: This isn't really politics, it's coorperate insanity.

<3 <3 Vanisher

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

They aren't convicted, though. :(

Iirc, the company was held liable as a citizen entity for the deaths in San Bruno, at minimum.

xcheopis

hamjobs posted:

Iirc, the company was held liable as a citizen entity for the deaths in San Bruno, at minimum.

No one went to prison. Instead, they raised rates and cut back some more on maintenance.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

No one went to prison. Instead, they raised rates and cut back some more on maintenance.

Guillotines. All of them.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

hamjobs posted:

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Oct 10, 2019

Heather Papps

hello friend

hamjobs posted:

Heather Papps

hello friend

GOOD MUNGO YOBS!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Heather Papps posted:

GOOD MUNGO YOBS!

good mungo to you Hey Thar Pabst

Goons Are Gifts

I hope you all had a great Wednesday, because mine was surprisingly good and for the first time in it feels like ages everything worked out great and also I had a date in a cinema which feels so insanely American that I thought the movie was in English for the first two minutes!!

Heather Papps

hello friend

TVsVeryOwn posted:

good mungo to you Hey Thar Pabst

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

Robot Made of Meat

Okay. We can work with this. Could you maybe attach a handcranked dynamo to your cars? even if you don't use it though you could cord gas. It will be useful for trading and flamethrowers.

I understand you're a vegetarian but during the apocalypse may have to bend your morals. Just eat whoever you have to kill in self defense.

Yeah, we're talking people here, not cute, cuddly animals!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

Goons Are Great posted:

I hope you all had a great Wednesday, because mine was surprisingly good and for the first time in it feels like ages everything worked out great and also I had a date in a cinema which feels so insanely American that I thought the movie was in English for the first two minutes!!

That makes sense. If it were an American cinema, everyone would be moving around, unwrapping food, and talking so loudly on their phones that it'd be anybody's guess what language the movie was in.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Flying out to CA tomorrow. See my brother. Smoke that weed. Go to awesome concert. :rock:

Good weekend to be had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Resting Lich Face posted:

Flying out to CA tomorrow. See my brother. Smoke that weed. Go to awesome concert. :rock:

Good weekend to be had.

So... Not the Bay Area, then